Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHINESE FOOD CAPER  (Read 24217 times)

FJL

Re:THE CHINESE FOOD CAPER
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2006, 02:59:37 PM »

Dan - I don't mean to question how great your place of business is, because i'm sure you and your co-workers must love it, but maybe someone in your human resources area possibly needs to look at what's being told to people about the job vs. what the person actually found when he got there.   I've had at least two jobs in my life where I knew on the very first day that the fit was no good, and I'd wished I had either the guts or at the time the financial security to just call up and say sorry this isn't working out.  But I stayed a while, one of those times to my detriment when the time finally came to leave, because had I left on the first day, my old job would still have been open and they would have welcomed me back with open arms (as they did several months and much tsuris on the "new" job later).  I just wonder if the job that person was promised was not what he found, the wonderful lunch notwithstanding.  :)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2006, 03:00:56 PM »

And indeed! A Happy Birthday to the world-traveling bon vivant, BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2006, 03:09:18 PM »

For those seeking a new kind of diet to lose unwanted pounds, may I recommend the flu?

MBarnum

« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2006, 03:12:19 PM »

Sounds like somebody didn't get his  flu shot this year!

MBarnum

« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2006, 03:16:48 PM »

My good buddy Dave who lives in Seattle is sending me a compilation CD (music of his choosing) each month during the year 2006...I received January's CD yesterday and am enjoying it as I speak.

This one has sort of an Oriental/Eastern European theme to it...Right now is the  song JAPANESE SANDMAN by Frank Chacksfield and his Orchestra (1957). Next is NIGHT-TIME IN OLD SHANGHAI by Whitey Smith's Majestic Hotel Orchestra (c. 1928)....I am loving it!

I am bound to find some new favorite orchestras and singers this year thanks to Dave!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 03:17:39 PM by MBarnum »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2006, 03:20:03 PM »

Rodzinski, reporting for duty. A spare moment to say "hiya folks." I am doing much better today.

Have you been sick "again"?  Or has it just been toying with you and stringing you along all this time?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 03:24:26 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2006, 03:26:15 PM »

Sounds like somebody didn't get his  flu shot this year!

That's the joke of it. I totally DID get a flu shot. For the first time in a couple years. Well, it didn't work.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2006, 03:28:04 PM »

Ron, this was something totally new. A bolt out of the blue.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

Today in the mail I received the Frances Farmer film EBB TIDE from our own JMK.

François de Paris

« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2006, 03:31:05 PM »

Happy Birthday wishes to DR Iris and Radio Star Ben!

Saw a VERY powerful film yesterday THE KING ( With Mr Bernal, of Bad Education fame! he was on the screen!!) and I recommend it!
Definitely NOT a traditional Hollywood film!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396688/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 03:36:32 PM by François »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2006, 03:52:19 PM »

Did anyone here see the French film Irreversible?  I was reading about it last night and it sounds like one of the most disgusting films ever made.

I wrote three pages of the new short story, I typed up all my editing and time code notes, and typed up our first attempt at the Linda Purl order.  

FJL

« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2006, 03:55:56 PM »

My 1200th post.  

Like a bat-mitzvah, only 100 times  better.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2006, 04:08:36 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Ben

Happy Birthday DR Iris

I hope you both have a splendid day
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

Good Morning!

Sounds fun, eh?

;)

Sound Canadian to me also... I hear 'eh' alot where I am from...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »

Ron, this was something totally new. A bolt out of the blue.

Does TPunk generally acquire these delightful viruses after they've run their course with you?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2006, 04:13:33 PM »

;D
I am pretty proud of myself that I can actually ask that question and know what it means!  ;)

I can not actually prepare a powerpoint presentatin, that is something my 12 year old daughter is doing for a school project.  

She is doing a project entitled "Music of the American Revolution" and is showing how the lyrics were used as propaganda by the different sides, using the same tunes and rewriting the lyrics.

She has found some "ree and legally downloadable MIDI files"on line for  "Yankee Doodle", "Heart of Oak" and "Nancy Dawson" and wants to import them into the slides where the lyrics for each song will be shown.

Last night she how to do it and I just looked at her blankly.

Another neat song from that era Vixmom is Barbara Allen. One song that I like Froggy went a-courtin'

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2006, 04:16:46 PM »

Didn't know they had a Todai in WLA.  I must go to the one near me - haven't been there in ages.

What is Todai??

Also continued broken leg vibes for Deceit...

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2006, 04:18:31 PM »

Thanks, everyone, for your most appreciated birthday greetings!

I've been busy with volunteer work at various film festivals. Last week I worked the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. Had a chance to take in some very interesting movies--one of which terrified me and I wish I had not seen. Titled "Right At Your Door", it details multiple terrorist attacks on Los Angeles.  I enjoyed "Little Miss Sunshine", "Friends With Money", and "Stephanie Daley".

