Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AH, SWEET MYSTERY OF LIFE  (Read 39780 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: AH, SWEET MYSTERY OF LIFE
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »

What a weird day. What a really weird day. This has been a very strange and rather crappy weel. I just spoke to Randy and Jo, following a terse email from the Macbeths.

Speaking of Macbeth...a production directed by Sarah Caldwell opened on this day in 1981 at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre, and played for 61 performances (after nine previews).

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2010, 01:22:25 PM »

I hope you won't suffer any undue unpleasantness, DR Elmore. Keep us posted as much as you feel comfortable doing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2010, 01:23:55 PM »

Good news to read about DR der Brucer. Thanks!

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2010, 01:25:19 PM »

It is REALLY cold outside. I wore a heavy jacket and was still uncomfortable doing my errands. My feet still feel cold a bit, but since my office is the warmest room in the house, being up here a couple of hours should thaw them out.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2010, 01:26:37 PM »

When I got in and had fixed lunch, I watched last night's THE MENTALIST. Not a big mystery this week, but some interesting character reveals, and I LOVED Jane toying with that arrogant mayor.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2010, 01:29:05 PM »

Then I watched my work project for the day - PARIS, TEXAS on Blu-ray. A solid video and audio transfer, and the film is affecting despite its length. Yes, there are some scenes I would have cut, but it still plays OK. I always end the film, not thinking of Harry Dean Stanton and Nastasia Kinski but rather of Dean Stockwell and his wife's characters and how devastated they are back in L.A. and are going to have to handle their grief and loss.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2010, 01:29:48 PM »

I spot checked all of the bonus features: everything is in high definition. Most of the featurettes are in 1080i but there were a couple of items that were the full 1080p.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »

I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Luke and the doctor playing oneupmanship with each other was REALLY tiresome, and Noah was being his usual pill self, so not a very satisfying episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2010, 01:34:03 PM »

As I was finishing up PARIS TEXAS, the doorbell rang. Yep, the UPS man brining me three Paramount TV box sets: VEGAS, DYNASTY, and the last season of J.A.G. I'm still going to take Saturday off and then I'll start on one of them on Sunday. I believe it's DYNASTY that comes out first: February 2nd and the other two come out a week later, February 9th. If that is how they fall, I'll start on DYNASTY on Sunday.

BTW, of those three, the only one I actually requested was J.A.G., but I'll go ahead and do them since I don't have anything else here. I am supposed to get Drew Barrymore's WHIP IT! next week, but who knows when it'll come in.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »

In the meantime, I'm just going to watch all the TV episodes I have on the DVR tonight and tomorrow along with the Ladies national skating championships which are also this weekend.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2010, 02:15:35 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I decided to stay at DF&H's house an extra day. I keep thinking that I haven't got much with me--just living out of a suitcase--but in reality I have a LOT more here than that. One doesn't go from pack rat to minimalist overnight. Packing always takes longer than I expect and I'm REALLY glad I have today to pack. I've been storing a lot of stuff in the basement here, and I spent the morning going through it. Some of it I will need at my new apartment; some of it I'll leave here a while longer. And since it's raining again it's best that we didn't move today.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »

I forget how much work packing is. This is a three-story house, as well, and all my stuff has to get up to ground level, ie, the top floor.

In other words, I'M POOPED!

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2010, 02:17:48 PM »

I guess I need to hop off-line and get some writing done. Then, it's back downstairs for a wonderful night of leisure TV (from the DVR, of course).

WBBL.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »

During the night a large and lovely tree came down nearby. There's a cluster of trees that shade what used to be Frank Sinatra's home. This tree was one of them. It's really a shame, as you can't easily replace large trees. The "Sinatra house" has a garden that is truly to die for--it's an absolute paradise. It is also a shade garden and needs the nearby trees.

I slept through the incident. I didn't hear a thing until the chain saws started while I was trying to meditate. I will miss the tree.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »

I will probably be without Internet service for a few days. I'll check in as I can.

VIBES TO ALL!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2010, 02:54:15 PM »

I'm up.  I'm at work!  I'm ready to start the weekend.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »

SPOILER!

Last night's Project Runway has me STUMPED!  I'm stumped, I tell you.  Stumped.

If anyone in his or her right mind can explain why Peng was allowed to stay and Pamelo was sent packing, then you're a better man (woman) than I am, Charlie Brown.

To borrow another designer's term for it, that "ass flap" should have been the final straw for Peng.

End SPOILER
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »

I will probably be without Internet service for a few days. I'll check in as I can.

VIBES TO ALL!

Are you changing out the hamsters on your generator?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2010, 02:56:10 PM »

During the night a large and lovely tree came down nearby. There's a cluster of trees that shade what used to be Frank Sinatra's home. This tree was one of them. It's really a shame, as you can't easily replace large trees. The "Sinatra house" has a garden that is truly to die for--it's an absolute paradise. It is also a shade garden and needs the nearby trees.

