Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LATE, LATE SHOW  (Read 55308 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE LATE, LATE SHOW
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2006, 07:04:59 AM »

Oh... A brief update on my cousin...

He's still in the hospital, but they re-ran some more tests, and the diagnosis of colitis is now conclusive.  On the bright side of things, it's bacterial and not ulcerative or pre-cancerous.  They've started him on the anti-biotics, but they're keeping him in the hospital until his lower GI track is clear.  I'm gonna try to get to get back over to visit him today.

Again, Thanks for all the VIBES!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 07:05:27 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2006, 07:05:25 AM »

Yes, DR Jose!  How's your cousin?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2006, 07:06:18 AM »

Yes, DR Jose!  How's your cousin?

Asked and answered.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2006, 07:07:25 AM »

Well, I have a couple of errands to run - including getting my hairs cut! - and then it's back here to get the car packed up for tonight's trip back to NYC!

:)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2006, 07:15:40 AM »

Saturday greetings!  I'm at work and my day is steadily progressing downhill.

DR Danise - I'm sorry about Brandi and hoping that you will please, please, please take care of yourself.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006, 07:16:40 AM »

Danise, I am so very sorry to read about the passing of Brandi. What a horrible shock.  Angel, Nicky, and I send healing vibes to you and to Bear.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~ HEALING VIBES ~~~~~[/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2006, 07:24:34 AM »

Thank you all.  

Poor Bear.  I thought it best to let him see her before I buried her so he would know she had passed and wasn't just "missing".  I don't know if dogs understand such things but that seemed the right thing to do.

To answer your question, DR Elmore.  I seem to be doing ok.  Like I said, I don't think that digging was something I should be doing and I hurt today from it.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2006, 07:33:34 AM »

Danise, I'm so sorry about your dear dog. Sorry for Bear's loss of a best buddy, too. It's a good thing you let him see you bury her. They do know. Please just rest a bit, okay? At least until the pain and swelling go away. Take a day off. Take a nap. You don't really have to do satellite dish errands, do you?
PennyO

Danise

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2006, 07:34:33 AM »

Vibes to DR Jose's cousin and to VixMom for her back!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
Speaking of backs--we're hanging on till Monday morning so I can get Mom to the doctor regarding her back.  She's been in such pain she can't get out of bed this past week.  Even sitting up hurts her.

I honestly think they may have to put her in the hospital this time.

I'm just full of good news, aren't I?   :-\
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 07:36:26 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2006, 07:38:12 AM »

Jane and Keith are in LA for the bridal shower of the daughter of another of the Hamilton High drama class. They have limited time and lotsa folks to visit with, so I'll go to a lunch today, with about 4 or 5 classmates and their spouses. Since I'm having dinner with my sister Tami's soon-to-be-new-family tonight, I'll just have coffee and conversation with Jane and the gang.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 07:39:21 AM »

Cold and raining here in beautiful suburban LA today...
PennyO

Danise

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2006, 07:41:29 AM »

Danise, I'm so sorry about your dear dog. Sorry for Bear's loss of a best buddy, too. It's a good thing you let him see you bury her. They do know. Please just rest a bit, okay? At least until the pain and swelling go away. Take a day off. Take a nap. You don't really have to do satellite dish errands, do you?

I could leave the satellie dish alone until tomorrow and I think that I will.  

Gee, I wish it was a year ago.  It was only about a week from now we were all in NY.   :)

Oh, and I have to tell you all about the weird dream I had last night.  You'll never guess who came to visit me.....................Of all people, John Denver!  

I do like his music but I was never a big fan so it's odd that I would dream of him.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2006, 07:42:36 AM »

Please be sure to tell Jane I said "Hi!" and that I hope she's having a wonderful time!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2006, 07:43:21 AM »

TOD

The Party's Over (Bells Are Ringing)
Our Private World, Sign Lily Sign, She's a Nut, Repent, Mine and all the rest of the songs (On The 2oth Century)
Learn To Be Lonely (A Doll's Life)
Neverland & Distant Melody (Peter Pan)
My Own Morning (Hallujah Baby)
Some Other Time (On the Town)
Conga! (Wonderful Town)
Never stop dreaming.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2006, 07:45:37 AM »

And, hey! I forgot to mention two days ago that I was asked to write the feature article for the next BMI Lehman Engel Music Theater Writers' Workshop newsletter!! The editor wanted something about grant writing, especially creating a budget, since the season of submissions is nigh. So I wrote about how to figure out how much a small Fringe-type production or workshop would cost, gave examples of actual budgets, and talked about the how-to of grant writing and basic fundraising - all in about 12,500 words. I sent it in within 2 days. (well, that was easy, since I just plagiarized my own workbook on making a living from your art...) Anyhow, that was an absorbing task, and very enjoyable to write!
PennyO

Danise

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2006, 07:48:59 AM »

And, hey! I forgot to mention two days ago that I was asked to write the feature article for the next BMI Lehman Engel Music Theater Writers' Workshop newsletter!! The editor wanted something about grant writing, especially creating a budget, since the season of submissions is nigh. So I wrote about how to figure out how much a small Fringe-type production or workshop would cost, gave examples of actual budgets, and talked about the how-to of grant writing and basic fundraising - all in about 12,500 words. I sent it in within 2 days. (well, that was easy, since I just plagiarized my own workbook on making a living from your art...) Anyhow, that was an absorbing task, and very enjoyable to write!

You are so talented!   :)  Elmore too!  I enjoyed reading your notes.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2006, 07:50:57 AM »

Aww, Danise. I'm so sorry to hear about Brandi. What a wonderful home you were for her -- willing to just let her be what she was. She had a good life because of you.

