Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM  (Read 36264 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2008, 11:39:37 AM »

MBarnum, I hope that is the last you hear of the bullies!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2008, 11:44:42 AM »

Isn't it...

Early to bed and early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise?

A friend of my parents had a plaque that read:

Early to bed, early to rise
Fish like hell and make up lies!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2008, 11:57:16 AM »

;D  But do they ACT like sisters now, offstage as well as onstage?

Congratulations on a successful opening night!  

I'm sure that they knew each other before they came out from New York, so yes, they do act like sisters. :)

And thanks!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2008, 11:57:52 AM »

Early to bed, early to rise

Wouldn't it be great if they made an alarm clock where the alarm was Elaine Stritch's voice singing "RISE.....RISE.....RISE.....RISE"?   :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 11:59:27 AM by singdaw »

George

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if they made an alarm clock where the alarm was Elaine Stritch's voice singing "RISE.....RISE.....RISE.....RISE"?   :)

I can create my own ringtones for my cell phone, which also has an alarm clock on it, for which I can choose which ringtone to use as the "alarm."  I could actually do that!! ;D

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:00:30 PM by George »

George

« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2008, 12:00:51 PM »

Friday is a work day - oh well.

TOD:

DVD - The Brain That Wouldn't Die, not to be confused with The THING That Wouldn't Die, except that both of them wouldn't die - at least until the ends of their respective movies.

CD - A Night at the Opera recommended by DR ELMORE

Friday is a work day - oh well.

TOD:

DVD - The Brain That Wouldn't Die, not to be confused with The THING That Wouldn't Die, except that both of them wouldn't die - at least until the ends of their respective movies.

CD - A Night at the Opera recommended by DR ELMORE

Is there an echo in the house??

;)

singdaw

« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2008, 12:01:07 PM »

I could actually do that!! ;D

But on second thought...

Would you really want to?    ;)

singdaw

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2008, 12:02:32 PM »

Is there an echo in the house??

There is indeed!   ...indeed...        ...indeed...       ...indeed...

singdaw

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2008, 12:03:48 PM »

I used to love Carol Burnett's recurring sketch about Tim Conway's "Hollow Hero."  :)

George

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »

In other news... Did anyone catch the story about the woman who had been stuck to a toilet seat for almost two years?!?!?  When I saw the headline in the paper, I laughed a bit, but once I read the story, it was not so funny.

I'd read something that said that she was probably there for only a month or so, but still.... :-\

George

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2008, 12:06:51 PM »

But on second thought...

Would you really want to?    ;)

Well...there is that. :)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »

George-

Congrats !  Congrats !

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2008, 12:52:31 PM »

LOST SPOILERS

Again, more typing and typing just to hide the possible spoilers - and, frankly, I really do think this is getting out of hand.  in any case, I still think jin is really dead.  As for the date of the crash being on the grave, I bet that was part of whatever deal is in the works, however, I still think he's dead. but who knows, maybe he isn't. with the various twists and turns, it could turn out that everyone is still alive, and who knows, maybe some of the previous episodes had moments of flash forwards and backwards that were well hidden and that we don't know about yet. and since the factor of time travel or at least displacement has been introduced already, maybe people went back and saved themselves in a sense.  again, it's can just be too much to think about it, so I'm just going to let it happen. and that's the end of my possible spoiler hmm i wonder if we should all start posting like proust would wasnt it proust who originall published a remembrance of things past without any punctuation i could be wrong in any case i think thats enough padding for now

fdjfl jlfjdlf kjlfdjd klj ljfdf kljdf jd klfjdlfjdlfj dlfj dlfjldfjdl klj lkjdfld kljfkljdlf jdlfj kljfld
re: jin, i think we were supposed to think he was dead after realizing he was in a flashback and not with sun. I don't think most people would know the date of the actual oceanic crash. And i don't know that most people would read the date at the end. So to me we were supposed to be devastated (as i was).

