Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINISH LINE  (Read 13312 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE FINISH LINE
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2010, 10:24:10 AM »

PAGE THREE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »

Page 3 dance

Jane

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2010, 10:29:24 AM »

I'm obviously bored while I wait for slivered almonds to toast.

I would like to try some rich chewy brownies with a good frosting on top.  Usually I have found frosting on brownies to be too sweet or flavorless or I avoid it.  Only on the rare occasion have I enjoyed it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »

My Cereal Commercial:

Announcer: Here's Mamie Van Doren, for Kellogg's Rice Krispies!

(Kitchen table, Mamie Van Doren seated at table, pouring milk into a big bowl of Rice Krispies.

Mamie Van Doren: Hi!  I'm Mamie Van Doren.  The very first thing I like to do in the morning is sit down to a big brimming bowlfull of my favorite breakfast cereal, Kellogg's Rice Kripsies.  The Snap! Crackle! Pop! really gets me going!  After just a few spoonfulls, I'm full of energy and excitement and I'm ready to start my day.  They're so tasty and crunchy, too! Plus one big bowl of Kelloggs Rice Krispies are jam-packed with all the vitamins and minerals that I need to keep me healthy and growing!  So mothers, remember when you're walking down your grocery aisle: (Mamie holds the Rice Krispie box up along her--*ahem*-side and sings) Snap! Crackle! Pop! Rice Krispies!

Announcer:  Kelloggs' Rice Krispies--a bowl for you each morning!

Well, I guess it's not THIS ONE either.

*Who is the actress in this commercial?

Isn't that Miss Francis?
“One thing’s universal,

Julie

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2010, 10:40:23 AM »

Hi everyone!

Congrats to BK on finishing the book - that's great!

I've been busy on various projects lately.

The MAC Awards are coming along quite well.  We're having a press conference at Barnes and Noble at Lincoln Center tomorrow afternoon to announce the nominees.  Things have been busy leading up to this - I've been drafting press releases and working on some publicity things.

I also have a producer's meeting on the CLEAR BLUE TUESDAY film later today.  We've been accepted into some film festivals, so we're all very excited about that.

Otherwise, I spent this past weekend in Boston atending my niece's bat mitzvah.  She was perfect (not that I'm biased!!).  She performed the entire nearly 2 1/2 hour service mostly by herself, and much of it in Hebrew.  I was so proud of her.  And her party afterwards rocked!

I hope everyone here is doing well.  I gonna try to catch up on some posts later today and see what everyone's been up to.

A good day to all!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2010, 10:42:04 AM »

Hi Julie,

Lots of good things happening for you :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »

Mamie's audition tape for DR DtM's commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1poXHbGedm8&feature=related

If Russ was taller than Mamie, how short was she?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »

BK, I am glad you caught the misspelled first name.  I would hate to see the book authored by Burce Kimmel.
“One thing’s universal,

Julie

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2010, 10:51:31 AM »

Hi Julie,

Lots of good things happening for you :D

Hi Jane!  Yes - things have been good.
I'll report more news after I get bck from the producer's meeting.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2010, 10:56:22 AM »

I am home today.  I got up in the night to use the bathroom, and Nicky was in the way.  I wish he could figure out that I can't see in the dark even if he can see.  I stepped wide to avoid him and got tangled in my own feet.  I thought I was okay then, but when I woke up this morning i could barely get out of bed.  I called into work, took a pain pill, and went back to bed for a few hours.  Now I am walking around very gingerly (Rogers), and I need to go soak in the tub.

I am becoming a menace to my own health. 

I did want to check in on the latest to the Jewish / Baseball debate.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2010, 10:57:05 AM »

Great news, Julie!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2010, 11:01:02 AM »

DR TCB I'm so sorry you are hurting. 

BIG TIP HERE:  I use a flashlight at night when I get up so I don't trip over Sherlock, or his toys.  All you need is a little, easy to hold, flashlight so you can see in the dark.

I think the debate is over-just waiting for the results now :)

SPEEDY PAIN FREE VIBES!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »

I am home today.  I got up in the night to use the bathroom, and Nicky was in the way.  I wish he could figure out that I can't see in the dark even if he can see.  I stepped wide to avoid him and got tangled in my own feet.  I thought I was okay then, but when I woke up this morning i could barely get out of bed.  I called into work, took a pain pill, and went back to bed for a few hours.  Now I am walking around very gingerly (Rogers), and I need to go soak in the tub.

I did want to check in on the latest to the Jewish / Baseball debate.

