Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MOMENTUM  (Read 23048 times)

Jennifer

Re: MOMENTUM
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2009, 10:52:01 AM »

TAR SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

daskjdfsoiudf78dfs789dfs987 879 897 987 987dsf987dsf987dsf987dsf9879879879 jkjlklk
dsauidfoiudfsuoidfsoui iou jkllkjdfsuiodfsioudsfuoioiu oiuoiuuoioiuiuoduoiuiuiouiouio kljkljkjl
dfsaiuodfsiuo iuo duidfoiudfsiuodsfiuo uio uoi uoi uioiuodfsiuodfsauiodsfiuouoiuioiuo kljkljkl
I also was not upset to see that team go. They were really bad at the race. And
that was pretty clear from the first episode. I did feel really bad for the wife when
she got lost. I wonder if they would have been penalized since she got lost and
went down the hill the wrong way. I was really glad her husband did yet yell at
her after that. He actually seemed supportive. But my gosh she did not seem very
bright.  I also agree about the flight attendants (blondes). Not crazy about them at
all. Not sure my exact favorites yet. But i am very fond of the red heads (although
 they are not my typical team, since they have not shown that much strength so
 far). I also like the asian brother/sister team. They are very strong. I am not sure
about the mom and deaf son yet. I like them so far. And i hope they stay for a
longwhile. Because i am very curious to see how they approach challenges where
 the son will have to talk to others, especially locals. I am not too crazy about the
 black sisters either. They don't seem strong or very interesting. One team i do
like, which they barely showed in ep 1 was the dating team (blonde and cute
 guy). They seem really nice and strong.jkldfsjkldfjkldfsjklkjllkjkkfadifp[poipoi iooioiui ioupoipoipoipoipoipoipopo uoiafduoifdsoiudfsoiudfsoiuoiuoiuoiufdsoiudsfaoiu dsoifouoiuoiui
dsfalkjdfsoiudsfioudfsaoidsfaoipudfoiu oiuoiuoiudsaouioiudsfiuodfsoiuoiuoiuoiuoiu kjkjl
dsafuiodfsapiuodfsudfaifsoudfsiudsfoidfsidfsaoioi udoioiuoiuoiuiouiouiouiouoiuoiioiokl kkk

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 10:53:48 AM by Jennifer »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »

She explained that, as it was plastic, such a thing was simply not possible.

Tell that to the blow-up dolls!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Laura

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2009, 11:05:36 AM »

We do not know about such things.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2009, 11:19:54 AM »

BK, after you mentioned Georges Delerue, I guessed either MAN FOR ALL SEASONS or WOMEN IN LOVE.

I could use GOOD WEATHER VIBES from anyone so inclined.  We had torrential rains last night and indeed we started getting a drip, drip, drip in our bedroom where we suspected the roof had been leaking.  The good news is we had already decided to do a "layover" new roof and are scheduled for next week, but I'm nervous now about the gray and cloudy skies.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2009, 11:21:10 AM »

I just read that Eric Blau, co-creator of the musical revue JACQUES BREL IS ALIVE AND WELL AND LIVING IN PARIS, has died.

I guess they can change the title of that show now.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »

Non rain vibes for DR JMK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2009, 11:29:59 AM »

...a drip, drip, drip ...

That's three drips, and your Mayor makes four!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »

...a drip, drip, drip ...

That's three drips, and your Mayor makes four!

der Brucer

He ain't my Mayor, baby--I didn't vote for him to begin with, and I hope to be first in line when the recall petitions are legally available on July 1.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »

* * * * *  DAYS OF SUNSHINE VIBES FOR DR JMK  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2009, 12:12:36 PM »

Sunny day vibes for JMK!

With all the sunshine we get here, wouldn't you know that right after they stripped all the shingles off our house, we had a downpour overnight.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2009, 12:15:03 PM »

TOD:

The internment of Americans of Japanese ancestry during World War 2.

For a while when I was in high school, I was too.  I wrote a term paper on this subject (got an A) and even reused it in college for my English 101 class...but I only got a B. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »

I've been up since six-thirty.  I got Mr. Willison's Anya notes, which, as I knew they would be, were way too long.  I don't think he'll be thrilled with the cuts I'm asking him to make, but one way or the other he has to make them.  He had seven and a half pages of single-spaced Word text - which is almost three pages too many.  He's also used to using tiny type in booklets to have more words - I will not do tiny type - people like our booklets because you can actually read them.  And since I know exactly the page count that I write when I do the notes, and how that translates to booklet pages, i know exactly how many pages he has to cut.  I sent him back a version in which I cut one page and had suggestions as to how to get the other two out (one lift would take care of one and a half of the two pages).

Something you might consider is "additional notes available at Kritzerland.com."

That would be a great idea.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2009, 12:33:10 PM »

The period I simply cannot comprehend is the Holocaust. I don't understand the hatred, and I certainly don't understand the systematic annihilation of a race of people with (seemingly) no second thoughts about it and certainly no guilt or shame. No matter how many books I read on the period, I can't wrap my mind around how this happened and was allowed to happen.

