Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FINISH LINE  (Read 13476 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE FINISH LINE
« on: March 24, 2010, 12:24:07 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes crossed the finish line, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently in Finland and hopefully crossing the Finnish line.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE FINISH LINE
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:24:53 AM »

And the word of the day is: HUMMOCK!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 12:39:07 AM »

Congrats on the finishing of the book, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 04:11:26 AM »

Morning all.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 04:21:28 AM »

TOD

On some of your cast/concept albums you have Sound EFX of people dancing and was wondering why the choice of doing this instead of it just being "clean" (music/vocal only)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 04:22:08 AM »

Looking forward to reading the book
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 04:25:40 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept fitfully last night, and it had nothing to do with my neighbor. For some reason, I tossed all night, got up several times, and had very peculiar dreams, the last one involving me and other friends I cannot recall now going to see a movie and getting separated. There was somethng involving driving directions, but it's too blurry now.

This morning I am back to the McGlinnventory, which is moving from Tuesdays and Thursdays to Wednesdays and Thursdays. Following that, I believe I will make a stop at Toyland and the pharmacy for more meds before heading back uptown. I think that's my day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 05:00:23 AM »

Our wonderful paralegal, who's supervising the McGlinnventory, just called and she's feeling under the weather today, so I'm not going downtown. I guess it will be a day at NYPL.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:41:42 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 05:43:27 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Looks like another sunny day in SW Ohio - I have a few errands and some household stuff to do.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 05:44:21 AM »

TOD

BK, have you brought your Indiana plans into focus yet?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 05:56:12 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept fitfully last night, and it had nothing to do with my neighbor. For some reason, I tossed all night, got up several times, and had very peculiar dreams, the last one involving me and other friends I cannot recall now going to see a movie and getting separated. There was somethng involving driving directions, but it's too blurry now.

This morning I am back to the McGlinnventory, which is moving from Tuesdays and Thursdays to Wednesdays and Thursdays. Following that, I believe I will make a stop at Toyland and the pharmacy for more meds before heading back uptown. I think that's my day.

I tossed and turned all night too, basically dream-sleeping the whole night.  This seems to have been happening every Tuesday night after watching LOST.  I think I am overthinking about the show...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 06:00:02 AM »

I tossed and turned all night too, basically dream-sleeping the whole night.  This seems to have been happening every Tuesday night after watching LOST.  I think I am overthinking about the show...

I cannot blame it on LOST; i've never had any desire to watch the show. I'm thinking it may be the result of the Kimball phone call.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 06:02:40 AM »

One funny thing that entered one of my many dreams last night--the jingle from an old Wheaties commercial that had the lyric "You didn't eat your Wheaties."  Now that I'm awake (kind of), I can hear the melody of the jingle but I can't recall all of the lyrics.  Now that's going to be playing in me head all day...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 06:09:11 AM »

I cannot blame it on LOST; i've never had any desire to watch the show. I'm thinking it may be the result of the Kimball phone call.

Pah-too on such phone calls! (and everything else that keeps you awake at night!)

{{{HUG}}}
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 06:11:08 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's sunny again in the DC area. -It was cold and gray all day yesterday. Meh!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 06:14:33 AM »

One funny thing that entered one of my many dreams last night--the jingle from an old Wheaties commercial that had the lyric "You didn't eat your Wheaties."  Now that I'm awake (kind of), I can hear the melody of the jingle but I can't recall all of the lyrics.  Now that's going to be playing in me head all day...

Well, I guess it wasn't THIS ONE then. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 06:16:51 AM »

...Or this one with Mary Lou Retton?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 06:17:46 AM »

Question for Ask BK Day...

Which cereal would you like to do a commercial for?  (pardon my dangling participle)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 06:23:41 AM »

Question for Ask BK Day...

Which cereal would you like to do a commercial for?  (pardon my dangling participle)

"Mmm, mmm, oatmeal! Full of oaty goodness!"
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 06:28:11 AM »

Oatmeal! Bloatmeal! Just eat it!

I feel like I'm in an episode of "Pushing Daisies" this morning. Off to a photo shoot at a place called the Texas Pie Co. One of today's flavors is strawberry peach. And there's a huge slice of pie hanging over the front of the place. Wish I could send you all slices.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 06:34:46 AM »

Oatmeal! Bloatmeal! Just eat it!

I feel like I'm in an episode of "Pushing Daisies" this morning. Off to a photo shoot at a place called the Texas Pie Co. One of today's flavors is strawberry peach. And there's a huge slice of pie hanging over the front of the place. Wish I could send you all slices.

DR John G - Whole pies are easier to ship. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 06:34:57 AM »

Yumm! Strawberry Peach Pie. My favorite pie is Pecan but I'll force down a slice of Strawberry Peach

Laura

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 06:35:47 AM »

Dear JohnG, Please post photos.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:41:39 AM by Laura »
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 06:38:17 AM »

Yumm! Strawberry Peach Pie. My favorite pie is Pecan but I'll force down a slice of Strawberry Peach

DR Ben, we'll have to do another video night.

FJL

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 06:50:54 AM »

I don't ever want to see evil and guilty people go free.  but in a very controversial case in the news which I shall not name because it's a highly volatile case, it seems they've frozen the accused's assets so that there will be money to compensate the victims, assuming he's found guilty. 

But since the assets are frozen, he had to let his lawyer go since he can't afford his lawyer.

If this stands up, what's to stop the government/prosecution from using this reason (that the money is needed to compensate the victims) to freeze any defendant's funds, and as a result keep that defendant from getting a vigorous defense?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 06:54:42 AM »

And the word of the day is: HUMMOCK!

And The Song Of The Day Is: THE OLD RED HILLS OF HOME

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 06:58:41 AM »

Good morning!

CHilly this morning (38) but the walk was bracing and enjoyable. It's going to be a gorgeous day here with highs in the mid-70s.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 06:59:56 AM »

The UPS drove right past my window this morning, so I guess I'm not getting anything review-wise today.

This is fine with me since I have selected my films that I'll watch for sure today: THE SINGING KID with Al Jolson (which I've never seen) and THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER (which I have seen but not in 15 or 20 years).

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 07:01:03 AM »

HUMAN TARGET has a new episode tonight, and, of course, UGLY BETTY continues on its road to its last episode.

ABC's comedy slate is all new before UGLY BETTY, too, so I can't wait to see the new MODERN FAMILY. The rerun at 8 p.m. is also a funny show.

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 07:01:05 AM »

BK interesting and i think wise decision about Bruce Vilanch's blurb.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up