Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TRIPLE PLAY  (Read 25086 times)

Ben

Re:TRIPLE PLAY
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2006, 11:14:08 AM »

To Page 3, that is!

Ben

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2006, 11:14:59 AM »

Bollywood Dance in Michael's honor

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~Bolly~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~Wood~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2006, 11:16:53 AM »

Shakalaka Baby!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2006, 11:30:14 AM »

Back from an extra-long jog.  It's gray and cool out today - a welcome change.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2006, 12:00:31 PM »

My morning visit to ICU is over, and my dad is doing better.  Today he was quite loquacious, even if we still understood half of what he said.  The oncologist checked his sore throat for thrush and said it was clear, but he did order a blood transfusion.  The room is no longer quarantined so that means no masks, rubber gloves and robes.  The doctor also sent in physical therapists to get him up and moving again.  When the therapists arrived, I cleared out.

We are expecting a storm this afternoon, possibly hail, so I will stay in for a bit.  If it all passes over, I'll head back to see him later.

I caught PROJECT RUNWAY as well last night.  I agree with Kayne about the situation.  Keith can apologize all he wants to but he broke the rules and may have unjustifiably won his earlier win.  He deserved whatever happened.  I can't believe, if he were illegally using a pattern book, that he'd be so dumb to leave it in public view.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 12:01:08 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2006, 12:24:04 PM »

Ben - If computers are on and there's a blackout, does that mean files will be lost, he asks naively.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2006, 12:27:47 PM »

I had meant to report as well on my researches into Lady Macbeth's radiation burns.  A nurse this morning conceded that it was a possibility.  I want Lady M's physician to put it in writing.

DR FJL, save what you need and shut down your computer.  ASAP.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2006, 12:47:02 PM »

Did any of the usual gang see SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE last night?

(discussion about last night's show)

I'm pleased that they praised Heidi so much. I really like her and she is by far my favorite of the girls left.  I definitely think she will stay. But between donyelle and natalie it is a toss-up.  I think donyelle has lasted this long because of her parternship with fan-favorite benji. BUt i thought she was flat last night. And didn't have her old spark. She got criticized as did natalie. But i think donyelle is more popular.

I think for the guys benji will stay. And travis got praised so much last night, i can't imagine he is going anywhere.  These are my two favorite guys. I think it is clear that ivan is leaving. Although the fans obviously like him. I will be interested to see who is bottom two with him.

I really like watching heidi and travis. Really nice pair. I guess next week she will be back with benji.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2006, 12:50:17 PM »

Tuesday night was a long one. It was the last night my sister's little niece and nephew were visiting (month long visit).  Anyhow there was a terrible storm and the lights went out.

It is interesting to see how otherwise strong kids (who act grown up) can turn into babies when the lights go out. It was cute, since they had their friends over. They hadn't been as clingy to me all night. But once the power went out, i had 3 kids wanting to hold my hand, and a scared little baby (my 10month old niece).

The little boy just turned 6, and there was another little girl who was 6, and they were pretty scared.  The wind was blowing so hard outside and there was lightning.  Luckily my sister was home sick and hadn't gone out with all the adults. So she was able to get the candles and flashlights.

Poor little baby megan had been on her changing table right before bed when the power outage occured.

They were very happy when the power returned an hour later!

Ben

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2006, 12:55:31 PM »

FJL, that's a possibility. It depends on lots of ifs but you could lose files if you're on and there is a sudden power outage. A quick flicker probably won't do much harm but a sudden loss of power means you may lose the file on which you are working.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2006, 12:58:36 PM »

I shall now be on my way to a meeting, after which I shall return.

FJL

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2006, 01:14:22 PM »

A conundrum (?) - I had to have the computer on to find out Ben's follow-up re the effects of a blackout on a computer.  :)  I turned off Skip's computer; that's where the really important files are anyway.  :)  :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2006, 01:32:04 PM »

Had a very full afternoon with completely varied media. I started off by finishing the Katharine Hepburn book by Scott Berg. Though it is a biography with a more than cursory glance at her career, my favorite portions were about her everyday life both at her Turtle Bay townhouse in NYC and at Fenwick. Really captivaing reading. I can't remember a book I've finished so quickly.

Next up is a behind-the-scenes take on the world of firgure skating.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2006, 01:36:14 PM »

In honor of Kate, I put in the laserdisc of the remake of LOVE AFFAIR with Warren Beatty and Annette Bening. Kate's part is only eleven minutes long playing Aunt Ginny, so I skipped directly to her scenes and watched them. Reading her reaction to the script in the book, it was clear now that she didn't truly understand what some of the speeches she was making meant. Also caught her reading off cue cards a couple of times.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2006, 01:36:55 PM »

Next up, I was in the mood for Hitchcock, so I pulled out VERTIGO, a film I never tire of watching. Superb as always.

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »

Ben - If computers are on and there's a blackout, does that mean files will be lost, he asks naively.

