Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ARRANGEMENT  (Read 11493 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE ARRANGEMENT
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 09:19:42 AM »

I'm up.  I was hoping to sleep until ten, but the phone rang at eight-thirty, awakening me from one of the weirdest dreams ever.  I was directing some Irving Berlin revue or evening, and Mr. Berlin was making an appearance - in the dream, his brain and face had been grafted onto another person who now made appearances, although he seemed as old as Mr. Berlin would be know, had to have oxygen, and could only tell one story at a time then need an hour break.  At one point Hugh Hefner came in the room and said hi to me.  Go know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 09:20:53 AM »

As to the Tony noms, the other shut out would have been Baby, It's You if this season had any other musical with a decent starring role in a musical (other than the three who were nominated) - Beth, who is wonderful, was assured that nomination no matter what.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »

And the word of the day is: CALQUE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  TRIPLETS

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 09:47:58 AM »

I'm up.  I was hoping to sleep until ten, but the phone rang at eight-thirty, awakening me from one of the weirdest dreams ever.  I was directing some Irving Berlin revue or evening, and Mr. Berlin was making an appearance - in the dream, his brain and face had been grafted onto another person who now made appearances, although he seemed as old as Mr. Berlin would be know, had to have oxygen, and could only tell one story at a time then need an hour break.  At one point Hugh Hefner came in the room and said hi to me.  Go know.

What does the Dream Meter have to say about this one?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »

TOD: I have several of Mamet's plays in print, but haven't gotten around to reading them.

But I love many of his movies:

Things Change
Homicide
Spanish Prisoner
Winslow Boy
House of Cards

But I am not a fan of Mrs. Mamet II, Rebecca Pigeon. She always seems to me to be an enormous black hole, sucking life out of anything she's in, including "RED." I once saw an album of hers and should have bought it (it was only $1). Anybody heard it?  

Ditto for his first wife,  Lindsay Crouse, word for word.  I bet it was she who inspired his whole "Actors should just stand there and recite my script" school of acting.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 10:06:18 AM »

But the funny thing about actors and Mamet is that they'll line up to do just that.  And they certainly would not do it for any other writer and director even if they were better than that.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »

It's probably because you get a certain kind of actor "cred" for doing Mamet.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 10:14:45 AM »

No, no, Mamet!
That's all I hear!
I get it the whole day through..."
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 11:03:46 AM »

I woke up at 5:30 this morning when Ricky came racing across my room, pounced on me and chased the lights from a car that were going across the wall...he went onto the bookcase and knocked a lamp over.   Needless to say it woke me up, but it was really pretty funny.   Then I started thinking...what if he was really chaing a bat?   So, I've been up since 5:30...no bat, whew!

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2011, 11:06:13 AM »

I am SOOO excited to see Elton John tonight.   I remember first hearing his music wafting from my brother's room...he was a fanatic when he was in high school.  I remember pizza at Jake's when I was in jr. high with his music blaring on the juke box...and his songs have been around ever since.   For me, he's one of the artists in the soundtrack of my life. His concert is a greatest hits concert.  No opening act, 3 hours, no intermission....should be fun!

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 11:07:17 AM »

And it's his first concert since THE wedding.   Not that it means anything, but we get a kick out of the idea of leaving a royal wedding and going to Sioux City

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 11:07:27 AM »

Back to work....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »

I am SOOO excited to see Elton John tonight.   I remember first hearing his music wafting from my brother's room...he was a fanatic when he was in high school.  I remember pizza at Jake's when I was in jr. high with his music blaring on the juke box...and his songs have been around ever since.   For me, he's one of the artists in the soundtrack of my life. His concert is a greatest hits concert.  No opening act, 3 hours, no intermission....should be fun!

Have a great time, Cilla!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2011, 12:27:57 PM »

I don't know from Mamet.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2011, 12:43:09 PM »

DR JMK - Here's a basic TIMELINE of the events from the New York Times (scroll down).

They left out Kynt and Viksyn being eliminated on THE AMAZING RACE
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2011, 12:47:04 PM »

Concert vibes for DR CILLA LIZ.....I have only seen Sir Elton once......when he a Billy Joel were doing a tour together.....it was quite the show!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2011, 12:47:30 PM »

That's a lovely photo of Ms Vickers that DR MBARNUM posted.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »

MR BK - the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that your dream indicates that you plan on following your career path until you shuffle off this mortal coil, and that helping others reach career goals, particularly in music, is high on your list of priorities.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2011, 12:49:34 PM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »

And there's the missing Robin Williams, too.

That's the best Robin Williams I know of...the "missing" one.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »

Sarah Palin, in a speech yesterday, accredited the death of Bin Laden to "our President Bush".

Delusional, in addition to being a twit.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2011, 02:00:52 PM »

Post deleted.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:13:58 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2011, 02:03:02 PM »

I am green with envy! I hope he sings "Crocodile Rock" and "Daniel"!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »

And I expect a full report tomorrow, young lady!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2011, 02:05:41 PM »

My beloved Andy Borowitz weighs in on the bin Laden situation. He makes me laugh, and I think even DR MBarnum will find it a hoot:
http://www.borowitzreport.com/

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »

Back from a two and a half mile jog, a sandwich and a few onion rings (I left half of them), picking up no packages, and doing a few errands and whatnot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »

I came home to find a paypal "dispute" - one of our lovely customers said he always receives our CDs three days after he orders them.  Now, that is, of course, not possible, since he always preorders when I do the castrecl pre-announcement.  But he opens this dispute and says he hasn't received his item, which is - wait for it - CAMELOT, which, clearly stated on the Kritzerland site and in our announcements, doesn't ship officially until the second week of June.  We'll probably have them by the end of next week, a month early.  He also sent me an e-mail, so I responded in both places saying it was most unseemly to open a dispute when a) there has never been a problem before, b) before I even have a chance to respond to his e-mail, and c) when the item isn't supposed to ship for over a month.  I told him that if he didn't remove the dispute immediately, I would cancel his order and he could purchase it and any other CDs that he might want in the future elsewhere.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2011, 02:11:37 PM »

???

It's on the cover of a tabloid at my market. Could it be false? What would Kathy Griffin do if Oprah admitted it?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:14:28 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2011, 02:13:33 PM »

Could it be false? Have I jumped the gun?

I'll remove my post, DR George, if you will remove yours. I can find no verification of this rumor I'm spreading. I still think she's gay.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2011, 02:15:16 PM »

We had a great production meeting and I have a lot of writing in the next week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up