Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I MUST DANCE!  (Read 9452 times)

td

• td
Re: I MUST DANCE!
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »

The highlight of my day was a telephone caller to work asking for PHANTOM OF THE OPERA starring Javier Bardem.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »

DR Jane - I'm so impressed that Keith was able to function after his procedure and glad it went well with a good outcome.

This is the first time he was even tired after.  Once we sat down for lunch he was fine & said he could go to the gym.  Of course he wasn't permitted exercise or to drive.  I like to go home for a nap. 

Sherlock was cute and took us into one of the stores we frequent.  Keith treated himself to a new summer hat.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2010, 05:11:27 PM »

Ouch DR elmore!!!!  Are you done with the teeth pulling?

FJL

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »

Teeth vibes to Larry!

FJL

« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »

Job vibes to Kevin H

Laura

« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2010, 05:32:58 PM »

I'm sorry you feel crappy, Elmore. I hope you are sleeping well now.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2010, 05:35:42 PM »

Jane, with the exception of the two black kittens and one black/white, this is the most interestingly-marked litter of kittens we have ever had.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2010, 05:42:09 PM »

I will be getting partial plates from the dental clinic, and today I had another tooth extracted to facilitate the procedure. When my mother was about my age, she had nearly every tooth in her head pulled for plates. While i'd rather keep what i have, 20 years of no dental insurance and congenitally missing teeth because of my Appalachian white trash background have made the plates a necessary evil and I hope i come to love them.

While the pain is not so excruciating as the last extraction in July, it is still painful, and I'm just uncomfortable enough to be unhappy about it. I just took two Tylenol with codeine and a Tylenol PM. As soon as I know the VCR is taping SOUTH PACIFIC, I am turning off the lights and passing out. I have to be up tomorrow morning at 6:30 for the McGlinnventory, and I want to get plenty of rest tonight.

~~~Continued Teeth Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »

Thanks to all for the job vibes. I've already applied to two positions this morning. They just keep going out.

~~~Continued Job Vibes for DR John G.!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2010, 06:08:29 PM »

Back from a nice lunch meeting, and must now jog.  It's a none-too-comfortable 78 degrees in the home environment, so I'll put on the air whilst I'm jogging and by the time I return it shall be nice and cool and also cool and nice.  Now, someone get me off this damn page.

George

« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2010, 06:21:31 PM »

Gratuitous Post #100!

George

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »

That helped...a bit. ::)

George

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »

;)

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2010, 06:29:01 PM »

Vibes for DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »

Jane, with the exception of the two black kittens and one black/white, this is the most interestingly-marked litter of kittens we have ever had.

Basic black & white, yet with such interesting patterns. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »

Hmmm - will THIS be our lowest posting day in the history of this board?

Jane

« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2010, 08:03:56 PM »

Everybody must have been watching SOUTH PACIFIC.  I had some quibbles with the TV direction.

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »

Dance Movies.....

I of course love THE RED SHOES and there is a contemporary dance movie called THE COMPANY that is most interesting and entertaining with some fine dancing in it.  It is from director Robert Altman and stars Neve Campbell & James Franco.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335013/
Really fine movie. I liked Roger Ebert's comment that it actually seems to want to be a silent movie. There's little dialogue and little of what's there adds anything to the story of watching the dancers rehearse and perform.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »

Kittens:

Arnold:

Vixter:

Penny:

Jack:

John:

Kevin:

Druxy:

What wonderful, inquisitive-looking critters!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »

I will be getting partial plates from the dental clinic, and today I had another tooth extracted to facilitate the procedure. When my mother was about my age, she had nearly every tooth in her head pulled for plates. While i'd rather keep what i have, 20 years of no dental insurance and congenitally missing teeth because of my Appalachian white trash background have made the plates a necessary evil and I hope i come to love them.

While the pain is not so excruciating as the last extraction in July, it is still painful, and I'm just uncomfortable enough to be unhappy about it. I just took two Tylenol with codeine and a Tylenol PM. As soon as I know the VCR is taping SOUTH PACIFIC, I am turning off the lights and passing out. I have to be up tomorrow morning at 6:30 for the McGlinnventory, and I want to get plenty of rest tonight.
Sleep peaceful and healing vibes for all your dental needs.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »

I forgot "South Pacific" was on. Hopefully, a DVD will be released. I watched "The Messenger" instead and, despite excellent performances, I am now thoroughly depressed. I know which job I don't want.
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »

Hi, all, we have arrived back home.  What a crazy summer!  I now have four whole days to myself (well, with the family, too) without driving anywhere.  :)

BK, did you ever post the link to the German site with the Psycho edits?  I can't find it anywhere.  Also, I'm assuming you got my message about John LaGatta, who at this point is the artist I think I'm thinking of.  :)

It was faboo to see the sweet and lovely DR Jane at Lithia Park in Ashland, and good news about Keith!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »

The highlight of my day was a telephone caller to work asking for PHANTOM OF THE OPERA starring Javier Bardem.

. . .as Christine.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »

I think if you broke your arm you'd know it. I knew it. Boy, did I know it.

It hurt like a you know what right when I did it. Icing it down made a difference.  It's sor today, but definitely not broken.  If it was I wouldn't have been able to lift, type and do all the other things I've had to do today

JMK

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »

Druxy, I arrived home to a little sheet music purchase:  a certain Academy Award nominated song some PR guru pulled a phone stunt with to get a nomination.  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:11 PM »

LOVE THE KITTIES!!!! They are so cute

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:36 PM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Good sleeping last night with our windows open.  Today we're going to Kenwood Towne Center for my Vera visit and then come home to rest and enjoy SOUTH PACIFIC on PBS.

I keep forgetting about SOUTH PACIFIC.  I wonder why the 8:30 start time?

10PM here. Is this really live or a re-run?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Laura

« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2010, 08:33:15 PM »

All the boys plus Mama are going to the clinic tomorrow.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2010, 08:34:56 PM »

Dance Movies.....

I of course love THE RED SHOES and there is a contemporary dance movie called THE COMPANY that is most interesting and entertaining with some fine dancing in it.  It is from director Robert Altman and stars Neve Campbell & James Franco.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335013/

With music by Van Dyke Parks!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up