fdjfkl ljdlfjd lkjdlfj dlkjdlfjd lfj kljdfl jdfl jdfljd lfkjdlf jdlfj dlfj dlfj dlfjdlf kljlk dfjld
But as for whether he is on the island or whether he died. To me it seems clean that there are still people on the island (who island have to or want to stay there). And that kate/jack et al made up a story that they are all dead. To me this fits with jin. Yes it's possible he died at some point on the island. But to me the fact that they said he died on the date the plane crashed really implies that he is still out there.
yuiy uiyiuydfdf iyiyfidf iuyidfyid iuyiyfidf iyidfyid iuyifydf iyiufydfid  iyfidyf diyfidyfid

hldfd lkjfdjdl kljdlfj lkfjldj ljklfdjd lkjlfjdf lkjdlfj dkljfkljdl fj lkjfdljd lfjd fkljd fljdlf
And as for DR JMK's comment that he thought that jack and kate (where jack was in trouble at the airport) being before he got himself together. I assumed that scene was after the court stuff. I thought he was together in the beginning and then lost it (hence the court came before the airport).
^76987v 987fdf98797f9d7 997f9d7f9d7f 987987f 979f79d8 979f7d98f7d 9f

end of spoilers.

Jennifer

« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2008, 12:59:11 PM »

One more LOST SPOILAGE POST.

don't read if you don't want to know.

jlkfjdl ljlfj dljf lkjdfljd fljdfldjf djfldjf dlfjdl fdljfdlfjd fjdlfjdlfj dfjdljdlfjd f
RE: DR RonP's question about who the "him" was in kate's airport scene. I think we were supposed to think it was maybe sawyer or a lover. But now i totally think it is the baby. But then again she could be working for ben or someone else. But my gut when we saw the baby episode was that was who she meant.
fjdkflj jdfldjfld fklj jdfldjf dfkljdlfjd fjldf dlfjdl fdljf dlfjldfjdl fjdl fjdlfj

jdlfjdl fjdlfjd lkj fjdfl jkl jfl jfkld fjdfdl jfldfj jdf djfdjfdjf dfjd lfjdl fjldjfl
And re: jin leaving sun behind. Obviously he would never want to do this. But obviously there was an urgent need to get her off the island. And maybe ben or someone else found a way to get sun off. But it was not possible for jin to go too. I think that we were supposed to think sun was crying for her dead husband. BUt i do think that if she knew she had the baby and that she would never see him again, that she would bawl like that too. Plus it's only tv so really she could have any reaction they tell her to have.
jlfkjd flkjd fljdlf jddl fjldfj dfjld fjdfjldfj dlfjdlfjdlfj dfjdlfj lkjl fjdlfjdlfj

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2008, 01:04:45 PM »

I don't know if anyone likes general tso's chicken. Or has tried to make it themselves. But i found a very interesting recipe and tried it last night. and it was very good.

I actually had to change it a tiny bit. I did not have fresh ginger. So i used ground ginger. I also don't really like shallots in my general tso's. So i didn't use that. Plus i did not have the peppers. I think that would help give it flavor (but i wouldn't eat them).

And i didn't deep fry it per se. I just put a bunch of oil in a wok and let each piece get crispy.

I'll post the recipe in a minute i'm just finding it.

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2008, 01:07:01 PM »

Chinese Imperial Palace General Tso's Chicken

http://www.copykat.com/component/option,com_rapidrecipe/Itemid,28/page,viewrecipe/recipe_id,1011/

Description This tops most Chinese restaurants. I actually refuse to order this anymore, this is highly superior.
Ingredients
At a glance
Course
Poultry
Difficulty
Advanced Cooking
Source
Copykat RecipeMake sauce and refrigerate until needed:
1/2 C. Cornstarch
1/4 C. Water
1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh Garlic
1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh Ginger
3/4 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Soy Sauce
1/4 C. White Vinegar
1/4 C. Sherry (I have used a white wine before as well)
1 can condensed Chicken Broth
Methods/steps
Put everything into a quart jar with a lid and shake it up, then put in the fridge. Just shake it up again when you are ready to use it.

Meat
3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken, cut into chunks
1/4 C. Soy Sauce
1 egg, beaten
1 C. Cornstarch
2 C. sliced Green Onions
8 small dried Hot Peppers, seeds removed (Get these the produce section in a grocery store)

Mix chicken, soy sauce, and hot peppers. Stir in egg. Add cornstarch, and mix until chicken pieces are coated. (It will look awful at this point.) Deep fry 7 or 8 chicken pieces at a time in a 350 degree oil until chicken pieces are crispy. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all chicken chunks are fried.

