Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TOWER-ING INFERNO  (Read 27608 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THE TOWER-ING INFERNO
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2006, 10:50:02 AM »

Ah yes, DR EDISAURUS - you have a non-subtitled DVD.  
/quote]

It's weird---that version doesn't even show up on Caiman's site!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 10:51:42 AM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2006, 10:53:37 AM »

Great pics, DR MBARNUM!  Looks like DR TOMovOZ and CP COLIN are having a lot of fun in the US of A!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2006, 10:54:12 AM »

I almost bought it, trying to save some money till I checked ALL the versions on Amazon!

I must say, DR EDISAURUS...that even at a HIGH price, the movie is worth it.   :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 10:57:24 AM by JRand56 »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »

JRand, I rarely sell any books either.  But I had something like six thousand to move, so I sold a lot of seconds and duplicates of editions that I had upgraded over the years and books that had either been given to me or had been sent to me to adapt into movies or whatever before I left.  I went to my and BK's good friends at Bookfellows and they gave me great money for them.

Once I got here, I culled yet another box out of the collection that I didn't really want or knew I'd never read and took them to Half-Price in Cincy.  Most of it was junk, but there was some meat in the pile and I think I got a grand total of 13 bucks for it.  Barely paid for the gas up there and back.  Another friend of mine took some vintage horror and supernatural pp to them and got next-to-nothing.  He did much better when he took a box into a local used bookstore here.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2006, 11:01:07 AM »

So true, DR CP - for a bookstore, I don't think some of the people at HP know what they're looking at when they have it in their hands.

I am looking forward to the movie version of MANHUNT - THE 12 DAY CHASE FOR LINCOLN'S KILLER.  Did you read it yet?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2006, 11:05:25 AM »

I am looking forward to the movie version of MANHUNT - THE 12 DAY CHASE FOR LINCOLN'S KILLER.  Did you read it yet?

As far as I know, DR JRand56, you and I are the only ones on the site to have read it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »

I gotta finish STRANGE PIECE OF PARADISE; my next book is about to be published!

I saw the Ann Coulter lies book at Barnes and Nobel on Tuesday. It's already out

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2006, 11:10:52 AM »

Well off to a meeting. Catch you all later. Today is going much better than yesterday, thanks in part to the fine makers of Advil Cold and Sinus

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2006, 11:14:14 AM »

Well off to a meeting. Catch you all later. Today is going much better than yesterday, thanks in part to the fine makers of Advil Cold and Sinus

Careful with the drugs, Judy!  :P

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2006, 11:14:35 AM »

As far as I know, DR JRand56, you and I are the only ones on the site to have read it.

Well....that makes us even MORE special!  ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2006, 11:15:08 AM »

I discovered the magazine Famous Monsters of Filmland.

I was addicted to Creepy and Eerie magazines when I was in Jr. High. I thought the illustrations were breathtaking. I had every Eerie since the original issue...and was forced to toss them when we moved. If I only I knew then that one day I could sell them on ebay!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2006, 11:16:02 AM »

I must say, DR EDISAURUS...that even at a HIGH price, the movie is worth it.   :P

Oh yes...she WILL be mine!

MBarnum

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2006, 11:23:08 AM »

I bought some stuff from Caiman on Amazon and on Ebay. On Ebay they (she) had a CD for Buy it now. The ebay auction said that 18 copies were available. Well, turns out she had no copies. Said she would back order it. I asked why she would have something up for auction on Ebay that she didn't even have in stock. No answer. Asked for my money back. No answer. Then another e-mail saying ti was on back order. She would never answer any questions directly. 6 months later still no CD and no refund. I finally threatened legal action with the postal authorities. Got my money refunded.

Sad thing is that on both Amazon and Ebay Caiman has tons of things (or so they say) that I would love to buy...for really good prices...but I guess if you sell things you don't have your profit tends to be fairly hight! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2006, 11:24:17 AM »

I am listening to a CD compilation that Tomovoz gave me yesterday...all songs that have coffee or tea in the song. Some very good songs!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2006, 11:26:08 AM »

I am listening to a CD compilation that Tomovoz gave me yesterday...all songs that have coffee or tea in the song. Some very good songs!!

Does it have Mandy Patinkin's "Coffee In A Cardboard Cup"? That always makes me laugh!

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2006, 11:26:57 AM »

Does it have either of my favorites - "Java Jive" or "Proper Cup of Coffee from a Proper Copper Pot"?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2006, 11:27:29 AM »

And my favorite tea song, (and one of my favorite songs ever) Long John Baldry's "Everything Stops For Tea"?

Edisaurus

« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2006, 11:30:32 AM »

I bought some stuff from Caiman on Amazon and on Ebay.

Yikes! This doesn't bode well to exchange this DVD.

After ordering at least a dozen times from them, I've never had a problem with Caiman and have always found their prices to be much cheaper, especially on import music CD's. If there's something you can't find elsewhere, I'd give them a try again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2006, 11:31:59 AM »

I, too, had a bad experience with Caiman - same probs as MBarnum - she didn't have what I ordered.  I am not genteel when screwed over and I got my refund in about a week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2006, 11:32:21 AM »

Something is coming to tea
What is it?

Name that show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2006, 11:33:13 AM »

Back from the jog and shall now do stuff before Cissy Wechter gets here for our phoner with the publisher (she's using mine, and I'm helping her get through things smoothly).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2006, 11:33:17 AM »

Tea time!  Back in a tick.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2006, 11:33:55 AM »

If elmore needs reading matter, I can think of a brand spanking new book he's just received - easy to read, you know - no story over twenty-five pages, I don't think.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2006, 11:34:08 AM »

Something is coming to tea
What is it?

Name that show.

??? ???

Ben

« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2006, 11:34:18 AM »

Since I have the same CD and we've listened to it a lot I can answer those questions

Does it have Mandy Patinkin's "Coffee In A Cardboard Cup"? That always makes me laugh!

Not his version but it does have Coffe in a Cardboard Cup

Does it have either of my favorites - "Java Jive" or "Proper Cup of Coffee from a Proper Copper Pot"?

Yes to Java Jive and no to Proper Cuppa

And my favorite tea song, (and one of my favorite songs ever) Long John Baldry's "Everything Stops For Tea"?

and yes to Everything Stops.

Ben

« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2006, 11:35:35 AM »

Customs may have thought Tom and Colin were CD entrepreneurs when they arrived in the states. They passed out many CDs to many people.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2006, 11:37:01 AM »

Well....that makes us even MORE special!  ;D

Please, God, don't let Jack be normal!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2006, 11:39:35 AM »

If elmore needs reading matter, I can think of a brand spanking new book he's just received - easy to read, you know - no story over twenty-five pages, I don't think.

I own the book and I'm doing your show.  That's enough for now!  I'm already living with you 8 hours a day.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2006, 11:42:25 AM »

Since I find Mr Patinkin's solo albums with their peculiar variations in decibel level only good for peeling paint from walls and upsetting the neighbors, I prefer the OBC with the late great Lillian Hayman.

Edisaurus

« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2006, 11:45:51 AM »

Since I find Mr Patinkin's solo albums with their peculiar variations in decibel level only good for peeling paint from walls and upsetting the neighbors, I prefer the OBC with the late great Lillian Hayman.
What show is it from?

I used to listen to Mandy, until I discovered Guy Haines...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up