Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MEAT OF THE NOTES  (Read 26135 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE MEAT OF THE NOTES
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2003, 12:22:18 PM »

Ha ha TCB, I will leave the "friend" chicken and not edit it :)

For BK: I don't see anything in the "news" about the chat. Where is that posted?  Re: my comment. It's just hard to remember if we're reading the same comment as yesterday or a new one.  It would help (me at least if it said when the news was posted).

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2003, 12:27:38 PM »

Just a quick hello to let you all know I'm alive and thinking about you...haven't read any of the weekend stuff or even the notes yet, but I will, BK, I certainly will!  I've just been slapped with a ridiculous amount of work which I will NEVER be able to finish by the time I leave on DECEMBER 12 -- Yes, that's right, I've chomped down on the bit and given my notice here at the Law Firm, and as of December 12 I am selectively employed (=temping) and will be back on the market for casting in any number of theatrical productions!  But until then....grr....lots of grueling, tedious WORK, so I will be E&T for a while.

Love,
Joy
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Hapgood

• Why is the smart son always the gay son?
    • My Diary
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2003, 12:33:16 PM »

Hell DR's! I have not yet caught up on the weekend, but  am quite pleased to see that the posts are flying so fast and furious. Reminds me of the summer of 2002, when we often passed 200 posts. Of course, we used many 1-word posts at that point, so perhaps it didn't count!
Six Characters in Search of an Author by Luigi Pirandello. Barber Theatre. Northwestern University. February 13-22. The greatest theatrical event that the world has ever known!

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2003, 12:43:14 PM »

Hmmm I wonder what happens when one gets to 101 posts? Another star?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2003, 12:45:12 PM »

DR Jay - The Money Pit indeed....sometimes I think if one part of the house gets attention, the other parts get jealous and start acting up!  :-\

Jeff Richards - I have heard that Miss Julie Newmar was upset at having him for her "brother-partner" in 7B47B because she was a trained dancer and was left out of most of the dance-action.  "He was a baseball player!" she exclaimed.

I like his scenes in The Opposite Sex and his scene in 7B47B with Jane Powell when he explains to her that he and his brothers are leaving because there is nothing for them on the farm is very well done!

I got a nice Playbill from DR DinT today1  ;D  And a couple of DVD's Swing Kids and Newsies.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2003, 12:59:39 PM »

Just got back from doing a million errands

and wanted to post before I go off to do homework and then go to class!  It's soo rainy here in Northern VA.  Blech.

Jennifer--Are you the non-bride in the pic?  I think you look very purty!   ;D

Jay--I'm sorry to hear about all the house woes.  Unfortunately, I can relate.  My family's house is kind of old and it seems that every month or so something goes wrong and we end up paying a lot of money to fix it.  And I won't even get into the financial pain that our friendly local HOA inflicts on us!

Joy--I wish you the best of luck for the future pavement-pounding.  I've heard you sing, of course, and I really do think you have the talent to go far!

Swishy--Glad to hear the voice is on the mend!  Feel better soon, and also find ways to keep posting!  Our Swishy is nothing if not resourceful.

TCB--"Goth Maya Lisa???"  hahahahah! Okay, it is really time for me to change my pic...I have one saved on the hard drive where I actually look happy!

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2003, 01:03:19 PM »

How cute is this?

These ones crack me up:

DR Maya: Of course i'm the non-bride :)

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2003, 01:15:17 PM »

JRand53, I would give you karma for the Jeff Richards picture but I can't (cause I gave you some the other day), but all you Jeff Richards fans need to be giving this guy some karma!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2003, 01:16:41 PM »

LOL...It's a Dog's Life!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2003, 01:18:17 PM »

Maya:  No!  I liked the other picture, smile or no smile.  But you can't be the Mona Lisa if your name is Maya.  And I didn't mean goth in a bad way.  Besides, you have to keep up with Heavy Metal Macbeth.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2003, 01:19:19 PM »

So, that's Jeff Richards!
“One thing’s universal,

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2003, 01:32:14 PM »

Maya: Thank you!  *blush*

Jay: Sorry about your house woes.  I really feel that when things go wrong, they always go wrong all at once.  It's like someone knows when all the warranties expired!