Just take care of yourself. And vibes to your mom, too.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2006, 07:51:57 AM »

Our bird walk was rained out today. Good news, actually.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2006, 07:54:29 AM »

Anyone know off the top of yer head which number was the BIG Judy Kaye song from On The Twentieth Century, which Fearless Leader alluded to in his column this mawnin'?
PennyO

Danise

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2006, 07:58:34 AM »

Aww, Danise. I'm so sorry to hear about Brandi. What a wonderful home you were for her -- willing to just let her be what she was. She had a good life because of you.

Just take care of yourself. And vibes to your mom, too.
Thank you DearReaderLaura.  I take comfort in the thought that someone else would not have put up with the stomach problems she had and either gotten rid of her or had her put down a long time ago.

Since I don't know how old she was, I have to believe it was just her time.  I just wish I could have been with her when it happened.  I would never have left her outside if I  had known that something was wrong.  

She was always in the house when it was a cold night.  I just  knew I had to get up when she asked to go out.  She couldn't help it but that's one of the reasons I was always so tired in the winter time.  
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 07:59:43 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2006, 08:03:33 AM »

DR PennyO - Please say HI to DR Jane for me and tell her she is missed here at HHW!

Also, next month I'm doing a workshop for our local arts consortium called "Grantseeking Basics for Individuals in the Arts."  It's based on material from the Foundation Center, but I'd love to know more about your workbook and the article you just wrote.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2006, 08:03:41 AM »

DR Penny O:

Do you have a favorite tune from A Doll's Life?

I also wanted to add Can You Hear Me Now? which I believe was dropped in the revision of the show.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 08:05:06 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2006, 08:04:14 AM »

DR BK

What is happening with the David Shire and Terry Trotter cds?
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2006, 08:14:41 AM »

Danise - Much sympathy for your loss.  Brandi was lucky during her lifetime to have someone as giving as you.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2006, 08:24:53 AM »

DR Danise, sorry to hear about your loss, and Bear's loss.  Well send peaceful. resting, and cool vibes your way.  Take it easy!  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2006, 08:37:41 AM »

Anyone know off the top of yer head which number was the BIG Judy Kaye song from On The Twentieth Century, which Fearless Leader alluded to in his column this mawnin'?

I believe it was...

NEVER!

-Who knew 6/4 could be such fun?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2006, 08:38:03 AM »

Hi, Michael - yes, whenever I think of Doll's Life, Stay With Me, Nora comes blasting into my head and camps out for DAYS!!! What a beautiful, sweeping melody! For my money, that was the song of the show.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2006, 08:39:35 AM »

Jose - thanks for the info! I'm gonna run out and try to find a copy. I NEED a big song for auditions, and Judy's voice is not terribly unlike mine...
PennyO

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2006, 08:42:23 AM »

Good Morning!  (Once again)

Back from running an errand or two and getting my hair cut.  Ah!  I was about a week and a half over due for getting my hair cut, and it was great to walk in to the barber shop and find that there was no wait for the woman who normally cuts my hair.  Guess it was meant to be!

And now I need to wash out my hair, or I'll be itching to high heaven the rest of the day.  Then I need to take a couple of minutes - well, maybe an hour - to sort out exactly what I want to bring back up to NYC this trip.  And then I'd like to make a Trader Joe's run, maybe even a Whole Foods stop... Oh, lunch would be good too... And then over to the hospital to check in on my cousin... And then I'll be heading back up to NYC later today...

Guess I better get my butt cheeks - my continuing to get smaller butt cheeks! - in gear...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2006, 08:50:03 AM »

DR PennyO - Please say HI to DR Jane for me and tell her she is missed here at HHW!

Also, next month I'm doing a workshop for our local arts consortium called "Grantseeking Basics for Individuals in the Arts."  It's based on material from the Foundation Center, but I'd love to know more about your workbook and the article you just wrote.

Okay - the article was based on some of the material in Part 3 of my "Artist's Way"-type workbook: ART AS LIFEWORK, LIFE AS ARTWORK
which I have been doing in workshops for the past 15 years.

I have done it in a series of 3-hours, once a week for 12-week sessions, which work really well. But I also have a great Mini-series: Three 3-hour sessions - within a one-week time period. This is the one I've done most often - it's WAY easier to get grants for it!

The program is for artists in every medium - musicians, singers, dancers, actors, writers; blocked/burned-out professionals, amateurs, hobbyists, students considering an arts career, senior citizens who always meant to do it and never did, arts teachers, parents of artist-children, civilians seeking holistic self-expression.

Part 1 -" GET INSPIRED"
Whole-brain creative process, elimination of blocks, uncovering of innate abilities, rediscovery of joy, etc.

Part 2 - "GET TO WORK"
Step-by-step approach to the discipline of creative expression, slowing down time, controlled surrender, the magic of manifestation.

Part 3 - "GET THE MONEY"
Yes, you CAN earn a living at it. Mining for gold. The "Art-Business" as a business. Arts markets, your private or group studio, scholarships, grant-writing, corporate sponsorship.

I do single-day 3-hour seminars - the last one was for a writing workshop for seniors for the annual Write Out Loud literary arts festival last year in Redmond, WA. And I do consulting on this stuff for a couple of Arts Commissions.

I also do Private Consultations by appointment. It's basically coaching. For a ninety-minute session I charge between $75-100. Part of how i earn a living in an Artist's Life!!!

email me at Malibran@aol.com, and I'll send you some stuff - if you'd like it tailored for your group, I can do that!!!
PennyO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up