Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MEAT OF THE NOTES  (Read 25822 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:THE MEAT OF THE NOTES
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2003, 10:26:22 AM »

Quick Reply up the post number?

YES!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2003, 10:30:14 AM »

Did I say my favorite chicken was pineapple chicken? I must have been delusional.  Because of course as DR Maya pointed out, my favorite favorite chicken dish is General Taos chicken.

Btw, I love the quick-reply posting method. It is much faster. And i use it if I'm just gonna write something quick and not use any of the fancy stuff.

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2003, 10:35:22 AM »

DR Emily wrote:
Ooh I am going to receive Avenue Q and Zanna Don't today from Andrea - my cutoms cheater associate.

Did we pay customs fees?  No!  Thanks Jennifer for the hint!

No problemo.  Of course it works (the idea of sending stuff to someone else in your house or a friend as a gift).  But remember if it ever fails, you can use the customs slip and show them their error (that they charged you fees on a gift) and they will give you back your money. And fast too.

Btw, re: fried chicken. I don't think I've ever tried friend chicken, other than KFC.  I've always wanted to make it. Does anyone have an easy, delicious recipe?

Btw2, I love the term karmalicious.  Hopefully soon I'll be feeling very karmalicous! :)

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2003, 10:35:32 AM »

Jennifer,
Strangely your message to me regarding posting pictures came to me via my AOL e-mail, and I replyed that way...but I guess I should have replyed via the HHW mailbox...unfortunately I already deleted the duplicate message of yours that was in there. Anyway, just didn't want you to think I had ignored your plea for help! LOL!

Glad you have the hang of it now!

PS: Regarding Survivor...I really want that annoying John guy to be kicked off...followed by Sean...and I want Andrew and Ryan and Tijuana to be in the final 3.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2003, 10:50:14 AM »

Mbarnum wrote:
Jennifer,
Strangely your message to me regarding posting pictures came to me via my AOL e-mail, and I replyed that way...but I guess I should have replyed via the HHW mailbox...unfortunately I already deleted the duplicate message of yours that was in there. Anyway, just didn't want you to think I had ignored your plea for help! LOL!

Glad you have the hang of it now!

I didn't realize that the actual text of the message sent to the HHW box appears in the warning email that comes from HHW (saying we have a new message). So what happens if you respond to that? Where does it go? I guess not to me :)

MBarnum also wrote:
PS: Regarding Survivor...I really want that annoying John guy to be kicked off...followed by Sean...and I want Andrew and Ryan and Tijuana to be in the final 3.

I hate Tijuana (is she the black girl who is youngish and slim and SO annoying?).  Is Andrew the guy they call Savage?

So far I don't know who I want to win. I liked Rupert, but now I don't like him as much.  There are many annoying people!

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2003, 10:51:46 AM »

I'm sitting here in the library during lunch, and I'm SOOO bored. My voice is halfway coming back, this morning I boiled water and inhaled the steam for about an hour. It seemed to have helped, as I went from mute to speaking. Right now a bunch of girls who are fasting for Ramadan are giggling VERY loudly next to me and keep saying "SHHHHHHHHH" very loudly and I'm getting very annoyed. I realize that they can't eat for religious reasons, so they're coming in here for lunch, but they could at least be courteous to those of us who are...working...:)

My favorite food in the WHOLE world is mashed potatos. (If I spelled that wrong, I'm sorry. I'm in a bit of a rush.) I LOOOVE them! ANd fried chicken is OK, but it's not my favorite. I'll post more later IF I can, we'll see.

WB Sandra! I'm writing a paper on Leo too, and I'm not enjoying it one bit. I would try to make it interesting like you did, but my teacher is a royal pain in the butt, and she'd probably fail me. Not that she GAVE us the topic, I can write about whatever I want, but she grades opinions, and she's not in the greatest of moods.

Apparently, Leo DV was arrested at age 24 for having sex with an animal. In public.

Aren't I full of useful information? I'm typing really fast, so if this is full of typos, I'm sorry. Can't be caught doing non-research in the library. Librarians are evil. I'm being stared down at this very moment by one, and I feel like hiding. Scary!

Oh and I got my choir dress for show choir, and it's be-yoooo-tiful. Fun stuff.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Ben

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2003, 10:53:40 AM »

I'm listening to the Halloween edition of the radio show. There is a great version of Ding Dong, The Wicked Witch is Dead! Hot Stuff. As usual, Donald, good job. Can't wait till we have some of the shows archived so I can re-listen and listen to those I missed. Hoo and Ray.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2003, 11:03:19 AM »

Oh, DR Jay, I cannot handle house problems when they come in bunches like that. I would be in the depths of depression over so many bad things happening at once. I can handle a refrigerator konking out after 20 years (happened to me in summer of 2002) or the pipes under my sink finally needing replacing after 22 years (happened three weeks ago), but to have one thing after another happen is just SO galling. My heart goes out to you.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ben

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2003, 11:05:57 AM »

Oh, my, not only do we get new stuff (the version of Ding Dong), we also get Follies (the original Broadway cast) and Forever Plaid. If you haven't listened to the Radio Show yet, get over there and do it!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2003, 11:08:30 AM »

Between today's topic (and the constant talking about FOOD here on HHW), Juliana's Journal, and watching "Sex and the City", I'm constantly hungry!!!  Favorite chicken has got to be fried chicken and Sesame Chicken.  However, lately, lunch has been chicken nuggets dipped in BBQ ranch dressing.  It's heaven.