Jason: I would still rather throw out a live mouse stuck to a glue trap than one who's had its neck snapped in a trap.  (I got a lot of practice doing that, too.)  For some reason the dead ones gross me out more than the live ones.  I think you should just borrow my cat.  :)

I absolutely loved Avenue Q, it's been my favorite show this year!  I enjoy any show that can make me laugh that much, and I really liked the music.  I have friends coming to visit in a couple of weeks and they've asked me to pick out a show, so I'm torn between taking them to something I haven't seen yet, or going to see Ave Q again.
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2003, 01:44:59 PM »

Jennifer-

And a beautiful non-bride are you!

Chicken-General Tso's

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2003, 01:54:30 PM »

Here is my pic. Guess which one I am?  ;)

;D Congratulations, Jennifer!  You two make a really cute couple!  ;D
When did you have your ceremony?

(My tongue has now been removed from my cheek!)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2003, 01:59:35 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Childhood Heroes[/move][/b]

They don't make 'em like this any more!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 02:02:54 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2003, 02:00:54 PM »

TCB[  Yup, that's the Chinese place I was talking about, and yes I've tried the wontons.  Sooo good.  I became a Chinese food freak after discovering that place.  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 02:01:55 PM by Ann »

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2003, 02:02:55 PM »

Why isn't my bold attempt working?  I edited it once, figured it would be fixed...but alas and alack, it is not.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2003, 02:26:07 PM »

That was really strange, Ann, I don't see anything wrong with your "bold".  Must be gremlins at work.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2003, 02:36:27 PM »

About Lloyd Bridges. I was heartsick that my cable service didn't add TV LAND to its channel tier until after TV LAND had run Lloyd's one season anthology series. I LOVED that show which featured him in a dizzing array of roles. Argh!

Correct, THE OPPOSTE SEX has not been issued on DVD, and I'm not expecting it any time soon. The trailer for it is on THE WOMEN DVD, but that's as close as we'll get for awhile. My laserdisc of the film features awful Metrocolor that's already pale and lifeless, and the geniuses at MGM/Turner who made the laserdisc transfer lopped off a little of the sides of the Cinemascope frame, so the framing is off, too. (MGM/Turner did similar horrendous things with their first pressings of BRIGADOON and SEVEN BRIDES on laserdisc as well. Boo! Hiss!)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2003, 02:42:42 PM »

Let's see if I've slightly defuzzified myself.

I see your bold code, too, Ann.  Maybe it's another inexplicable ghost in the machine like my log-in self-detonating after the first day.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2003, 02:44:28 PM »

I think I discovered how David Gest "adjusted" his photos--it's all pixel size and stretching, baby.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2003, 02:52:01 PM »

DR ArnoldMBrockman wrote:
Jennifer-

And a beautiful non-bride are you!

Thanks. There was actually this extremely cool picture that I had online that I wanted to post instead.  Someone had taken a picture of me, and shaded it beautifully. But I cannot find it anywhere. And I must have deleted many other pictures I had of myself online. Because I could not find much :'(

DR Ann wrote:
Why isn't my bold attempt working?  I edited it once, figured it would be fixed...but alas and alack, it is not.

Nope your bold doesn't show up on my computer.  In "reply" (not quick reply) mode, just highlight the text you want bolded and click on the B.  

Did you do it manually?

DR smartaleck George wrote:
Congratulations, Jennifer!  You two make a really cute couple!  
When did you have your ceremony?

Very funny. Actually the bride is my sis (taken last July).

Well I won't chastize you too much, since only today did I actually tilt my neck to the right enough to realize what your picture actually was.  I'm sorry!

Michael

« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2003, 03:09:40 PM »

Soooooooooooo upset. All the wonderful pictures and video I took of my friend in performance are gone. The disc screwed up and it wouldn't save the photos. I so wanted to share his wonderful performance with all my felllow DR and now I can't! So Sorry everyone.
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2003, 03:18:43 PM »

Ann, be BOLD, you can DO IT, I know you can.

chat in less than three count them three hours.  Let's not let up on the posting, however - we must post until the cows come home.