Place a small amount of oil (1 Tbsp.) in wok, and heat to 400 degrees. Add onions, peppers (reusing them at this point..), and stir fry about 30 seconds. Stir sauce mixture, and then add to wok. Cook until thick. If it gets too thick, add water to right consistency. Add chicken to sauce in wok, and cook until all is hot and bubbly.
Serve with fried or steamed rice.

This does not reheat well, so eat in one sitting

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2008, 01:08:20 PM »

Top recipes:

http://www.copykat.com/copykat-recipes/copykat-recipes/top-rated-recipes.html

I actually really like the olive garden salad dressing one as well.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2008, 01:19:34 PM »

What a lovely pre-spring day it was. I walked around the shopping center just enjoying the fresh air and sunshine (with it being hot at all).

The clouds have moved in now, and I suppose we will get that rain later tonight. But at least it was pretty when I was out running my errands.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »

I watched SMALLVILLE while I cooked and ate lunch. It featured the return of one of my least favorite characters from the early years of the show's run - Clark's friend Pete. And my estimation of him did not improve with this episode. Thankfully, it was a one-shot deal, and he won't return as a regular character. At least not this season. With the show potentially losing a couple of regulars when it returns next year, who knows who might return in next year's version.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »

For the remainder of the afternoon, I've been watching all of the supplements on the second disc of the SWEENEY TODD 2-disc set. Very complete set of features with every aspect (except the CGI London) covered. Even a pretty lengthy featurette on how they worked the razor/slashing effects.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2008, 01:26:24 PM »

The most disappointing of the features was the one called "Sondheim's SWEENEY TODD." I was hoping we might get some film clips from the original Broadway production, but there were only a few stills. It's actually one of the shortest of the featurettes on the second disc.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2008, 01:28:51 PM »

Tonight I'll watch the feature itself. Since the HD-DVD release was canceled, this will be the only DVD version of SWEENEY in release for the foreseeable future. Once Paramount/Dreamworks begins releasing on Blu-ray again, I'm not sure SWEENEY TODD will be among the films first in line for a Blu-ray release.

I'm eager to see how the film translates to standard definition DVD.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2008, 01:37:55 PM »

Larry - It does look like Maureen can get you and Skip house seats for GLASS MENAGERIE.  Skip wants to go on a matinee.  Does Sunday April 13 matinee at 3 p.m. sound like a possibility?  (It's an 80-minute train trip to Red Bank, by the way, but the theater is two short blocks from the train station once you're in red Bank.)

Yep! April 13 looks good.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2008, 01:39:59 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from lunch, and still thinking and wondering about making some cookies. Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2008, 01:42:07 PM »

This isn't really a LOST spoiler, but just to be on the safe side, don't read it under any circumstances anyway.

I love the show, including all of the twists and turns, but I do find it extremely difficult to believe that the writers will be able to explain everything they've concocted by the end of the series to everybody's satisfaction. Smoke monsters, Hugo's magical lottery numbers (why were they written on the hatch?), Walt's / Hugo's supernatural powers, polar bears, people coming back from the dead, pregnant moms mysteriously dying, Desmond time traveling, people faking the plane's discovery...there's simply wayyyy too much stuff to explain away. I strongly suspect they've written themselves into a corner. What do you think?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2008, 01:42:16 PM »

Great?  No way.  I'd pound it into little pieces....or, I'd mail it to you so you could get a double dose of "Rise.....Rise.....Rise.....Rise!"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2008, 01:42:55 PM »

And, yes, it's quite a nice day outside, although it has started to cloud up a bit.  I think they're still calling for some light rain later on.  We shall see.

While walking around the Upper West Side before and after lunch, I happened to see all the scaffolding and "barriers" set up on the Lincoln Center Plaza. I'm wondering if it looks like a maze from up above. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2008, 01:55:06 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from lunch, and still thinking and wondering about making some cookies. Hmm...

Why not walk to Levain?  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2008, 01:56:43 PM »

Great?  No way.  I'd pound it into little pieces....or, I'd mail it to you so you could get a double dose of "Rise.....Rise.....Rise.....Rise!"

Although, in the spirit of 3/14...

"Pies!...  Pies!... Pies!... Pies!... Pies! Pies! Pies! Pies! Pies!!!!!!!!!!"

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2008, 01:59:47 PM »

Things I think I want to know:

Hey DR George:  Did you see my question yesterday about your having seen "Jumbo"?

And, since it was proposed here, were you able to ask your friend about DR TCB's step son?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up