Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: COVER BOY  (Read 25310 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re: COVER BOY
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 05:36:28 AM »

And the word of the day is: FRUCTUOUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  FINISHING THE HAT

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 05:37:21 AM »

As If Wizardry =====PAGE 2

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 05:37:51 AM »

BK, you said that this new book will have many pictures in it and will be available for downloading to the Kindle.  I have heard (but don't know, because I don't own one) that the Kindle doesn't include any pictures that are in books.  Do you know if this is true?

I have the first version of the Kindle that came out and while it can show images, they are low resolution.  The current two versions available are suppose to have displays with improved image resolution.  I've never seen one so I can't say by how much they've improved.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 05:38:28 AM »

From yesterday:
DR George - I hope your sister's pipe are back in proper working order.

Thanks, Jose.  The plumber came this yesterday morning and was able to find the leaking pipe fairy quickly...he only had to cut two smallish holes in the walls and turn on the water again for a few moments to find it.  It turns out that there was a t-joint with two pipes and a hose connected to it, but the hose only had a simple clamp holding it onto the joint and that just slipped off...so no burst pipes.  The plumber said that it's not supposed to be done that way.  He also said that he did see another t-joint that was done correctly, but there's no telling how many were done correctly or not.  Fortunately, my sister's insurance will cover this repair, but quite a bit of no-longer-dry drywall will have to be replaced.

Glad to hear that this was all easily fixed and the insurance is covering the damage.

And since it appears that the work was done improperly in the first place, I'm wondering if there's any additional recourse DR George's sister could and/or should take?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 05:39:43 AM »

And speaking of Breakfast and Ask BK Day...

bk - Do you agree with this list which was compiled in honor of National Pancake Month?

Best Pancakes in Los Angeles
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 05:40:41 AM »

And, yes, The Kindle can display images.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 05:42:33 AM »

The book cover picture is catchy but, yes, that other leg has to go!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 05:43:05 AM »

That almost sounds like the punchline of a joke.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 05:55:40 AM »

That almost sounds like the punchline of a joke.

And it could be a funny one, OR one that could not be shared in mixed company.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 05:56:29 AM »

Let's make up the jokes with THAT punchline.....

What did the Stage Manager say to the Stage Hand?

That other leg has to go.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 05:56:59 AM »

What did the manager of the Kentucky Fried Chicken Restaurant say to the new grill cook?

That other leg has to go.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 05:57:18 AM »

Wasted my time the last two nights watching Ghostrider and Watchmen. Thankfully I had coupons for the Blockbuster Vending machine and didn't pay anything for it.

Anyone watch either film? Opinion? Anyone watch the 4hr plus version of Watchmen?

GHOSTRIDER--I wouldnt even consider watching it.

WATCHMEN -- As someone who enjoyed the graphic novel, I found the theatrical release a frustrating experience because of what was left out.  And while I think it's visually interesting, I thought all of the performances were pretty bland and uninvolving.  I don't know what it would take to get me to sit through the director's version.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 05:57:44 AM »

The book cover picture is catchy but, yes, that other leg has to go!

I'm still trying to figure out the exact positioning and perspective of that other leg.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 06:00:23 AM »

"There's Mel, There's Woody, and There's You... And That Other Leg"
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 06:01:59 AM »

I mean... It looks like bk/you is/are sitting on the other cameraman's lap.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 06:04:00 AM »

Well...

I have a run-through, play-through with a violinist this morning, and then an appointment this afternoon, and then I think I'm attending Joshua Bell's recital at Carnegie Hall tonight.  -So my day will be beginning and ending with a violinist, I guess.  Anyhoo... 'Tis time for me to get ready to head back out into the rain.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 06:07:15 AM »

DR Jose, you are always rushing here and rushing there--are you taking time to stop and smell the roses?
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2010, 06:08:46 AM »

DR Jose, you are always rushing here and rushing there--are you taking time to stop and smell the roses?

I may not be smelling the roses, but I'm definitely sipping the hot chocolate. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2010, 06:09:56 AM »

Oh...

I'm loving The New York Times' "Lost" Watch.

**The above link is filled with SPOILERS galore - along with some fun analysis. So, only Click and Read if you want to, need to.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 06:11:12 AM »

I tossed and turned almost all night thinking about last night's episode of LOST.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 06:30:43 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept late and I am ready to face whatever fresh hell the day brings.

This morning I have the last two tallies for tomorrow's tax appointment. After that, I need to find a couple of scenes from musicals to take to an audition this afternoon. I'm hearing an excellent young baritone, Steven LaBrie, for these recordings of Victor Herbert music I am working on. I have to tape the audition for the recording's producer and send it to him in Philadelphia.

BK, the book cover is wonderful. As to PEPE, you and I went to a screening of it when I came out to mix Liz' first recording and UNSUNG SONDHEIM. We saw it, as I recall, in a garage that had been converted to a screening room.

Thank you all for the vibes for my uncle. I hope you will keep him in your thoughts and keep them vibes coming!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2010, 06:32:03 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes for DR JohnG's friend's father, DR Ginny's mother, and everyone in need! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2010, 06:32:06 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Ah, it's nice to have a morning to sip coffee in my robe and fuzzy slippers, instead of in my to-go cup.  Richard and I discovered last night that neither of us has anything on our calendars until church in Lima on Sunday.  Time for some movie dates, I think!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 06:33:40 AM »

I may not be smelling the roses, but I'm definitely sipping the hot chocolate. :)

Works for me!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2010, 06:55:50 AM »

Good morning!

There was a winter weather alert that we might get snow this morning, but when I stepped out to get the paper, I knew it was too warm to snow. I was able to squeeze in my walk, too, before the light rain start around 8. I was SO happy I could do that and not have to resort to the treadmill.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2010, 06:58:39 AM »

I watched PEPE once again the last time it was on TCM, and I think that will be the last time I watch it. I do like some of the musical sequences, but much of it for me is so downright tedious that just the thought of sitting through the entire thing again is an anathma to me.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2010, 07:00:40 AM »

Yes, I've seen both GHOST RIDER and WATCHMEN.

I did not like GHOST RIDER at all. A waste of time. Thankfully, I saw it on Starz so I hadn't watsed rental or purchase money on it.

I did enjoy the first Blu-ray release of WATCHMEN. I found the characters interesting enough and the story held my attention. But I certainly wouldn't want to see an even longer version if it. It's long enough as it, maybe too long already.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2010, 07:02:31 AM »

So far, no UPS deliveries, but I'm convinced I'm going to get something in the mail today to start reviewing again, so I hate to make any nother plans for viewing today (well, apart from watching last night's WHITE COLLAR while I eat lunch).

If nothing comes to review, I'll watch the Olympic skating from last night and the rest of AMERICAN IDOL, but I have to say if the other ladies and the men tonight are as bland and/or mediocre as I heard last night, I won't be watching the rest of this IDOL season.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 07:06:48 AM »

I did read the skating results on-line this morning. Interesting that not a single European skater landed in the top tier of skaters. They're all Asian and North American.

The European women skaters have been weak for the last few years, and it looks like these Olympics drives that point home very pointedly. Looking at last night's results, I saw several ladies in the second and third tiers of women who have been around 10 years or more on the international circuit and have never really delivered much in the way of championship results. One admires their tenacity even in the face of unwhelming results. (I'm thinking especially of the Swiss, Hungarian, Italian, and Kasikstan champions.)

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2010, 07:07:57 AM »

As usual, expect for IDOL and the Olympics, everything tonight is a rerun on network TV.

PSYCH does have a new episode on USA.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up