By the way (BTW, in Internet lingo) all this talk of chicken made me go to Popeye's where I had two count them two chicken breasts.

Jed

« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2003, 03:25:37 PM »

Mmm... I find it hard to go wrong with chicken.  Just so good so many ways.  Love a good chicken parmigiana, herb-roasted chicken, chicken burritos with salsa verde, or a good ol' chicken salad sandwich.  And I actually find the McChicken surprisingly edible.  I don't know from Popeye's, as there aren't any in my area.

BTW....do you really think my pic looks a little like the Mona Lisa??  This is about the 3rd time I have heard this, and I'm beginning to question the idea of looking like a famous painting, hehe.

Hey, it's better than looking like Whistler's Mother, no?

JRand53 said...
And Jed you will enjoy 8 Women!!!  I got it earlier this year on the recommendation of the DR's at HHW and I like it a LOT!!!

I actually saw it a month or so ago based on those same DR recommendations, and found it absolutely delightful.  Hinted that it's one I should add to my collection, and my sister picked up on it.  :)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2003, 03:26:28 PM »

I am very annoyed with myself as I just read that the Little Shop of Horrors cast was on the Today show yesterday morning, and as I did not know about it, I didn't get a chance to tape it.   >:(  Did anyone here happen to, and if so, could I get a copy?

I am so bad at keeping up with TV listings and such.

I am almost glad that the weather here is dreadful, humid, and rainy, or else I might hop on the subway and go get some Popeye's chicken myself.  

If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2003, 03:29:22 PM »

Does anyone remember when they got rid of McChicken sandwiches in the US for a few years?  That was my favorite snack at McDonald's and I was so traumatized.  I was so happy when they brought them back, and as part of the dollar menu, no less.  I much prefer them to the crispy or grilled chicken sandwiches.

I love 8 WOMEN.  Isabelle Huppert is such a crackup!

Jed

« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2003, 03:34:05 PM »

LC - Yes, I agree.  Isabelle Huppert manages to stand out even amidst such a uniformly excellent cast as 8 Women.  I need to see more of her work.  I've heard she's quite a wonderful dramatic actress.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2003, 03:39:18 PM »

I went downstairs for dinner, and what was on the table, but fried chicken! Since I am obviously not supposed to be here, my mom did NOT know we had been discussing this, so it was very weird indeed. And then someone brought food to the table, and it was put semi-in front of me. Out loud, I said "What is it, fish?", and my whole family just looked at me as though I was crazy. The influence HHW can have on a person.

I am scrounging for pictures to post. There are now more pictures of me on my computer, but I'm afraid I'm being a girl and also being picky, and I hate every one of them. The new ones are from HC and they're nice, but I can't ever smile correctly in pictures (forced smiling is NOT my thing), and so I look very pained. Plus, I have red eye, and my dress is reflecting the flash (VERY sparkly). So unless my school's website puta a picture of me during HC week up, there are still none of me that I'm willing to share. You'll survive though, one of these days, I'll get one up.

DST isn't affecting me well. It's only 6:30 and I'm exhausted. My dad might not be home until LATE tonight, so maybe I'll pop into chat for a small while. If I'm awake. Now, off to do the dreaded Algebra HW. Eh.

OH! I remembered what I wanted to say EARLIER! Report cards come out at the beginning of next week, or maybe even on Friday. If my Algebra grade meets standards, I might be able to get online. "Legally", anyway. So keep them vibes comin'.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Yes, I'm sending MYSELF vibes. *VIBE VIBE VIBE VIBE VIBE*[/move]
...Walk in the sunshine...

Hapgood

• Why is the smart son always the gay son?
    • My Diary
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2003, 03:41:06 PM »

DR LC: You love eight women?!?! That sounds like a soap opera in the making. (Yes, I know what you really mean.)

The weather here in Chicago has rapidly become very cold. This is a source of distress for me, as an outfit that was quite sufficient to shield me from the cold. I will near to wear a thicker coat the next time that I go out. Not great fun. I know how the winters are, but they still take you by surprise.
Six Characters in Search of an Author by Luigi Pirandello. Barber Theatre. Northwestern University. February 13-22. The greatest theatrical event that the world has ever known!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up