Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: ONLY TIME WILL TELL  (Read 23500 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:ONLY TIME WILL TELL
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

Very sorry to read that about the wonderful Wendy Wasserstein. She had great success, but she's left us much too early.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2006, 09:21:46 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Three Dance!!![/move]

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2006, 09:23:28 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I guess I'm just gonna stay up.  I'm not really tired, but I'm thinking a short nap might do me some good.  *And I really do want to head to Central Park for a run later this afternoon, so...

We shall see..
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2006, 09:23:39 AM »

I'd love to see the Temple STORYBOOKS, but I don't want them on video especially at outrageous prices. I can wait. Some enterprising outfit will figure out they own the rights and start issuing them. There's always a market for family entertainment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2006, 09:23:57 AM »

In other news... I'm all caught up on the Notes and Posts...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2006, 09:24:15 AM »

DR Ann - Onward and Upward.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2006, 09:24:47 AM »

I'm here safe and sound, thanks to DR Jose's excellent driving skills. I'm afraid I wasn't much of a driving companion - I dozed off around 12:30 this morning - but he was kind enough to drop me off at my subway stop before his trek uptown. I think I got to bed around 3:30 this morning. I was up at 8:00 and, to my shock and frustration, my roommate was in the bathroom taking a shower - for FORTY-FIVE MINUTES! I finally had to knock on the door and tell him I needed to get ready. "Oh, I'm sorry - I'm not used to the new schedule." What? What "new" schedule? I've been on MY schedule since he moved in. I don't know what HIS new schedule is and it doesn't really matter - 45 minutes in the bathroom on any morning is too long. Especially since he has a half bathroom in his bedroom. Rant over.

I took nearly 300 pictures this weekend while I was visiting Our Nation's Capitol. I did the touristy stuff yesterday - the National Archives, four of the Smithsonian museums, the National Gallery and the Washington Monument. It was a busy day! And then I got to sit in the pit with DR Jose and his fellow musicians, which was quite a fun experience. Believe it or not, last night was the first time the whole weekend that I was able to forget the stresses of last week and just have fun.

Many, MANY thanks to DR Jose and his parents for putting me up - and putting up with me - this weekend. FRUIT LOOPS!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2006, 09:27:36 AM »

DR FJL - RE: Your IE problems - Are you on a PC or Mac?  The Mac version is just not "it", so...  However, if you are on a PC...  Check your Internet Settings.  The default is to check for "newer versions" of each page automatically.  I find that that just eats up way too much memory and bandwidth.  Better to set that option to "Each Visit to the Page".

And have you cleared your cache lately?  (seriously)  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2006, 09:30:35 AM »

Sounds like a great trip and a great getaway for you, DR Jason.

Jason

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2006, 09:30:56 AM »

And have you cleared your cache lately?

Calling DR TCB...TCB...your table is ready...  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2006, 09:31:02 AM »

I just signed up for a screening tonight of the newly restored South Pacific that's about to make its appearance on DVD.  I don't know exactly what they're showing, whether it's a digital projection of the DVD itself, or a newly struck 70mm print (one would hope it's the latter, but who knows).  One of the main reasons I'm going to go is because the screening takes place at the Pacific's Theater on Hollywood Blvd.  The Pacific's was formerly the Warner Cinerama (written about extensively in the Kritzer books), and it's been closed for twenty years or so.  About ten years ago they started to have events and screenings there, but I've never managed to go to one.  So, I'm going to try and wrap up everything by six so I can head over there for the seven o'clock screening.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2006, 09:31:45 AM »

Have you ever been at work and just felt like not working.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2006, 09:32:01 AM »

I took nearly 300 pictures this weekend while I was visiting Our Nation's Capitol. I did the touristy stuff yesterday - the National Archives, four of the Smithsonian museums, the National Gallery and the Washington Monument. It was a busy day! And then I got to sit in the pit with DR Jose and his fellow musicians, which was quite a fun experience. Believe it or not, last night was the first time the whole weekend that I was able to forget the stresses of last week and just have fun.

Many, MANY thanks to DR Jose and his parents for putting me up - and putting up with me - this weekend. FRUIT LOOPS!!

And don't forget about the pizza... and the desserts... And the Cheese Nips!  ;D

And I wasn't "putting up" with anything.  Always nice to have a friend along for the ride.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2006, 09:32:48 AM »

With only '24,' COURTING ALEX, and CSI: MIAMI with new episodes tonight, I should finally be able to get to that CSI episode from last week. I don't think it's ever taken me this long to get to one of my favorite shows. I guess I just had a busy weekend media-wise.

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2006, 09:33:30 AM »

ALLLLLL the time, DR MBarnum!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2006, 09:34:11 AM »

OK...  I need to stretch my legs for a bit... and maybe watch some TV...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2006, 09:35:31 AM »

Undoubtedly, and I don't even have to be at a job to feel that way. I've got open DVD sets (SUPERMAN, CSI: MIAMI) strewn all over my couch, and it's just easier to let them sit than clear up the mess.

