Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARL OF SANDWICH  (Read 52256 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE EARL OF SANDWICH
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »

I was just talking to Keith's brother.  It is obvious how much he misses their mother who passed a way a year ago on Monday.

It isn't that we don't miss her or think about her all the time, just that our lives didn't revolve around her like his did.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2009, 01:29:56 PM »

I played Sergeant O'Hara in ARSENIC AND OLD LACE back when I lived in SC. That seems several lifetimes ago.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2009, 01:33:11 PM »

I watched last night's RESCUE ME while I ate lunch. An OK episode, but the show has not been nearly as riveting this season as it has been in past seasons. Much more comedy and sexual hijinks. Very little serious drama here.

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2009, 01:37:37 PM »

Then I started on SONS OF ANARCHY. It's about a biker gang in Charming, California. I know I don't know much about the life, but these seem, despite all the ink, very clean-cut bikers with a sense of morality, very different from the picture of biker gangs that gets circulated in general articles: heavily into drugs and prostitution.

These guys aren't saints, but they deal in weapons to make their money. No drug rings, no prostitutes. It's certainly different than I was expecting.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2009, 01:39:08 PM »

I got three episodes watched plus I rewatched the pilot since it had a commentary track on it. Ron Perlman, Katey Segal, and Charlie Hunnam were on the track as the three top billed stars of the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2009, 01:41:24 PM »

I had time to scan through today's three soaps. Really nothing much of interest in any of them. Chance was on Y&R, but it looked like he wanted to cool it with Chloe while she gets over Jack, and that suits me fine.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2009, 01:51:46 PM »

Here's something that might not sit too well with some people here...

Law Hopes To Turn Holmes Into A Franchise

British actor Jude Law is praying his new Sherlock Holmes film is a success - because he'd love to see the classic tale turn into a movie franchise.

The Alfie star takes on the role of Dr. Watson alongside Robert Downey Jr. as the legendary detective in Guy Ritchie's new epic.

Law admits he relished the chance to bring Arthur Conan Doyle's original stories to the big screen and hopes the public enjoy the new movie, because there is plenty more material for sequels.

He tells Empire magazine, "No (it will not be a one-off). The more you work on the substance of a film, the more you go back to the source material and the more you realise there is to tell. There are fantastic stories and even better characters. We would love that the audience falls in love with it (the movie) as much as we have, as then we can (make) a whole bunch more."

While Downey Jr. reveals he too is keen to film a follow-up, adding, "We definitely agreed to renegotiate for a part two. We feel really strongly about that. We might shoot the next one abroad."

:-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2009, 02:01:06 PM »

I have watched 3 episodes of ADAM 12 this morning...BK, you will happily see lots of localities...they did some filming on the corner of Moorpark and, supposedly, Cynthia. Don't know if those two streets actually connect or not, but that is the location they were supposed to go to, and I could see the Moorpark street sign in the background.

Matt H.

« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2009, 02:01:33 PM »

I can't picture either Downey or Law as the characters, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I can see the results of the first one.

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »

I guess I'll hop off-line now and write for a bit and then head back down to watch more SONS OF ANARCHY. I'd love to get at least four more watched. That would put me more than halfway to finishing the episodes (13 in all).

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2009, 02:03:29 PM »

Spoo!

WBBL.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2009, 02:09:18 PM »

I am inundated with various opera and ballet Blu-rays which I must review.  I actually liked the ballet I just watched, La Fille Mal Gardee, so my brain must be getting soft.  ;)

It's Frederick Ashton's masterpiece! The Act Two clog dance for the widow is fantastic and John Lanchberry's score a masterpiece of pastiche and humor!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2009, 02:11:50 PM »

Hey, DR Dakotacelt, it's good to see you back with us! I think it's fantstic you're studying for the GRE and wish you the best with it.

I am feeling better, thanks for asking!

When do the last two weeks of GL begin?I could videotape it for you. I think that Ron's finished taping; he and Dona are on a cruise to St Petersburg. Today she emailed me that they are somewhere between Helsinki and Germany.

And the NY Times has started a series of "goodbye GL" articles too.
Thanks for the heads up
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2009, 02:12:38 PM »

I can't picture either Downey or Law as the characters, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I can see the results of the first one.

I'm a little turned off by the advertising stating "this is a Holmes for the 21st Century" and the previews look so out of period, kinda like the dreadful VAN HELSING film. I hope i am wrong.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »

Here's a technical question for BK...or anybody else who can answer it.

If you see a film clip that you like on, say YouTube, is there any way that you can download it, so that you have it on your own computer?

I have a Mac.

Thanks.

Go to keepvid.com and enter the YouTube URL in the box at the top.  It'll give you the option to download as a flash video file (.flv extention) or an MP4, which can play in Quicktime and is better in quality.  You'll need a flash video player for your computer for the .flv files...click on the link on keepvid.com for the free .flv player.  It's free and I've never had any trouble with it. :)

Or, if you don't already have it you can dowload Version 11 of Real Player (see the link below specifically for a Mac download)

Real Player Mac Download

I don't have a Mac but I use it on my PC to download You Tube and other videos. Once it's installed when you go to sites that have video you get a bar hovering over the top of the video for a period of time asking if you want to download the video. Click on it and the video will be saved on your hard drive. The time it takes depends on the speed of your connection.

