Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TRIPLE PLAY  (Read 25186 times)

Cillaliz

Re:TRIPLE PLAY
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2006, 02:44:16 PM »

"A computer need not be connected to the Internet to be infected. All that's required is that it have certain wireless devices installed and that those devices be turned on."

Ok, that makes more sense. I thought they were saying you didn't have to have your wireless device on.

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2006, 02:44:40 PM »

It did say you had to be in close proximity, like a cafe or something

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2006, 02:44:59 PM »

Wow page 4...it's about time.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2006, 02:45:59 PM »

I love "I Hold Your Hand In Mine"!  I actually performed it a few years ago and it was a hit! ;D

And speaking of Tom Lehrer...did anyone watch "America's Got Talent" last night?  There was a guy who sang Lehrer's "Masochism Tango" and did dangerous stunts at the same time!  I thought that he was pretty good (and kind of cute, too ;) and tall...very, very tall!).  But the judges didn't really like his act.  We'll see tonight if America does!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 02:46:36 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2006, 02:47:41 PM »

It did say you had to be in close proximity, like a cafe or something

Yeah - just like in VD transmission, proximity is essential.

der Brucer (although a Hot Zone might qualify)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2006, 02:48:59 PM »

I forgot about BB7 tonight.  I need to Tivo it. I'm going to Paul's for dinner.  That's a shock...he never invites people to his house. I've known him for about 3 years and never been there!

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2006, 02:49:30 PM »

Yeah - just like in VD transmission, proximity is essential.

der Brucer (although a Hot Zone might qualify)
;D ;D ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2006, 02:50:47 PM »

I just asked my nephew if he wants to go to NYC. I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but he wants to talk about it tomorrow.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2006, 02:53:49 PM »

I just saw this on the Drowsy Chaperone website

"In the real world the only people who burst into song are hopelessly deranged"

GOOD HEAVENS!!!! THIS MEANS MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS HOPELESSLY DERANGED!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2006, 02:54:38 PM »

And I thought we were just eccentric

George

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2006, 03:08:25 PM »

I just saw this on the Drowsy Chaperone website

"In the real world the only people who burst into song are hopelessly deranged"

GOOD HEAVENS!!!! THIS MEANS MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS HOPELESSLY DERANGED!!!!

Maybe the implication was "burst into song with a complete orchestral accompaniment..."

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2006, 03:09:49 PM »

Maybe the implication was "burst into song with a complete orchestral accompaniment..."

;)

Do you mean we are the only family with a house orchestra?  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2006, 03:10:22 PM »

Gotta go get my laundry and make dinner for the string section....(As in those who chase strings.....)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 03:10:56 PM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2006, 03:12:34 PM »

Back from a really nice meeting.  It looks like I'll be helping to develop and then direct a kids show - sort of like The Doodlebops - rock and roll for three to eight year olds (The Doodlebops skew VERY young - one to four).  I like the guy whose idea it is and I think it has a lot of potential.  We'll start casting in about four weeks, and we'll workshop the show for three performances in late January/early February.  If it works, then he'll try to get bookings everywhere, and also try to get us a TV deal.  I think this has some real back-end merit, especially TV, and if it went there, I'd either produce it and/or direct it and/or both.  

Finally finished the final song (it occurs three times with three different sets of lyrics) to PennyO's show.

George

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2006, 03:15:44 PM »

Great news about the new gig, BK!!  Good luck! ;D

François de Paris

« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2006, 03:30:58 PM »

Hello everyone!

Hope your summer's going fine!
Paris is quite "dead" at the moment and it is nice to be part of the happy few enjoying the city, even more since the dreadful heat wave is finally gone!

Vibes to all who need them, and cool weather wishes to those where "It's Too Darn Hot!"

Went to see SUPERMAN RETURNS yesterday (Everybody was going to see PIRATES!! I have to be different! Ha!) and I was bored for most of it!

I guess I'm too old now for that kind of a movie!

Some multiplexes here show PIRATES 2 in 3 theaters!! I've read that they're spending 100 millions for the promotion, and that Mr Depp has received 20 millions!

Brother, can you spare a dime?!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 03:31:44 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2006, 03:32:35 PM »

Gotta go get my laundry and make dinner for the string section....(As in those who chase strings.....)

I'm sure the string section might enjoy string beans! :)

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2006, 03:35:25 PM »

Good evening!  This afternoon I was invited to listen in on a conference call hosted by the agency that's administering the grant  for which my managers are applying.  The hosts, in NYC, asked the participants to say where they were from and what the temperature was.  We had people from Dayton, Detroit, Philadelphia, Providence, Tucson - can you guess who reported the coolest temp?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 03:38:53 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2006, 03:39:45 PM »

WELCOME BACK DR FRANCOIS
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2006, 03:43:17 PM »

I've said this before but it annoys me that when you're on hold with the IRS, the tape says "If you hang up and call back now, this may increase your weight, as calls are handled in the order they are received"  Why must everything be fattening?

FJL

« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

Welcome back, Francois!

Tomovoz

« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2006, 03:46:11 PM »

totd:
Joy in the theatre:

The end of "Blood Brothers" - AT LAST!
Interval in "The Woman In White" - a time to leave!

As corny as it is, I still find the "I'll Do it" scene in "42nd Street" full of joy.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2006, 03:49:58 PM »

I've said this before but it annoys me that when you're on hold with the IRS, the tape says "If you hang up and call back now, this may increase your weight, as calls are handled in the order they are received"  Why must everything be fattening?

I've certainly spent too much time on the phone the last few years. At last an explanation and not a rationalisation or excuse.  Thank you DR FJL.
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2006, 03:52:46 PM »

I just asked my nephew if he wants to go to NYC. I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but he wants to talk about it tomorrow.  

DR Cillaliz - it will be delightful to meet your nephew!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2006, 03:56:09 PM »

Francois is back - now maybe we'll get some postin' goin' on.

I shall now be on my way to LACC.  The notes will probably go up late tonight.

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2006, 04:02:45 PM »

Going out for Chinese food with my DH.

Bye for now.

George

« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2006, 04:59:29 PM »

Well, I'm off to see the first show in the Sixth Annual Festival Of New Musicals in Issaquah!  Tonight's show is Little Women and it's written by the team of songwriters who were let go (fired ::)) from the recent Broadway production.  This is their version.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2006, 05:20:41 PM »

I bought some Chock Full O' Nuts coffee yesterday....am drinking it today...mighty tasty! I had never had it before but have certainly seen the old TV commercials...and the jingle keeps going through my head.

Hmmm, I wonder why?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2006, 05:21:36 PM »

It looks like I'll be helping to develop and then direct a kids show - sort of like The Doodlebops - rock and roll for three to eight year olds (The Doodlebops skew VERY young - one to four).  
Doodlebops but Dee Dee dresses like a Ho?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2006, 05:26:24 PM »

Le Mort de Paris - That's the title of my next Doodlebops episode!

(DeeDee, Rooney and Moe learn how to accessorize!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up