I slept through the incident. I didn't hear a thing until the chain saws started while I was trying to meditate. I will miss the tree.

O, Tree!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »

I'm afraid I may be a flimsy dimsy looking for true love.

Are you restless as a willow in a wind storm?

Or as jumpy as a puppet on a string?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2010, 02:59:01 PM »

Yes, the talk of those Universal DVD-Rs yesterday:

I haven't ordered yet, but I'm most anxious to get RESURRECTION, THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER, and GAMBIT. Interested to hear about their quality from those who get them first.

I know that this makes me really old, but back in my mid-20s, I recall being on the set of GAMBIT, watching MacLaine & Caine film a scene together.

Oh, back in YOUR mid-20s....not back in THE mid-20s.....(which, of course, would make you REALLY old).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:08:36 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »

Amy's packing up...Amy's moving out...

Amy's talkin' loud.
Amy's doin' fine.
Amy's gettin' hot.
Amy's goin' strong.
Amy's movin' on.
Amy packs alone.
Amy doesn't care.
Amy's lettin' loose.
Amy's got the stuff.
Amy's lettin' go.
Amy?
Amy's got the stuff.
Amy's gotta move.
Amy's gotta go.
Amy? Amy?
Amy's gotta let go.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:09:36 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2010, 03:10:53 PM »

The latest DIVA TALK on Playbill.com mentions, among other recordings, Brent Barrett's Christmas CD!  Here's the specific paragraph:

Christmas may have already passed, but thanks to Brent Barrett's new holiday recording, the sounds of the season can linger throughout the year. Barrett, whose Broadway credits include Chicago and Annie Get Your Gun, recently released his third solo recording, which is his first to focus on holiday tunes. Entitled "Christmas Mornings," the single CD is available on the Kritzerland label. Barrett is in wonderful voice, and the joy of the season comes through on the disc's 12 tracks. In addition to such holiday favorites as "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and "The Christmas Song," Barrett also wraps his lush lyric baritone around two new tunes: "A Star to Guide Me," which he co-wrote with Bernard Blanks and Barry Kleinbort, and "Christmas Mornings," penned by Blanks. Other highlights include a beautiful delivery of "O Holy Night," a wonderful pairing of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" and "A Place Called Home," a gentle "White Christmas" and a duet of "Silent Night" with songwriter Blanks. The recording features musical direction and arrangements by Christopher Denny and orchestrations by Larry Moore.

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2010, 03:19:12 PM »

What a weird day. What a really weird day. This has been a very strange and rather crappy weel. I just spoke to Randy and Jo, following a terse email from the Macbeths.

Speaking of Macbeth...a production directed by Sarah Caldwell opened on this day in 1981 at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre, and played for 61 performances (after nine previews).

Just had to share. :)

As I recall, it starred Phillip Anglim of THE ELEPHANT MAN (whatever happened to him?) abd got dreadful rviews.  I met Ms Caldwell once; she was enormous and smelled bad.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:20:43 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2010, 03:24:55 PM »

I see on imdb.com that Mr anglim is now a veterinarian.

Thanks for the Brent Barrett review, DR George.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I decided to stay at DF&H's house an extra day. I keep thinking that I haven't got much with me--just living out of a suitcase--but in reality I have a LOT more here than that. One doesn't go from pack rat to minimalist overnight. Packing always takes longer than I expect and I'm REALLY glad I have today to pack. I've been storing a lot of stuff in the basement here, and I spent the morning going through it. Some of it I will need at my new apartment; some of it I'll leave here a while longer. And since it's raining again it's best that we didn't move today.

Will you be getting some of your furniture out of storage?

Jane

« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2010, 03:56:43 PM »

MOVING VIBES DR JEANNE!!

Jane

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

HUGS DR ELMORE!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2010, 04:59:32 PM »

I'm friggin' exhausted.  I did have a spot of lunch with Cason.  We went to the Studio Cafe.  I, of course, ordered us an appetizer of wings, and told our server all drumettes, as I've done for the last, oh, seventy times I've ordered the wings.  He told me they don't have drumettes and have never had drumettes.  I told him that I've had all drumettes there every time I've been there.  He went back to check with the chef and told us no drumettes and that they've never had them.  Since Cason has had them many times we just couldn't believe they were actually trying to say this.  I then told him to go talk to his manager to confirm we indeed have had them since the day they opened.  He said the manager was out.  Then he went back one more time to the kitchen and sheepishly came back to us to say that the chef admitted he had drumettes and always had.  He just thought wings meant a both things.  Yeah.  We got all drumettes and all was well with the world.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »

I got a couple of packages today and some mail, too, so that was nice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up