Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AN OGDEN NASH FRIDAY  (Read 17544 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: AN OGDEN NASH FRIDAY
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »

DR MattH - Be sure to wave to my friend - and former "Grease: YTOTIW" semi-finalist - Nick Dalton when you see Legally Blonde tonight. ;)

Will do! ;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2009, 01:46:54 PM »

DR Ginny I have begun reading THE HEARTS OF HORSES. :)

DR Jane - hope you like it!  I now want to read Molly Gloss' other novels, but I'm totally engrossed in The Red Leather Diary at the moment.

So far I'm enjoying it.  I have the Diary on my list of books to read. I think I'll call & see if the used book store has a copy.

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »

Page Four Dance!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »

I gotta tell you.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2009, 01:49:39 PM »

***FEEL BETTER VIBES***
for DR Jane and for DR Jeanne's DF&H#2!!!!!

Thank you DAW, the vibes are already working.

DR Jeanne how is DF&H2 doing?

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2009, 01:50:48 PM »

I was SO mad when I settled in to eat lunch. I was going to watch KROD MANDOON from last night, but for some reason, the DVR recorded a SOUTH PARK episode. Either I set it wrong, or Comedy Central ran the show in a different time period from that listed in the guide. (I recorded an early morning replay rather than the 10 p.m. show.)

Jane

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2009, 01:51:04 PM »

Headache-be-gone vibes to Jane. I hope your hike clears your head (your rash, too).

The hike helped my head tremendously & the bumps on my arms seem to be going down.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2009, 01:52:21 PM »

So, instead I watched last night's 30 ROCK as I ate lunch. Some good lines, and it was another fine showcase for Jane K.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »

Next I put in THE PRIVATE LIFE OF DON JUAN, the one film in the box I had never watched before. This was the final screen performance of Douglas Fairbanks, and even though he's clearaly middle aged with some girth around his middle, thinning hair, and age lines in his face, he still cut a dashing figure in a couple of scenes (one shirtless scene showed he still had a powerful upper body).

His mundane voice, of course, was the anthithesis of his dashing rogue persona, and it's kind of odd with everyone around him speaking with English accents, and he's got that flat American dialect (they're all portraying Spaniards). Still, as a comedy of manners, it was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed it.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2009, 01:57:19 PM »

And I finished the box set watching REMBRANDT next. Another fabulous performance by Charles Laughton, and Gertrude Lawrence got to chew some scenery, too, as the mistress/housekeeper who's tossed aside when Rembrandt falls for the maid played by Elsa Lanchester.

Beautiful cinematography which was done to mimic the painter's expressive use of light and shadows. It's the best movie in the set.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2009, 01:58:41 PM »

I completed my afternoon of viewing by skimming through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest, of course, but the previews for next week suggest Zoey is going to be suggesting something (possibly sex) with Luke to make her a legitimate Grimaldi. Oh, brother!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »

I was SO mad when I settled in to eat lunch. I was going to watch KROD MANDOON from last night, but for some reason, the DVR recorded a SOUTH PARK episode. Either I set it wrong, or Comedy Central ran the show in a different time period from that listed in the guide. (I recorded an early morning replay rather than the 10 p.m. show.)

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! 

Not for KROD MANDOON, of course, but the general idea.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2009, 02:12:16 PM »

What the hell! I just got my new lease from the landlord. If I sign a 1-year lease, my rent is raised $45 a month, but if I sign a 2-year, my rent goes up $80.00! What the goddam hell?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2009, 02:12:42 PM »

I completed my afternoon of viewing by skimming through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest, of course, but the previews for next week suggest Zoey is going to be suggesting something (possibly sex) with Luke to make her a legitimate Grimaldi. Oh, brother!

Maybe the mafia will kill the crazy bitch.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2009, 02:16:21 PM »

DR Jeanne I hope your day has been calm.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2009, 02:17:36 PM »

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! 

Not for KROD MANDOON, of course, but the general idea.

;)

Me too.

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2009, 02:23:18 PM »

Just made a nice chicken salad for our dinner and sliced & sugared some strawberries.  After my little break here, I'll make some shortcakes.  Sounds like a summer supper, huh?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2009, 02:29:07 PM »

Sounds yummy.

George

« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2009, 02:34:18 PM »

What the hell! I just got my new lease from the landlord. If I sign a 1-year lease, my rent is raised $45 a month, but if I sign a 2-year, my rent goes up $80.00! What the goddam hell?

That's gotta be a mistake! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2009, 02:36:47 PM »

Right now, I'm listening to Linda Eder's CD, "Storybook."  After that, I'm going to listen to my very own Linda Eder compilation that I call, "The Big Band Years."  She's recorded a lot of songs that've been arranged in what I think of as a big band style, so I put them all together.  I like it A LOT!  Of course, I would...I did it. ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »

Wonder if he's heard there's a recession?

:(

Ben

« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2009, 02:42:14 PM »

Yep, my rent for the two year lease went up $85. Blame it on the City Commission that every year goes through a song and dance about how much rents can rise on stabilized apartments. This past year (late 2008) because of the economic crisis/housing crisis the commission decided that rents could rise 4.5% for one year leases or 8.5% for two year leases BUT because of the hard times they gave the landlords/owners the option of either charging the percent increase OR for this one year only, raising the rent a flat $45 for one year leases or $85 for two year leases. The 8.5 percent on most stabilized two-year leases would come out to less than $85 (my rent with th 8.5% increase would have come out to about $20 less than the $85 going up about $61). Guess which option the landlord/owners have chosen?

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2009, 02:43:18 PM »

I did listen to the first three tracks of the SHERRY! studio cast album to and from my Friday shopping places, and bk is sure right. This big orchestra sounds no more than a pit band.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2009, 02:44:26 PM »

As for James Lipton, well, he's NO Dr. Drew Casper, that's for sure!!

;D

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »

Now I'm going to head down and see if I can't squeeze in a couple of DVR shows before we head out to the theater tonight.

WBBL with a report of the evening.

DAW

« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »

DAW

« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »

The same thing happened to me.       >:(

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2009, 03:06:58 PM »

Egret
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:28 PM »

Eagle
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:32 PM »

Our friend Paul Jackel (who worked with bk on the LAST STARFIGHTER NYMF 2006 reading) is also in LEGALLY BLONDE, playing Elle's father.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up