Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 45539 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2009, 06:28:25 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I do hope that all the distress and pain our DRs are experiencing subsides VERY soon.

You and me both, DR Jeanne!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2009, 06:30:03 PM »

I second DR TCB, DR Ginny! Any word on John?

DR TCB, check your email. I sent you a surprise. And, no, it isn't something dirty!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »

Thank you, DRs TCB and Elmore, for asking about John.  It has seemed to me the past two days that his face is slightly more animated and he's slightly more responsive.  Still far, far from conscious and still dependent (although not 100%) on the ventilator.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »

Well, today's photo may not be as exciting as yesterday's photo was to some of our regulars - who will remain nameless (Kerry).

However, I do think this photo offers an adorable young lad playing the role of "THE LITTLEST ANGEL", December 1956.

How cute--I am enthralled! 
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2009, 06:40:48 PM »

Good Evening!

A few hours ago, I went to The Museum of the City of New York to attend tonight's installment of "The Speakeasy at 1220 Fifth".  The MCNY basically sets up a "speakeasy" each Wednesday night.  They have bar stations set up serving classic cocktails - including Manhattan's, of course - and a DJ spinning tunes from the 1920's and '30's. And, yes, people were dancing.  Some even came in costume - flapper dresses and very dapper suits.

*The "Speakeasy" is not free.  It's $12 for non-members and $10 for members, however, that also includes one free beverage of choice, and since the cocktails run $10, it all evens out nicely.  Additionally, the galleries on the first two floors are opened for those attending the Speakeasy.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2009, 06:43:53 PM »

Good Evening!

A few hours ago, I went to The Museum of the City of New York to attend tonight's installment of "The Speakeasy at 1220 Fifth".  The MCNY basically sets up a "speakeasy" each Wednesday night.  They have bar stations set up serving classic cocktails - including Manhattan's, of course - and a DJ spinning tunes from the 1920's and '30's. And, yes, people were dancing.  Some even came in costume - flapper dresses and very dapper suits.

*The "Speakeasy" is not free.  It's $12 for non-members and $10 for members, however, that also includes one free beverage of choice, and since the cocktails run $10, it all evens out nicely.  Additionally, the galleries on the first two floors are opened for those attending the Speakeasy.

That sounds like fun!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2009, 06:44:47 PM »

Almost time for the "Top Chef Masters!"

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »

Have you all seen the photo of Dylan and toby that Skip uses for his Facebook avatar?

It is so adorable!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »

Good Evening!

That sounds like fun!

It was. Although, since the museum's hallways were not "made for music", the volume of the music actually was on the loud side.  I met up with a fellow Twitterer - @NewYorkology - and we actually had to move around a few times in order just to hear each other.  All that marble just makes the sound bounce and bounce and bounce.

But since the Speakeasy is held on Wednesday, and since the last one is being held on August 26th... Well... Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2009, 06:56:33 PM »

We have been to the hospital for our daily visit.  When we got home I fixed a nice dinner of baked salmon, mac & cheese,  and broccoli.  We're thinking of going out later to try to see the meteor shower.

I was hoping to catch some of the meteor shower here in NYC tonight, but it looks like we're going to have cloud-cover during the overnight hours tonight.  Although, with all the "light pollution" from The City, I'm not sure just how much I'd be able to see.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2009, 06:57:34 PM »

A new reality series--Jeanne shops for a new dentist?

Well... Hopefully, that would be more like a two or three night mini-series. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2009, 07:00:21 PM »

Lost and Found Dog Saves Life of Boy with Down Syndrome

Warning to Jose - this is a two hankie read.

der Brucer

Um, thanks for the warning, DR DER BRUCER, but no hankies were needed.  *I like pets, but I've never really been much of a "pet person".
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:02:44 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2009, 07:06:51 PM »

I have about $10 to last me until next Wednesday or Thursday.

You might have a best seller on your hands:

"Surviving on $2 a day - the Library of Congress diet"

der Brucer

A Food Network Show - "NYC on $2/day" seems a stretch

Actually, "NYC On $5 A Day" is possible. Maybe even "NYC on $4 A Day".