So, there I was, doing the long jog, approaching the halfway point (two miles), when what do I hear?  Well, I'll tell you what I hear, loud and clear, being shouted from a VW bug - "Hey, fag!"  Yes, in the year 2009, in Los Angeles (or Studio City), someone leaned out the window of a VW bug and yelled, "Hey, fag!"  Now, perhaps seeing a sixty-one year old Jew in cutoff jeans with great legs stirred something deep inside him that was disturbing and this was his way of combatting it.  Or maybe he's just another intolerant teenage asshole with a brain the size of a barbecued almond.  Or maybe his parents taught him well.  Whatever it is, I found it astonishing, and not in a good way.  We think we've come a long way, baby, and yet people prove time and again we have a long way to go.  I wish for this person a cataclysmic event in his life that will shake him to his very foundation, so that he perhaps learns what tolerance and good manners mean, and that creating positive energy brings good things and yelling, "Hey, fag" makes the world more of a cesspool than it already is.  Yes, a nice, cataclysmic event for that young man is just the ticket.

I am sorry you had to experience that, bk.

It brings up disturbing and unhappy memories from grade school all the way through high school for me.   :(
I hope you have some very good memories to offset these.

Oh indeed.  I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

It's just that when it happens, even if you laugh it off at the time, it can leave a lasting unsettled and uncomfortable feeling. 

And it doesn't even have to be personal.  The other day, after my car accident, while I was waiting for the police to arrive, someone passing by took the trouble to roll down their window and yell, "Pull your f****ing cars off the road!!"  Now, I knew enough not to do that, as I needed the scene preserved for the police report and insurance consequences.  But that idiot and their actions still rankled me, hours later, almost even more than those of the poor guy who bashed into me.

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??

George

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2009, 12:33:30 PM »

~~~BAD KARMA VIBES FOR ALL THE BAD PEOPLE!!~~~

;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2009, 12:33:54 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I was up, I was up... And then I ended up falling asleep again... And again... And so on and so forth...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2009, 12:36:31 PM »

DR Jennifer - The shape of the burn simply reflects where your skin touched the oven doors (and vice versa).  I wouldn't call it "strange", just "different" and "new". You should give it a name. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »

As for "TAR" - which I watched in the almost wee hours of the morning following the Oscars Sunday night/Monday morning...  And I'll just say what I said then...

FOOD FIGHT!!!!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2009, 12:40:03 PM »

~~~~~DRY WEATHER VIBES TO DR JMK AND HIS ROOF~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »

DR JRand - Have you considered buying a mouse with a scroll wheel?  However, isn't the scroll feature with your current mouse activated by pressing down on the mouse and then moving your mouse up or down?  Have you tried plugging in one of your own "mice"?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »

LensCrafters is advertising a $99.99 special this week -- exam, lenses and frames!

*But does that include bi-focals? tri-focals? astigmatism? plastic lenses? glass lenses? indexed? non-scratch coatings? non-glare coatings? all frames in the store or just a "special selection"? Does the eye exam also cover contacts or just for glasses?

I always tried to take advantage of some of those specials, however, due to my prescription* and the "size" of my glasses, I was never able to find a pair of frames that would work with the lenses that I required.  I need long "temples", and I still remember being told one time that I would not find a proper fitting set of frames among those included in the "special selection".  *Thankfully(?), my prescription is just "strong" - and hasn't changed over the past 15 years.  No astigmatism or other conditions to worry about - and pay for.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »

DR elmore - That's very cool about reconnecting with your classmate!  Hopefully, he won't turn out to be one of your troublesome customers from your B&N days. Hey, I know you! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2009, 12:57:26 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2009, 01:02:36 PM »

DR Jose - I've never been able to take advantage of those offers, either.  In addition to high-index plastic and no-line options, I have to have rolling and polishing of the edges of my lenses.  Otherwise, my glasses would look like pop bottle bottoms.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »

DR Elmore - is this classmate someone Richard would remember?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I still remember being fascinated with the whole pioneer, Westward expansion movement when I was in fifth grade.  We participated in a semester-long project where we broken into teams, and each team was a "wagon", a family.  We "traveled" through the desert, through the mountains, through rain, through snow, etc., and learned what it took to survive in and under each of those conditions.  The game would even kill off family members, horses and livestock due to sickness, accidents, even an attack by an animal or other enemy.  Circle the wagons!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »

My gosh, how fast time slips away. I never get get around to cleaning the living room, so when I finish writing this afternoon, that will be the first order of business.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day - Part 2...

Paris, 1910-1940 - Tous les Artistes!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2009, 01:12:33 PM »

I watched the season finale of THE CLOSER WHILE I ate lunch. What a fabulous episode to end the season with. The case was merely OK, but everything else surrounding the story was just aces.

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »

I spent most of my afternoon on BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA on Blu-ray. I have to admit, I wasn't enthusiastic about this one. After UNDERDOG and SPACE BUDDIES, both of which featured talking dogs, I thought the premise sounded rather tired and silly.

But darned if Disney didn't pull it off. Not high on wit (only a couple of good laughs), but the adventure does get you involved, and the voice cast (Drew Barrymore, George Lopez, Andy Garcia, Edward James Olmos, Michael Urie, others) is excellent and the dogs, especially Popi (played by Lopez) is just precious. Those of you who love dogs will want to see it just for these precious and very talented dogs going through their paces.

Oh, and DR Jane, there is one sequence at a Mexican dog fight, but nothing really happens despite its dark, threatening tone, and it's actually played for a momentary laugh so kids in the auudience wouldn't get too scared at the Doberman who was threatening to tear apart the movie's heroine.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »

I also watched all of the bonus features: deleted scenes, bloopers with dog and human cast members, interviews with the voice cast, behind-the-scenes views on how they worked with the dogs to get them to "act." Some fun stuff, but it does take the magic away to watch these behind the scenes shots. The director's commentary also explains many of the tricks used to piece the film together.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up