Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT EXPLAINS THAT  (Read 22156 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THAT EXPLAINS THAT
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2006, 01:50:30 PM »

Then came LAW & ORDER: SVU with a disturbing story of teen rape and murder. A great many promos trumpeted Susan Saint James' return to TV as a defense attorney, but her role was really negligible! I was shocked how little she had to do. Barry Bostwick pretty much carried the ball for the defense in the trial scenes.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2006, 01:52:36 PM »

Perhaps someone who has a met a number of the HHW crowd could suggest a complete Kimlet cast to play "A Little Night Music". (or alternative).

Larry?  Jose?

If Larry picks, I bet I'd get to be the director's assistant  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2006, 01:52:48 PM »

Page Six Pink Elephant Dance!!!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 01:53:24 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2006, 01:55:29 PM »

And I finished up with a few minutes of THE SINGING NUN which was shown this morning on TCM. I saw this movie at Radio City Music Hall I believe when we came to New York for the World's Fair, and despite its being trite and throughly predictable, the songs are so lovely even with their new English lyrics that I've just always loved it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2006, 01:58:27 PM »

I've always wanted to play C.C. Baxter in Promises, Promises.

I've done the layback, I've delivered to Disney, and I've invoiced.  The CD master for the STAGE benefit recording is at the pressing plant and the booklet stuff should be there in the morning and we seem to be on track.  They are asking me to take producer credit and I'm of mixed feelings about that, since I didn't actually make the recording.  However, since it's "live" there really isn't anything to producing the "live" part of it - the producing is in post-production and the mix, which is what I've done.  What think you?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2006, 02:07:41 PM »

No such credit as Post Producer?

Make one.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2006, 02:19:06 PM »

bk or anyone for that matter....  if you could perform any part in any musical irrespective of your age, looks or sex  (we'll assume you are perfect for the part!)... what would it be?

Sandy in Grease

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2006, 02:30:55 PM »

Perhaps someone who has a met a number of the HHW crowd could suggest a complete Kimlet cast to play "A Little Night Music". (or alternative).

Larry?  Jose?

Well...

DR elmore would undoubtedly be cast as Madame Armfeldt.  -And I'm sure "Liaisons" would end up like a method-acting exercise for him too.

;D

But, of course, I would have to be Petra then.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »

BK - What if the credit for the STAGE benefit album were "Album produced by Bruce Kimmel" and you also took co-credit for the mixing?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2006, 02:34:12 PM »

From Cillaliz:

You mean....
There was a little girl
who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead
when she was good
she was very very good,
when she was bad, she was popular.

LOL, no not that one.  My grandmother, very much so. ;D  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2006, 02:34:42 PM »

I've always wanted to play C.C. Baxter in Promises, Promises.

I've done the layback, I've delivered to Disney, and I've invoiced.  The CD master for the STAGE benefit recording is at the pressing plant and the booklet stuff should be there in the morning and we seem to be on track.  They are asking me to take producer credit and I'm of mixed feelings about that, since I didn't actually make the recording.  However, since it's "live" there really isn't anything to producing the "live" part of it - the producing is in post-production and the mix, which is what I've done.  What think you?

how about Editing Producer....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I'm done puttering about my apartment.  Got a lot of stuff put away.  Got some stuff organized.  Set aside some stuff for organizing.  Cleaned the bathroom. Vacuumed the rug...

Wait a minute?  I'm cleaning before I head out of town for a few days?!?!?

::)

In any case...

Time for me to gather the stuff that I'll be taking back down with me... I hope to be on the road by 7:00.  So...

-Alas, I will miss the snow here tomorrow in NYC... But with the warmer temps down south, I can go for a run.  A long overdue run.

Until Fairfax...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2006, 02:35:49 PM »

Dan -  Does that poem continue with "At this performance, Cheetah will be played by Reetah Moreno"

Jane

« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KURT![/size]

Jane

« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2006, 02:38:22 PM »

DakotCelt glad you are improving.

Feel better TCB

Penny, not your car!

FJL

« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2006, 02:38:32 PM »

Remember that parody song

Nothing could be sweetah
Than to snuggle up with Cheetah
In the morning

There was also:

Nothing's more unnerving
Than to wake up next to Irving
In the morning

But I digress....  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2006, 02:39:07 PM »

Well...

DR elmore would undoubtedly be cast as Madame Armfeldt.  -And I'm sure "Liaisons" would end up like a method-acting exercise for him too.