For those DR's who have listened to "Zanna, Don't" what is your reaction, content wise, music wise?  IMHO, (Internet lingo for... oh you know) while shows with gay content are always fun to have, one that is in your face as much as the music is from "Zanna Don't" is a bit over the top for my taste.  

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2003, 11:15:36 AM »

I don't care much for Zanna Don't.  It's a good IDEA for a musical, rather than a good musical.  And when your main character is an angel (or something like that) well, nothing interesting is going to happen to him.

On the other hand, Avenue Q is, as I've been saying now for four and a half years, the real deal.  A musical comedy that actually makes you laugh.  Who could ask for anything more?
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2003, 11:24:27 AM »

Btw. I don't think I've ever tried friend chicken, other than KFC.  

You Canadians scare me some times, with your choice of foods!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2003, 11:24:33 AM »

Didn't see Zanna, Don't but I have to admit that when I heard about it, I thought it was not a show for me, only because it would seem the whole idea will run dry pretty quickly. I was surprised at the excellent reviews and the length of the run. I'm glad it was successful, but I still don't know if I would enjoy it.

DR Noel, couldn't agree more. I love Avenue Q. I recommend it all the time. I have to go back because I missed many things the first time because I (and the audience) was laughing so much.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 11:25:32 AM by Ben »

td

• td
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2003, 11:36:37 AM »

This should satisfy some curiousity. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2003, 11:38:08 AM »

DR TCB commented on the fact that i haven't eaten fried chicken:
You Canadians scare me some times, with your choice of foods!

Maybe Emily can back me up here.  But I don't think there are many places here that serve fried chicken.  I cannot recall any restaurant I have ever been to (other than KFC, or for us PFK - poulet frit kentucky) that serves friend chicken.

Maybe people here don't like it!

Who knows. But I know where to get poutine ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2003, 11:40:58 AM »

Oooh, thanks for the Jeff Richards fix TD!!!

Which reminds me, is THE OPPOSITE SEX on DVD yet? Seems to me I had heard something somewhere about it being released..or maybe it was my imagination! Fun movie!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2003, 11:43:15 AM »

The reason why I am off to Orlando again next week is that I have been watching the birth of a new musical over the past few year. I saw its second production at the late Disney Institute and a couple of readings since then. They had a reading/workshop in NYC this past winter and the creators were hard at work revising the show.

The musical is called HOLMES and it is a brand new story of Sherlock Holmes. My friend Mr. Gary Life is playing Moriarity a role he is has been doing since its inception through all its productions and readings. He is once again playing the role next weekend and I am looking forward to seeing the changes.

I will have a report on it next Sunday.

I think I have a CD of this show!  I got it from Footlight.com and there are a couple or three live tracks in amongst the studio recording.  It's been a while since I listened to it.  I'm very interested in hearing how it goes.

About chicken dishes:  Schwann's frozen food people have a Southwestern Style Chicken Meal Kit (everything, including the chicken, is in one bag--just heat and serve) that's very good.  It has "tender chicken breast strips with long grain rice, black beans, cut corn, bell pepper strips, and fire roasted onions [and is] seasoned with a mild salsa sauce."  Very good and very low fat.  Otherwise, I like the Dairy Queen chicken strip basket.  Very bad for you, but very good tasting (when the chicken is fresh).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2003, 11:48:26 AM »

Oooh, thanks for the Jeff Richards fix TD!!!

Which reminds me, is THE OPPOSITE SEX on DVD yet? Seems to me I had heard something somewhere about it being released..or maybe it was my imagination! Fun movie!

I was sorta hoping that it would be a picture from [move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]ISLAND OF LOST WOMEN [/move] but. . .

THE OPPOSITE SEX hasn't been dvd-ed yet, Warner now has the rights. . .maybe they'll do a DOLORES GRAY collection. . .

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2003, 11:49:39 AM »

Leonardo had sex with an animal in public?  I should think it's best to have sex with animals in private, but then again, I don't really know about such things.  

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2003, 11:51:37 AM »

Question for BK and Craig:  Re: the news that I see in the top right corner.