*But you'd have to include an All-Day Fun Pass for the subway and busses, or like walking at least eight miles over the course of the day. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »

Franklin, Ohio, is a pretty happening place this week.  That's where the flower shop was destroyed by fire on Monday and today we had to detour around the clean-up/investigation of THIS.  It took place on a stretch of road that John's wife and daughter often take on their way to the hospital.  Fortunately, his wife went the back way today and his daughter was already there.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:13:45 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2009, 07:12:07 PM »

Thanks for all the good health wishes. I wish I could say they've helped, but in my case, they didn't. I was seized with terrible muscle spasm this morning and called my doctor only to be told there was nothing available until tomorrow morning, so I'll have to wait it out. Pain has subsided into a dull ache, but I am SO tired of feeling achy. Enough is enough.

Matt, I am so sorry. 

Comfort vibes to you.

Thank you. DR TCB. I appreciate the concern.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2009, 07:14:26 PM »

Tonight I continued watching DOLLHOUSE episodes. I watched three more of them which let me finish disc one in the three-disc set.

In the first, Echo was programmed to be a rock singer who was also a bodyguard for a famous young rock star who was being stalked.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2009, 07:14:31 PM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Today I need to pick up the prescription that my doctor convinced the insurance company to pay for.

Do you think you could get your doctor to convince your insurance company to pay for your next vacation? ;)

At the rate we're going, we might be able to make the case for a "mental health necessity."

Exactly!! ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2009, 07:15:27 PM »

The second episode had Echo programmed to be an expert safecracker, but her memory was erased midway through the caper and she had to be saved (rather unconvincingly, I thought; the weakest episode yet).

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »

The last of the three episodes had Echo as a religious cultist working undercover to find out if the cult leader planned anything warlike. The cult leader was played by the ever-gorgeous Brian Bloom.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »

Next I watched both episodes of BETTER OFF TED that were telecast on Tuesday night. I'm sorry this show isn't catching on since I find it droller and funnier than 30 ROCK. Some of these actors are truly hilarious.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2009, 07:19:37 PM »

I was tempted to watch tonight's LEVERAGE, but I've been in discomfort all day, and I just couldn't sit in any of my den chairs comfortably any more. I'll (hopefully) watch it tomorrow while I eat lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2009, 07:20:26 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I do hope that all the distress and pain our DRs are experiencing subsides VERY soon.

You and me both, DR Jeanne!

Add my wishes to that pile. We all deserve better!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2009, 07:23:51 PM »

Well, today's photo may not be as exciting as yesterday's photo was to some of our regulars - who will remain nameless (Kerry).

However, I do think this photo offers an adorable young lad playing the role of "THE LITTLEST ANGEL", December 1956.

Thanks Kerry!  I am glad that someone thought I ws cute - once.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2009, 07:26:43 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2009, 07:42:01 PM »

Heading downstairs to bed now.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2009, 07:46:46 PM »

Woo hoo!! I was so worried about taking out the countertops. I came home from work and started taking out the plumbing before Chris and Edith arrived.  I unhooked all the clips holding in the sink and did every thing I could on my own.   Chris came.  disconnected the disposal took out the sink and after about 5-10 minutes of thinking and 5-10 minutes of working. It was done!

What's amazing is between the two of us, me not knowing what I was doing and he knowing  what to do, it took us about 30 minutes to remove it all.  For that they wanted $460 dollars! Good lord that's a high hourly rate. 

Anyway, I'm still going to vacuum behind all the cabinets before I go to bed, who knows when or if I'll ever see back there again.  I may as well get the dust out of there.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2009, 07:47:13 PM »

Feel better DR Matt!

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2009, 07:48:15 PM »

Thanks Kerry!  I am glad that someone thought I ws cute - once.

I think you were very cute

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2009, 07:49:12 PM »

Vibes to all who need or want them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2009, 07:52:40 PM »

Today was a great day at work.  I forgot to call and schedule the sonagram.  I really don't want to do it. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up