Soak in a tub of epsom salts. And put a nightlight in your bathroom or wherever it was you got tangled. My dad, around 10 years ago, fell over one of his dogs in the garage and nearly put his eye out in the fall. That was when I really started to worry about him living alone.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2010, 11:14:43 AM »

Question for Ask BK Day...

Which cereal would you like to do a commercial for?  (pardon my dangling participle)

Y

Sugar Pops.  Do they still make that?
Yes but they are now called Corn Pops. Sugar Frosted Flakes is now Frosted Flakes and Sugar Smacks I believe is Honey Smacks
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2010, 11:17:11 AM »

Thanks Jane and elmore. I had a nightlight in the bathroom, but I got tired of it.  I really need one in the hall, but there are no outlets.  I may go the flashlight route.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »

I even use the flashlight as I walk into our bathroom, which does have a nightlight.  You can see more of the surrounding ground as you move with the flashlight.  JUST REMEMBER TO USE IT EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU DON'T NEED IT!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »

TOD

On some of your cast/concept albums you have Sound EFX of people dancing and was wondering why the choice of doing this instead of it just being "clean" (music/vocal only)

By dancing, I presume you mean tap dancing, yes?  The choice is simple and we've had as much tap dancing as I could use (usually done by the great Niki Harris) - I like the sound of it, it's theatrical, and it's grand fun.

I always enjoyed the tapping!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2010, 11:30:34 AM »

~~~Feel Better Vibes for DR TCB!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »

~~~Feel Better Vibes for DR TCB!!~~~

Thanks George.  I am just trying to figure out how Nicky found out he was named in my will?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2010, 12:23:10 PM »

TOD

On some of your cast/concept albums you have Sound EFX of people dancing and was wondering why the choice of doing this instead of it just being "clean" (music/vocal only)

By dancing, I presume you mean tap dancing, yes?  The choice is simple and we've had as much tap dancing as I could use (usually done by the great Niki Harris) - I like the sound of it, it's theatrical, and it's grand fun.
Loved her work on "Be a Santa" especially.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »

Thanks Jane and elmore. I had a nightlight in the bathroom, but I got tired of it.  I really need one in the hall, but there are no outlets.  I may go the flashlight route.

Instead of a flashflight have you ever seen those battery operated little lights. You can put them up in your house wherever you need more like.

Something sort of like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-72178-Activated-Battery-Powered/dp/B001LJNS8U/ref=pd_cp_hi_2

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2010, 12:25:57 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR TCB. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2010, 12:27:38 PM »

RE: last night's LOST

I'm not sure how i felt about it.  First off i am not sure that richard can carry a whole episode by himself. The flashback stuff was mostly really long. I did like the current stuff, especially with hurley.  There were definitely some interesting parts.  But I"m not sure i like them ignoring most of the cast. I'd rather see more people, and more island stuff.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2010, 12:30:57 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR TCB. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is very sweet of you, Jennifer.
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »

Be careful, TCB!  I have done exactly the same thing with BeeGee, who is completely impossible to see at night, and we even DO have a nightlight in both the bedroom and the bathroom.  Typically BeeGee lies right up next to the bed on Betsy's side, so I know what to expect, but every so often he stretches out sideways and I have had some very close calls in terms of falling over.  The worst part is hearing him snicker a little under his breath.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2010, 01:14:10 PM »

The world skating championships are in Turin (site of the 2006 Olympics), so the men's short program results are already posted. No huge surprises, but the Japanese are not sweeping the podium quite yet.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2010, 01:16:18 PM »

Be careful, TCB!  I have done exactly the same thing with BeeGee, who is completely impossible to see at night, and we even DO have a nightlight in both the bedroom and the bathroom.  Typically BeeGee lies right up next to the bed on Betsy's side, so I know what to expect, but every so often he stretches out sideways and I have had some very close calls in terms of falling over.  The worst part is hearing him snicker a little under his breath.  ;)

I think I did hear that JMK.  Thanks.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »

I watched AMERICAN IDOL before I started cooking lunch. There are really only three really high class PERFORMERS: Crystal, Michael, and Casey. Aaron has a good voice and if he were only a few years older, I think he could have been a real threat. The last girl who shrieks at the ends of her songs has decent ability, but those notes aren't always on pitch.

But there are at least five HOPELESS performers, and the sooner they're eliminated, the better.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2010, 01:21:06 PM »

I watched last night's SOUTHLAND while I ate lunch. WOnderful show which I really enjoyed. Only two more episodes left.

:(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up