Jason

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2006, 09:36:42 AM »

Sounds like a great trip and a great getaway for you, DR Jason.

DR MattH: Yes...for as badly as I was feeling throughout parts of the weekend, it was good for me to go, and I'm so happy that I got to see and appreciate some of our country's history.

Standing in front of the Declaration of Independence, the cornerstone of our liberty and history, and realizing what people had to go through - and are continuing to go through - to get us where we are today helped open my eyes to the bigger picture and made my problems seem not so big. What really turned me around, though, was standing up against the Washington Monument looking up at the clouds, watching the dark rainclouds break away and seeing bright blue sky peeking through. I felt infinite. That's the only word I can use to describe it. Infinite. It made me feel like everything is going to be OK. I don't know when or how, but it will be.

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2006, 09:37:03 AM »

So sad about Wendy Wasserstein - the New York Times online has a great photo gallery.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »

DR Jason - I'm glad you were able to get away over the weekend and come back somewhat refreshed.  One step at a time...

Jason

« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2006, 09:41:05 AM »

Oooh...the pizza. I may have to go back to DC to see MAME just for the pizza at Matchbox. There are no words. And the fried onion strings. And the miniburgers. And the banana pudding. And the Nips. There are just no words. ;)

I can't believe I forgot to mention that I spent Saturday at the National Zoo and got to see the pandas, including the baby. Other than a slightly upsetting phone conversation with my dad just across from the elephant compound, my day at the Zoo was splendiforous. Again - I have pictures and will post them later.

FJL

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2006, 09:41:47 AM »

Jose - Thanks for the advice.  My computer is a Mac.  Might clearing the cache help on a Mac as well, or only on a PC

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »

Jose - Thanks for the advice.  My computer is a Mac.  Might clearing the cache help on a Mac as well, or only on a PC

DR FJL - Have you tried using the Mac browser, Safari?

FJL

« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2006, 09:46:13 AM »

Does any remember the Saturday early afternoon version of HOLLYWOOD SQUARES called STORYBOOK SQUARES, in which the actors dressed up as Red Riding Hood, Little Bo Peep, etc?  That was must see Tv For me in those days.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2006, 09:46:40 AM »

Oh that is right, DR Jason, you wanted to see the pandas...were they as fun as you had hoped? I too find them fascinating.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2006, 09:48:28 AM »

You may find it interesting (and then again, you may not) to know that some of the exteriors of the lovely Miss Hepburn going into her apartment in Breakfast at Tiffany's were shot at a building my late Uncle Charlie owned.  Likewise with Barefoot in the Park, but why the lovely Miss Hepburn was in those shots remains a complete mystery.   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2006, 09:50:10 AM »

Ginny - Skip has Safari on his computer, and we thought we were hedging our bets by having Safari on one machine and Internet Explorer on the other.  And indeed, when EXplorer was working consistently, if Safari acted up temporarily, Skip could rely on using my computer in that situation.  The Internet Explorer probelm is only within the last few months.

Jason

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2006, 09:55:14 AM »

Oh that is right, DR Jason, you wanted to see the pandas...were they as fun as you had hoped? I too find them fascinating.

The pandas were BEAUTIFUL. They have to keep the male and the female separated (they can only be kept together for short periods of time during mating season), but the baby was with the momma. He's 6 months old now, but he's still very small compared to his mother. One of the most fascinating, if not disgusting, things about the pandas is that they don't really digest their food, so they eat all day and night when they're not sleeping. Basically they poop out everything they've eaten before it's had a chance to digest.

The other exhibit that I spent a lot of time visiting was the cheetah conservation area, where they've recently had 5 cubs, who are now as big as their mother. Sadly, because the Zoo can only care for a certain number of animals, the cubs will eventually be sent to other Zoos, so they had to separate the mother from her cubs to let her get used to being away from them. She paced back and forth next to the fence for hours, looking and crying for her babies. They let her back into the big exhibit with the cubs later in the day, but they're trying to wean the cubs from their mother and this is the best way to do it, I guess. I also found it interesting that the zebra and cheetah exhibits are only separated by a chain link fence, so the cheetah cubs would just lay and stare at the zebra like so much lunch.

Have you ever heard a zebra? It's like a foghorn! You could hear him from across the Zoo. And cheetahs sound like doves, with a high-pitched bleat. They also bark like a high-pitched dog. And then when they meow they sound exactly like a domestic cat. One that could eat your head, but a cat nonetheless. ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 09:57:10 AM by Jason »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2006, 09:57:15 AM »

Photos of DC please.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2006, 09:59:59 AM »

DR MBARNUM after watching MAMBO GIRL last night, I moved on to the neglected CHITRALEKHA starring the lovely Miss Meena Kumari!

Whew!  There is NO Eastman Color left in the ENTIRE world, it was all used up in this movie.  I really really liked it and place it second only to PAKEEZAH.  Of course Meena plays the same kind of character - a dancer-whore....but she is much less sympathetic for most of this movie....stealing another woman's fiance, etc.

HOWEVER her three dancer friends and Mr MehMood are all so funny....and the songs....love the first SONG!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up