;D

But, of course, I would have to be Petra then.

;D

Ever the maid!  You'd be a good Sabina too.  Yes, DR Ginny, you can assist, but I'm afraid my casting would be too cruel and too many divas would be unhappy with their parts.

Can any DR help me with a question?  What's the difference between a DVD-R and a DVD+R?  Oy!  I miss my wind-up gramophone.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2006, 02:41:34 PM »

Joy, bridesmaid dresses sure have improved. :D When I was looking the fall and winter ones were nice but I didn’t like any of the spring dresses, or if I did find one I liked I couldn’t find enough of them.  My intention was to carry a pink rose bouquet so my bridesmaid’s dresses were pink.  I could have gone with any color since they made me carry the traditional white bouquet.  Well it was 36 years ago.  
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 02:42:10 PM by Jane »

FJL

« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2006, 02:43:55 PM »

Re LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC casting - Does anyone here on HHW have a PhD?  Given Petra's vocabulary, one would have to at least be Phi Beta Kappa to do justice to "Miller's Son"  :)

FJL

« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2006, 02:49:09 PM »

I'd love to play Martha Wash in the upcoming musical bio of Paul Jabara.  

Or maybe Edna in HAIRSPRAY at some tucked-away community theater someday, since I fear that I'll never get another chance to recreate my Lucy in the Camp Loyaltown YOU'RE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN.

:)

Jane

« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2006, 02:50:12 PM »

From Matt H:
MEDIUM had another off the cuff episode that I thought I had figured out. The killer was who I suspected but the motive was not at all what I was expecting.

We found the episode rather ridiculous, full of holes and impossibilities.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2006, 02:51:33 PM »

Re LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC casting - Does anyone here on HHW have a PhD?  Given Petra's vocabulary, one would have to at least be Phi Beta Kappa to do justice to "Miller's Son"  :)

I've always thought, since first hearing the song, that the song was too smart for the singer to know all that.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

Jane - "Ridiculous, full of holes and impossibilities" - sounds like most of the dates I had in my single days.  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2006, 02:58:19 PM »

DVD-R and DVD+R differ in the way the data is encoded onto the disc when recording. I can't give specifics of the encoding process, but though most new players can play both types, DVD-R is more compatible with a wider array of players old and new.

Not every DVD recorder can record both types (or the other types either).

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2006, 03:01:15 PM »

From Matt H:We found the episode rather ridiculous, full of holes and impossibilities.  

The information that Allison and Joe had had a male child who didn't live was a fascinating new piece of information. The show's murder plot, however, was not its finest hour.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »

Off to get some chores done and then another full evening of TV commences.

WBBL.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2006, 03:13:07 PM »

DVD-R and DVD+R differ in the way the data is encoded onto the disc when recording. I can't give specifics of the encoding process, but though most new players can play both types, DVD-R is more compatible with a wider array of players old and new.

Not every DVD recorder can record both types (or the other types either).

Thank you!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »

What we really want is just a replacement for the disc that's not working...  I am not sure if the Costco's here are quite do flexible on their return policy... store personnel are nicer in Florida!!

Except that George lives in Washington (Olympia to be more precise)  ;)

But, Costco is Costco is Costco.  No, they won't swap an individual disc, but you can (have to, actually) get your money back and then you could get a brand new copy right then, if they still have it in stock (that's the big "if").
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2006, 03:23:10 PM »

....I wouldn't mind being in the Quartet in The Music Man again.  *I was the Lead Baritone when I was a sophomore in high school.  -And I think I still have my honorary S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A. membership card somewhere in my various boxes of mementos.

I'd love to be in the quartet!  I was an actual member of S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A. for a couple of years, after I got out of high school.  I sang baritone, also!  I really enjoyed it, but got bored after a while because I could read music and would have my part learned (if not memorized) in one night and it would take most everyone else in the whole group at least three weeks (one rehearsal a week) to learn a song.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2006, 03:27:32 PM »

bk or anyone for that matter....  if you could perform any part in any musical irrespective of your age, looks or sex  (we'll assume you are perfect for the part!)... what would it be?

I'd love to play Edna Turnblad or the Robert Morse part from Sugar (aka Some Like It Hot)!  Or I'd love to do Tell Me On a Sunday (aka Song and Dance). ;)

As for A Little Night Music, I'd like to play Henrik, the cellist, so that I would have the experience to play the (female) cello player in the musical version of The Witches of Eastwick.  Now that's a show that I'd love to do. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up