Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YEAR IN REVIEW  (Read 17829 times)

Ginny

Re: THE YEAR IN REVIEW
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »

Yep, it's confirmed - 4.2 earthquake centered near Kokomo, Indiana, just before 8am EST.

No doubt caused by THE BEACH BOYS.

USGS downgraded it to 3.8.

Hope you're feeling better, DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2010, 04:08:17 PM »

Vibes of get wellness to all sick HHWers!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Get Well Vibes for DR MBarnum! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2010, 04:13:43 PM »

DRs, I need your help with something that's driving me battier than usual: there are, I would swear, about 3-5 commercials playing on the tv with the samer song. The lyric is mostly unintelligible but  it's something like "Holiday . . . the best time/day(?) of the year." What is this?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2010, 04:18:26 PM »

So sorry to hear that DR TCB has been ill.  I hope your feeling better. 

Thank you ,everyone, I am feeling better.  But then I didn't know I was sick until I woke up in the night.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2010, 04:19:13 PM »

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2010, 04:21:17 PM »

Vibes of get wellness to all sick HHWers!

DITTO!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »

DR TCB I'm very pleased to know you are feeling better.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2010, 04:23:34 PM »

At 12:30 PM today it was 52 degrees.  It is now 6:08 and it's 21 degrees!  It was pretty cool, it was bright and sunny and you could see the front coming.  The thermometer on my car just started falling....

Danise

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2010, 04:24:01 PM »

Thanks for heating vibes, DR Jane.   The problem is, I'm not 100% sure that is a problem.  I'm still not used to having Central heat and air so I'm not sure how it works.   

It's warm now-- 68 degrees so I don't have it on.  Overnight the weatherman said it will go down in the upper 50's by morning so I am going to put it on when I go to bed and set it to 67 again.  We'll just have to see what happens.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2010, 04:24:13 PM »

DR TCB I'm very pleased to know you are feeling better.

Thanks Jane.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »

Thanks for heating vibes, DR Jane.   The problem is, I'm not 100% sure that is a problem.  I'm still not used to having Central heat and air so I'm not sure how it works.   

It's warm now-- 68 degrees so I don't have it on.  Overnight the weatherman said it will go down in the upper 50's by morning so I am going to put it on when I go to bed and set it to 67 again.  We'll just have to see what happens.

Perhaps the central heating was set for p.m. when it should be a.m.?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2010, 04:27:20 PM »

Oh, I'm wrong at 6:13 it's 17 degrees

Danise

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2010, 04:33:15 PM »

I don't think mine works with a timer.    It's just heat/cool  auto/fan and a button to set the target temp. up or down. 

And 17 degrees is way, way, way, way (that's FOUR) to cold for a hot house flower like me!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2010, 04:34:27 PM »

Back from part one of my field trip, which yielded some interesting information but nothing I can use just yet - I'll do part two over the weekend when there's no danger of any traffic, perhaps Sunday.

Danise

« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2010, 04:35:59 PM »

DRs, I need your help with something that's driving me battier than usual: there are, I would swear, about 3-5 commercials playing on the tv with the samer song. The lyric is mostly unintelligible but  it's something like "Holiday . . . the best time/day(?) of the year." What is this?

Does it go like "It's the most wonderful time of the year--with the kids jingle jangling and everyone telling you be of good cheer.  It's the most wonderful time of the year" or some such?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2010, 04:36:37 PM »

Thanks for heating vibes, DR Jane.   The problem is, I'm not 100% sure that is a problem.  I'm still not used to having Central heat and air so I'm not sure how it works.  

DR Danise, make sure the the switch has been moved from "cool" to "heat"  if not your furnace won't kick on. your fan should be set to "auto" unless you want it to run all the time, then you set it to "on".   And if you have a programable thermostat, make sure you put it on the temperature you want and hit hold.  That should do for now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »

Had a lovelier than lovely lunch with dear reader Jeanne at Hugo's, which contained this classic Jeanne moment:  Jeff Goldblum is walking from his table to the front door, saying hi to several people as he does.  I say, "Oh, there's Jeff Goldblum."  Jeanne looks around, doesn't really know WHERE to look despite the very tall and distinctive Mr. Goldblum, finally focuses on him and then turns back to me and utters this classic - "I don't know who he is."

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2010, 04:38:04 PM »

Also 67 degrees is pretty cold for a hot house flower.  You won't need the heat too often down there, you may want to try setting it in the 70s just to see if it's working

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2010, 04:38:06 PM »

DR Elmore - HOLIDAY, by Vampire Weekend?

That's it! How did you know that? You don't strike me as a Vampire Weekend fan.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2010, 04:39:17 PM »

Jeanne, LOL. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »

I don't think mine works with a timer.    It's just heat/cool  auto/fan and a button to set the target temp. up or down. 

And 17 degrees is way, way, way, way (that's FOUR) to cold for a hot house flower like me!

How in the heck are you ever going to see snow, if you continue to be a hot house flower?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2010, 04:40:03 PM »

I am roasting the other half of the turkey I made at Thanksgiving.  MAN! it smells good in here

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »

I came home early after not getting much done today.  I brought a paper box full of work home.  I really have to write and most of it won't take long if I just do it.  SO, I'm going to set up my desk tomorrow while it snows and write and write until I can write no more

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2010, 04:41:52 PM »

Had a lovelier than lovely lunch with dear reader Jeanne at Hugo's, which contained this classic Jeanne moment:  Jeff Goldblum is walking from his table to the front door, saying hi to several people as he does.  I say, "Oh, there's Jeff Goldblum."  Jeanne looks around, doesn't really know WHERE to look despite the very tall and distinctive Mr. Goldblum, finally focuses on him and then turns back to me and utters this classic - "I don't know who he is."

;D ;D  ROTFLMAO!   ;D ;D
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »

Thanks for heating vibes, DR Jane.   The problem is, I'm not 100% sure that is a problem.  I'm still not used to having Central heat and air so I'm not sure how it works.  

DR Danise, make sure the the switch has been moved from "cool" to "heat"  if not your furnace won't kick on. your fan should be set to "auto" unless you want it to run all the time, then you set it to "on".   And if you have a programable thermostat, make sure you put it on the temperature you want and hit hold.  That should do for now.
  Thanks.  I'll double check but I'm sure that's how I had it set when I went to bed last night.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2010, 04:42:29 PM »

I left after the temperature started plummeting. I needed to get cat food and make a major grocery store trip.  I really want to go to a Party I've been invited to tomorrow night, but I may have to find a ride from someone as I don't think my Prius will make it up the long and winding road that leads to my friends' house

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »

I accidentally shut Ricky in the mud room for about an hour tonight.  I couldn't imagine why he was letting Boo have so much time with me.  Now I dont' know where he is....better go look

Danise

« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »

I am roasting the other half of the turkey I made at Thanksgiving.  MAN! it smells good in here
  We must be on the same wavelength because I pulled my left over frozen Thanksgiving turkey out and had it for dinner as well!  And it did make the house smell good too. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »

How in the heck are you ever going to see snow, if you continue to be a hot house flower?
  Thru the window, of course!  ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up