Tonight I'm working the opening film at the Santa Barbara Film Festival. It's a World Premiere, "Ask The Dust", based on the novel by John Fante. The director is Robert Towne, the Academy Award winner for writing the screenplay for the film "Chinatown". He is attending this evening, along with stars Colin Farrell, Salma Hayek, and Donald Sutherland.

Afterwards, I intend to celebrate with a large piece of chocolate cake topped with peppermint ice cream, my favorite.

Thank you again, all you Hainsies and Kimlets, for the kind birthday wishes!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2006, 04:18:31 PM »

Yesterday, Todai, and Tomorrow

LOL Cute Jrand, Cute

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2006, 04:24:07 PM »

Re: Commander and Chief

I don't watch it, but I heard ABC will show new episodes all February for Feb sweeps. But it will be on hiatus all of March. And it will return in the spring for the last episodes.  I'm sort of surprised since it has gotten good reviews and Gina Davis just won the Golden Globe for the show.

I am also disappointed that the show will not be renewed. I rather enjoyed it.

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2006, 04:26:52 PM »

DakotaCelt--

Todai is an upscale all-you-can-eat Japanese seafood buffet restaurant, with 40 types of sushi as well as hot buffet items.
They have several locations in California, and other restaurants all over the U.S.--and they plan to open one in New York City soon.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »

Last night's VERONICA MARS was also entertaining with some nice surprises. I was fooled.

I have never heard of this show. I am curious....

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »

It's featured in a song from the Broadway musical THE ROAR OF THE GREASEPAINT, THE SMELL OF THE CROWD--

On a wonderful day like Todai,
I defy any cloud to appear in the sky,
Dare any raindrop to plop in my eye,
On a wonderful day like Todai..............

François de Paris

« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2006, 04:30:19 PM »

Did anyone here see the French film Irreversible?  I was reading about it last night and it sounds like one of the most disgusting films ever made.

I wrote three pages of the new short story, I typed up all my editing and time code notes, and typed up our first attempt at the Linda Purl order.  

Gee! I do hope that my post did not prompt you to mention that 2002 French film!

I swear I have nothing to do with that movie! Honest! I never saw it either!
Mr Vincent Cassel, son of Jean-Pierre Cassel, seems to have a tendency to play weird characters; actually, he's in a new film, he's also producing, that has just been released yesterday and that deals with some sick plot too!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2006, 04:37:38 PM »

Thanks, everyone, for your most appreciated birthday greetings!

I've been busy with volunteer work at various film festivals. Last week I worked the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. Had a chance to take in some very interesting movies--one of which terrified me and I wish I had not seen. Titled "Right At Your Door", it details multiple terrorist attacks on Los Angeles.  I enjoyed "Little Miss Sunshine", "Friends With Money", and "Stephanie Daley".

Tonight I'm working the opening film at the Santa Barbara Film Festival. It's a World Premiere, "Ask The Dust", based on the novel by John Fante. The director is Robert Towne, the Academy Award winner for writing the screenplay for the film "Chinatown". He is attending this evening, along with stars Colin Farrell, Salma Hayek, and Donald Sutherland.

Afterwards, I intend to celebrate with a large piece of chocolate cake topped with peppermint ice cream, my favorite.

Thank you again, all you Hainsies and Kimlets, for the kind birthday wishes!

DR Iris, sounds like an entertaining evening.... Have fun!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2006, 04:39:05 PM »

DakotaCelt--

Todai is an upscale all-you-can-eat Japanese seafood buffet restaurant, with 40 types of sushi as well as hot buffet items.
They have several locations in California, and other restaurants all over the U.S.--and they plan to open one in New York City soon.

ON the same par of Ichiban's up in Winnepeg... Cool - I tried sushi for the first time last spring. A korean/Japanese restaurant just opened here...

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2006, 04:56:56 PM »

And pierced ears replugged.

That's a cue!!!  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2006, 05:32:58 PM »

Oscar nominated song from "The Life & Times of Judge Roy Bean" - Jarre/Bergman and Bergman 1972

Why would anyone ask a musical question when Tomovoz is in the room?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2006, 05:51:05 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR BEN - friend of Oscar Wilde and radio bon vivant!

Friend of Oscar Wilde?  Exactly how old are you, Ben???

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2006, 06:08:22 PM »

Happy Birthday, Groundhogs Ben and iris!!!

Also natal day of my dear Ex, The Chuckster! I will take him out to lunch at Todai today - one of his favorite jernts...

If he has as good a body as you say he does, PennyO, I would be happy to buy him dinner!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up