When I look there now I see today's date. But when I see the news about Juliana's journal, isn't that yesterday's news (cause I read them then).  Since there have been new entries everyday it's hard to know when the "news" is from today or yesterday. Is this making any sense?  Is it possible to say when the news is posted?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2003, 11:53:17 AM »

It was such a relief to find that der Brucer was writing about real chicken.  He wouldn't let me look over his shoulder while he was writing his post.  (If he had, there wouldn't have been as many typos, but that's something else again.   ;D)

When it comes to fried chicken, I've been having very good luck with Alton Brown's recipe.  I admit, the first time I tried it I didn't have any buttermilk on hand, but I did have some plain yogurt, which I thinned with milk, and it came out fairly good that way, but it works better with buttermilk.  

Chicken, it seems, goes with practically everything flavorwise.  It would probably even go well with jelly beans, although I haven't tried it yet.  But there is one thing chicken does not go well with, and that is der Brucer's daughter, who will not eat chicken under any circumstances.  It's a food phobia, impossible to explain and irritating as hell.  Once, when der Brucer was cooking dinner for her family (I wasn't there, this is from his report), he was serving something totally innocent like pork chops with Stove Top Stuffing.  The store was out of pork flavored stuffing, however, so he bought chicken flavor instead.  The conniption fit she threw when she discovered that it was chicken flavor stuffing was frightening, to say the least.  "I can't eat that, it has CHICKEN in it!"  Has anyone ever explained to this demented lassie that most canned soups have chicken stock in them?  That eggs come from chickens?  That chicken is used in all sorts of processed foods, and that the only way to avoid chicken entirely is to prepare dinners from scratch, which would be healthier for her to try but she's too lazy?

Sheesh!

That's one reason I can't wait to get to the East Coast, so that I can teach her two sons what real food, and real chicken, tastes like.  Food is not something to be afraid of, it should be embraced...well, metaphorically speaking, the laundry bills get hefty when the embracing is actual.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2003, 11:57:47 AM »

The news revolves and can include new and old items.  The Juliana is from yesterday, I think, the chat has been up for a few days as a reminder.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2003, 12:00:17 PM »

Now Jennifer, are we talking about fried chicken or friend chicken?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2003, 12:04:39 PM »

Which one was Jeff Richards?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2003, 12:06:23 PM »

I can see that Mr. Mark Bakalor has been busy answering your questions on the tech board, so check it out.

Tomovoz

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2003, 12:10:07 PM »

A pre-breakfast Good Morning all. AH! 'Tis indeed wonderful to be off "dial-up" internet and to have this techno thingy I use back working as I think it is supposed to - As DR TCB will no doubt understand(!) I shall be away for most of the day (Maybe that is why my radio is playing the Ned Miller song "Do What You Do Do Well".  Maybe I shall have some chicken for lunch.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2003, 12:14:16 PM »

Still checking the notes. Good luck with the resizing TCB. I remember getting some strange emails on that very topic.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2003, 12:14:34 PM »

RE The fires in Southern California: Today looks better outside than it did yesterday, when the light had a definate orange cast to it.  It's overcast right now, but not what it was, and the air doesn't taste as smoky.

That doesn't make the devastation from the brushfires easier to take today than from before.  From what I've read, over 800 homes have been lost so far.  Some of this was preventable; when it became clear that we were going to get little rain this year, people should have been more careful and cleared away the dead brush around their homes.  Unfortunately, too often people don't take precautions like that, and when the fires start, homes are lost.  And even those who took precautions themselves have been threatened by the fires.

I've been absolutely sickened by reports that looters have come into neighborhoods where residents have been evacuated.

The fires themselves are only the first part of the devastation, however.  During the coming winter and spring, there is a real danger of mudslides when the rains hit, because the ground cover won't have had a chance to grow in to protect the soil.  I remember this from a brushfire that hit the foothills of Burbank when I was a twig/sprig.  The street I lived on was lucky, as the rain runoff skipped us due to a geographic quirk, but many homes nearby that had escaped fire damage were hit by torrents of water and mud, bringing a second round of woe.

Here's hoping none of the DRs ever have to go though this in their lives.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2003, 12:16:04 PM »

Lunch time! Hurray!

Tuna salad sandwich, baby carrots, and a lovely coffee that my boss brought in for me (my boss brings a coffee in for each of us on our specified day...my day is Monday! But she was late today so I didn't get it until just now! She is a wonderful boss!!)

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2003, 12:20:29 PM »

So now I have a new dumb question--why is my picture fuzzy when everyone else's is sharp as a tack.  Even that pic I put in the post is sharp.  But my profile pic isn't.  This isn't a Dorian Gray type thing is it, because I am feeling a little fuzzy this morning.  :P

The user image you've uploaded is 95 pixels wide by 123 pixels tall. The forum stretches your image to meet the pixel size format of 100x150 pixels. Your photo is fuzzy because the image is stretched to meet that guidline.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up