I'm not Ben, but if you haven't saved your file and the power goes off you lose all the changes you made.  If it's a laptop or you have a battery back-up on your computer you'll be ok, but make sure you save often

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2006, 01:38:50 PM »

And I finished my afternoon with the documentary CLEOPATRA: THE EPIC THAT CHANGED HOLLYWOOD. Watching this very informative documentary made me want to see the film again, particularly the second half which is my least favorite part of the film, but one maybe I might like more now. At some point over the next few days, I will watch the "Antony and Cleopatra" section of the film (on disc 2 in the set).

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2006, 01:40:43 PM »

Guess I should have read farther before answering, but it did add another post

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2006, 01:41:43 PM »

Had a very full afternoon with completely varied media. I started off by finishing the Katharine Hepburn book by Scott Berg. Though it is a biography with a more than cursory glance at her career, my favorite portions were about her everyday life both at her Turtle Bay townhouse in NYC and at Fenwick. Really captivaing reading. I can't remember a book I've finished so quickly.

Next up is a behind-the-scenes take on the world of firgure skating.

Matt, I enjoyed the book as well. I too, found it captivating

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2006, 01:41:58 PM »

Matt:

Did you get to watch PROOF?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2006, 01:43:24 PM »

Just having a ticket in my hand makes me joyous.

Many Highway Patrolmen and MeterMaids welcome your attitude!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2006, 01:50:34 PM »

OKAY FOLKS, GIVE THE LOVELY LADY A HAND!

NY Times

But who could beat the story of the house in this middle-class town, where the police say an exotic dancer at a nude juice bar had a severed hand, nicknamed Freddy, preserved in formaldehyde, and six human skulls?

The police said it was unclear where the body parts had come from, but that did not deter them from charging the dancer, Linda E. Kay, 31 — who works at Hott 22, a strip club in Union — with unlawful disposition of human remains.

The police said they found the crudely hacked hand inside a Mason jar in Ms. Kay’s bedroom on Friday afternoon after answering a call from a woman who said that an owner of the house, Sean McDonough, had threatened to kill himself with a hammer.

When the police arrived, Mr. McDonough was nowhere to be found, but Ms. Kay answered the door.
She became uncooperative, the police said, and they proceeded to search the house based on the phone call and found the jar containing the hand.

der Brucer

::exits singing::

I hold your hand in mine, dear,
I press it to my lips.
I take a healthy bite
From your dainty fingertips.

My joy would be complete, dear,
If you were only here,
But still I keep your hand
As a precious souvenir.

The night you died I cut it off.
I really don't know why.
For now each time I kiss it
I get bloodstains on my tie.

I'm sorry now I killed you,
For our love was something fine,
And till they come to get me
I shall hold your hand in mine.

(Tom Lehrer)

Danise

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2006, 02:06:48 PM »

Evening folks,  it's the bus ride home.

There not much to tell you about.  I worked and when it was time to go home (Hoo and Ray) I left.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2006, 02:09:07 PM »

I'm glad that your cats are finely starting to get along, DR Cillaliz.  Bear and Sheena still have their good days and their bad ones.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2006, 02:11:13 PM »

I think that Sheena has become the Alpha dog (after me).  When I hollar, everyone runs!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2006, 02:12:25 PM »

Matt:

Did you get to watch PROOF?

der Brucer

I have not watched it yet, but it's still on the DVR. I'll get to it eventually, but it might not be this weekend. As I said in a post a day or two ago, I saw the play on stage relatively recently, and I'm just not that anxious to revisit the story so soon.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2006, 02:13:04 PM »

Going toclean the bedrooms now and then get started on the new book.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2006, 02:13:16 PM »

Tonight's "Big Brother 7" episode should prove pivotal for whether the "worm turns" in the coming week.

Janelle is on everyone's hit list.  Will and Mike "Boogie" are gleefully anticipating a power shift.

And not a couple of them are worried that a former evictee might return (although it's unlikely, IMO, because "we" haven't been given an opportunity to choose one to reenter the house...although CBS might opt to do it themselves).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2006, 02:16:54 PM »

I'm at work.  Things have been quite busy/hectic lately.

I'm not feeling 100% today...heck, not even 75% today.

More like 68.5 %, I'd say (conservatively).  Didn't want to get out of bed this morning...but....

Allergy symptoms abound....am being extremely sensitive lately to perfurmes/colognes.  Don't know if that's caused by some other allergen or not....but I've had to stop an elevator once this week and get out before my floor because I was being overwhelmed by scent.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 02:17:18 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2006, 02:28:08 PM »

For those needing something else about which to fret:

Associated Press

Hackers: Many Wireless PCs Secretly Vulnerable to Attack
Thursday , August 03, 2006

LAS VEGAS — Some computers with wireless Internet capabilities are vulnerable to attacks that could expose passwords, bank account details and other sensitive information even if the machines aren't actually online, researchers said here Wednesday.

der Brucer

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up