HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO HHW!!!!!!

Cillaliz

Re: TEN
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 08:05:34 AM »

PAGE 2 ANNIVERSARY DANCE ~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 08:08:13 AM »

This site and the people here mean a lot to me.  I spend a lot of time alone - well, alone with cats, lol.  When I can log on and read posts or converse or just be silly with the great people here, that "alone" time isn't lonely.   In many ways I feel like this is my family.  Thanks so much for being here.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 08:09:21 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Each time bk asks this question, I always have to resort to some creative searching and Googling in order to find my first post. I really should just bookmark it. -Which I now have.

It doesn't exactly explain the why of I first came here to HHW, but it does include my first post:

09/03/2002 - "OUT OF THE LOOP"
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 08:10:33 AM »

I think my most memorable times are my first HHW gathering in Portland.  I knew then that I would get together with Hainesies and Kimlets whenever I could.  The first New York walking and eating tour was a blast....and the central park tour.  You guys were so great to my nephew Jon and in many ways gave him his own "it get's better" moment.  He's a different person now..much happier and I think some of that came from the people he met and what he saw in New York.

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 08:11:28 AM »

Hmmm Let's see...the Today Show and makeovers with Ginny, Danise and Jane...that was really fun. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »

Meeting Bruce in L.A.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 08:12:30 AM »

The Fabulously fun time going to Brain and Starfighter and introducing my niece Samantha to NYC and the group...

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 08:13:10 AM »

And of course the host of all hosts, DR Jose who always makes a trip to NYC a fun time.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 08:13:11 AM »

DR elmore - You forgot to mention the bed bugs. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 08:14:03 AM »

Bed bugs are one of the reasons I haven't been to NYC lately....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 08:14:08 AM »

And of course the host of all hosts, DR Jose who always makes a trip to NYC a fun time.

Aw, <blush>
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 08:14:35 AM »

Oh, the dinners at Fred and Skip's place are also a highlight

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 08:15:21 AM »

I guess any time I spend with the wonderful people on this site is a highlight.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2010, 08:27:28 AM »

SO, Edith is still out. She said she can make it to the bathroom herself, but her back is still bad.   There is a lot of work to do but nothing on the calendar today except a webinar in the afternoon and I'm feeling like it's a good time to take off for awhile.

I am discovering that I really do speak Spanish. I'm not perfect but have been able to have conversations every time the phone rings, lol.  I left my cell phone at home and really don't want to be here....so I think I'll go to Petco, pick up some litter and cat food and go get my cell phone then go out for lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 08:28:33 AM »

It's funny, I have traveled either the end of October or beginning of November for years.  Maybe there's a reason for that....my mind certainly doesn't feel like working today,.

Ben

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2010, 08:34:41 AM »

Looks like this was my first post in May of 2002. It took a little digging but here it is. It wasn't late 2002 it was mid-2002 so it's more like 8 and a half years I've been here

THE STRAIGHT SKINNY 05/22/02

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2010, 08:36:09 AM »

I was urged to check out HHW by both DR JRand (who I met via Ebay) and former DR DenMother (who I met 'cause I was interviewing her for a magazine article).

I don't recall the date (I think it was in 2002), but I first entered the HHW sphere when the old board was in use. We used to do a lot of live chats back then, which were always a lot of fun!

I have had the good fortune to experience two wonderful HHW get-to-gethers in NYC and several in Los Angeles as well as one each in Portland and Tacoma....such great memories for me!!!

Many DRs have come and gone, and some of them I really miss.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2010, 08:45:15 AM »

I'm sure Job can't remember all of his miseries either!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »

I was urged to check out HHW by both DR JRand (who I met via Ebay) and former DR DenMother (who I met 'cause I was interviewing her for a magazine article).

I don't recall the date (I think it was in 2002), but I first entered the HHW sphere when the old board was in use. We used to do a lot of live chats back then, which were always a lot of fun!

I have had the good fortune to experience two wonderful HHW get-to-gethers in NYC and several in Los Angeles as well as one each in Portland and Tacoma....such great memories for me!!!

Many DRs have come and gone, and some of them I really miss.

MBarnum...check out DR Ben's link...that was the "original" forum.  No live chats then, as I recall.  The forum we have now, although upgraded and migrated a time or two, is the one that allowed live chats.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2010, 08:56:27 AM »

I'm sure Job can't remember all of his miseries either!

Job?  Rank amateur!

;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:59:24 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2010, 09:00:04 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Each time bk asks this question, I always have to resort to some creative searching and Googling in order to find my first post. I really should just bookmark it. -Which I now have.

It doesn't exactly explain the why of I first came here to HHW, but it does include my first post:

09/03/2002 - "OUT OF THE LOOP"

Wow, what a walk down memory lane that link was!   Thanks, DR Jose for sharing!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2010, 09:01:30 AM »

After reading the info in DR Jose's link, I think it was right around that time that I began posting.  What a ride it has been.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2010, 09:01:38 AM »

Congratulations, Bruce, on your 10th Anniversary of this here Forum/Blog!
I shall don a pointy hat and eat ham chunks and cheese in your honor!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2010, 09:16:38 AM »

Good Afternoon!

And...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2010, 09:21:29 AM »

DR Cillaliz, I'm curious who you and your mom are cheering for/voting for on Dancing With the Stars. I am Jennifer and Derek all the way.

Well, Mom doesn't like Maks, so she won't cheer for anyone he dances with. I tend to go for the underdogs and right now I'm liking Kyle and Lacey (I've never really liked Lacey before this season, but she's doing a great job with Kyle).  He's not the best dancer but to me, he really is the most entertaining.  I think Jennifer and Derek are the best dancers and I would be very happy if they won it.

I always liked Lacey since I remember her from being a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance.  I like Maks, but don't love him. I thought what happened last night was really inappropriate on his part (and Carrie Ann was pretty mean too). I never cared for Anna until last season. Now I really like her. I liked Mark a lot when he was with Kristi. Not liking him that much this year. I always love Derek. To me he is the best choreographer.

I agree that Kyle was great last night.I really hope he is not going home tonight. Dialidol thinks it is him or Kurt (although they aren't definitive).

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2010, 09:26:32 AM »

Tonight I am going out for free food.

The place where my parents get their cars is having an open house with lots of food. And since my parents are out of town I am going to bring in their coupon to get stamped (you get money off the next time you bring your car in).  Since the place is only 5 minutes away I think it's better than making food.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 09:27:12 AM »

My first post was a bit splashy/trashy/brashy a day after the Oscars ceremony in 2002.   Bruce had found me being assailed over at rec.movies,music (or is it rec.music.movies?) for deigning to have an opinion and suggested I'd find a more amenable crowd at his site.

This first post was in no way introductory...I just jumped right in...and offended at least one poster.  It was enough to keep me silent a while...(not that it "took" or anything):

http://www.haineshisway.com/archives/00000140.html

Finally, I had an opportunity to introduce myself and took full advantage:

http://www.haineshisway.com/archives/00000154.html

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2010, 09:32:37 AM »

Tonight I am going out for free food.

The place where my parents get their cars is having an open house with lots of food. And since my parents are out of town I am going to bring in their coupon to get stamped (you get money off the next time you bring your car in).  Since the place is only 5 minutes away I think it's better than making food.

DR Jennifer:  Is this place a drive-in?  Or...do they seat the cars?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 10:59:42 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2010, 09:37:31 AM »

Always love these stories.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up