If you use Firefox (or want to use it, go here to download)

Mac Firefox

there is an add-on called Download Helper which does the same thing as the Real Player Video Download. Once you install or launch Firefox you can look for the add on, download it and install it. Then, as with Real Player, when you're at a site with video, such as You Tube, you will see a group of colored balloons twirling meaning that you can download the video contained on that site.

FJL

« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »

Sorry for being E&T - tax stuff has interfered.

Planning to have a do of some sort here at the homestead, very likely on Monday night 7:30, in honor of BK being in town.  Waiting to hear back from BK about his availability Monday, though.   

(We had previously talked with BK about Sunday, but with him getting in on sunday afternoon, Sunday is feeling like it might not be a good idea.)

Jane

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »

When I watch the new Sherlock Holmes film I will approach it as if Holmes & Watson are in a parallel universe ;)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »

Here's a technical question for BK...or anybody else who can answer it.

If you see a film clip that you like on, say YouTube, is there any way that you can download it, so that you have it on your own computer?

I have a Mac.

Thanks.

Go to keepvid.com and enter the YouTube URL in the box at the top.  It'll give you the option to download as a flash video file (.flv extention) or an MP4, which can play in Quicktime and is better in quality.  You'll need a flash video player for your computer for the .flv files...click on the link on keepvid.com for the free .flv player.  It's free and I've never had any trouble with it. :)

It worked.  Thank you.

This is what I downloaded.  It's great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_fCRE5Xtnc&feature=player_embedded
You can dream…or you can do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »

Last air date is September 18.

Larry, let me know what I owe you for tapes.

I will miss seeing Ron Raines on my telly screen this fall. I really like him as an actor
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2009, 02:29:30 PM »

downloading youtube.

I have also had luck with vixy.net

Jane

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2009, 02:40:11 PM »

I never heard of the Princess Grace award until our friend’s niece won the award.   

She is also the niece of Bruce’s high school classmate, the daughter of the classmate’s little sister.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2009, 02:57:17 PM »

I am inundated with various opera and ballet Blu-rays which I must review.  I actually liked the ballet I just watched, La Fille Mal Gardee, so my brain must be getting soft.  ;)

It's Frederick Ashton's masterpiece! The Act Two clog dance for the widow is fantastic and John Lanchberry's score a masterpiece of pastiche and humor!

Can you give me about 1,425 more words, please?  ;)

Yes, I knew about it, I had just never seen this particular BD before and I typically go into ballets dreading them.  I think it comes from being dragged to The Nutcracker one too many times (that would be once, LOL) as a child.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »

Wouldn't it be cool, though, to have a 2 BD set with the English tradition and Russian tradition of LA FILLE to compare?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Michael

« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2009, 03:02:01 PM »

Some very interesting new titles have been added to Warner Archive (I'm looking forward to Hammer's SHE):
http://www.wbshop.com/New-Releases/ARCHIVENEW,default,sc.html?psortb1=name-sort&psortd1=1&sz=42

They included Bad Ronald with Scott Jacoby. A TV movie. I think made for ABC. I always liked Scott Jacoby.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »

T.O.D.

ASK BK DAY!

Dear BK,

Do you have a release date or even a pre-order date for your new book?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2009, 03:12:56 PM »

HURRICANE BILL MIGHT BE ON ITS WAY TO FLORIDA

I once dated a guy named Hurricane Bill.  They called him that because he was always blowing over a hundred an hour.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2009, 03:18:12 PM »

Last air date is September 18.

Larry, let me know what I owe you for tapes.

I will miss seeing Ron Raines on my telly screen this fall. I really like him as an actor

DR Dakotacelt, when do you want me to start? I caught a little bit today just when the super's grandson showed up and it looked as if someone returned from the dead. I don't think it was Jeffrey, was it?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2009, 03:19:28 PM »

Good morning on this cool morning ( for now, anyway/  Sugar and i enjoyed our lovely and cool walk.  Since i awakened long before I intended to, it proved to be a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the morning. 

I have a few friends who need some serious vibes.  Please send them your best hugs an good thoughts!  I appreciate it immensely!

Love to all, dear friends.

Vibes for Kerry's few friends!

That doesn't sound right.
“One thing’s universal,

Michael

« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2009, 03:20:45 PM »

ASK BK

If a movie was going to made from your books who would you chose to play the following roles

Benjamin Kritzer
Adriana Hofstetter
Jonathan Goldman
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2009, 03:21:38 PM »

HURRICANE BILL MIGHT BE ON ITS WAY TO FLORIDA

I once dated a guy named Hurricane Bill.  They called him that because he was always blowing over a hundred an hour.

Where did he find a hundred to blow?
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up