Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CAMELTOE  (Read 89626 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:CAMELTOE
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2004, 02:43:38 PM »

I just saw in the newspaper that there will be no mail delivery tomorrow or Saturday. Well, Saturday I expected, but what's with giving a holiday on New Year's Eve? Is this a first? I sure don't ever remember it happening before.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2004, 02:44:19 PM »

The news just announced that Artie Shaw died!  I didn't know he was still alive.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2004, 02:46:17 PM »

No mail tomorrow?  There better be mail tomorrow, or at least UPS, as my computer is due.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2004, 02:59:50 PM »

Hello! My first log-in and the topic is cameltoes? O.K.
I dare anyone to find a picture of Annette Funicello's cameltoe. Also, I have chosen to arise out of the myth of Lovely Wife to become a participant, limit idealism, despoil fantasy, and otherwise to  traipse in and out of B.K.'s world like so much fish.

Welcome to HHW!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2004, 03:00:33 PM »

How old is the lad in question?  I have an  eleven year old who loves to read, and I try to read all her books along with her (or preferably before her)  maybe I can suggest a few titles?
The lad is seven.  And he's the type who doesn't like to try things, because he knows he won't like them...until he does try them and discovers that he likes them.  But he can't be forced into trying things.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2004, 03:07:43 PM »

Does anyone else use those daily tear-off-a-page calendars on their desks? Last year, there were so many TV show-based calendars to choose from. (The George Eads pics I've posted this year all came from the CSI calendar.)

This year, apart from I LOVE LUCY and THE SIMPSONS and JEOPARDY, I couldn't find any TV-show based daily calendars. I'll go out looking again tomorrow (since they're now at reduced prices).
If you wait another three months, they'll be even cheeper!

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2004, 03:14:36 PM »

UGH!!!!  The whole house still smells like chemically-produced faux-caramel apple stink!!!

Why-O! Why-O! Why-O!

But I guess it could be worse, it could smell like today's unseemly Topic of conversation.

::)

All this excessive talk of the Topic of the Day is making me want to vomit on the ground!!

:-\
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 03:15:22 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2004, 03:18:49 PM »

I was also totally captivated by DR Danise's new pic.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2004, 03:19:36 PM »

It says they make good recipe card holders!
But not in my kitchen.   :-X

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2004, 03:33:16 PM »

-And I have yet to find out exactly what a "chigger" is.  Lots of theories and speculation, but no real concrete answer.
A chigger is a small insect that loves to drink (usually 1 to 2 ounces at a time).

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2004, 03:38:32 PM »

There is mail tomorrow, no regular mail delivery on Saturday (Express only).

Here's a Question for BK or any other film scholars out there in HHW land:  I just finished watching the new Criterion release of M, a film I had not seen in probably 20 or more years, and I swear when I saw it in college there was a scene of Lorre being chased over a seawall and him hiding there whilst people searched for him.  Is this some other film you can think of that I have somehow interpolated into this film?  Is it in the first Man Who Knew Too Much, perhaps?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2004, 03:41:26 PM »

Here's a Question for BK or any other film scholars out there in HHW land:  I just finished watching the new Criterion release of M, a film I had not seen in probably 20 or more years, and I swear when I saw it in college there was a scene of Lorre being chased over a seawall and him hiding there whilst people searched for him.  Is this some other film you can think of that I have somehow interpolated into this film?  Is it in the first Man Who Knew Too Much, perhaps?

Could it be David Lean's GREAT EXPECTATIONS?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2004, 03:42:28 PM »

The news just announced that Artie Shaw died!  I didn't know he was still alive.

My late friend, Doris the magnificent, will now be able to call him a &*%#@ to his face.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 03:42:58 PM by Panni »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2004, 03:48:08 PM »

My late friend, Doris the magnificent, will now be able to call him a &*%#@ to his face.

How do you pronounce that?

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2004, 03:51:10 PM »

I don't know if you'd call this a discovery, but I came across this furry brown meowing lump this year. He just walked in the door and made himself at home. He's been living here ever since.

He is currently swishing his tail all over the keyboard, making typing like going through an obstacle course.

The only other thing I've discovered this year is the new vocabulary word I learned today and wish I hadn't.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2004, 03:54:47 PM »

There is no scene in M like the one you describe.  I don't know what other movie it might have been from, but Lorre did many German and American pictures back then, including Man Who Knew Too Much, Secret Agent. Mad Love, etc.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2004, 03:55:31 PM »

And the topic of the day is not cameltoe - it's discoveries.

Welcome six GUESTS.  We're talkin' about 2004 discoveries.  And cameltoes.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2004, 03:58:50 PM »

Welcome six GUESTS.  We're talkin' about 2004 discoveries.  

I discovered I made no discoveries.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2004, 03:59:08 PM »

Only recoveries.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2004, 04:01:50 PM »

Hello! My first log-in and the topic is cameltoes? O.K.
Bonjour, La Jolie Femme!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2004, 04:10:47 PM »

Welcome, new Dear Reader Jolie. Do you like Cherry Coke?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Tomovoz

« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2004, 04:16:50 PM »

Only recoveries.
Thank goodness for those DR Elmore. (I am sure it was goodness).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2004, 04:31:50 PM »

And the topic of the day is not cameltoe - it's discoveries.

Oops (Spoo spelled backwards)!  My bad! ::)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2004, 04:34:10 PM »

Artie Shaw may or may not have been a &*%#@, but he was an extraordinarily bright and talented guy who was one of the great, great musicians of our time.  I'll miss him!

Danise

« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2004, 04:47:30 PM »

Evening folks!

Thank you all for the compliments on the new avatar.  To answer DR Jane’s question, I am sorry to say that it is not me.  Just something I found when I was out and about on the net looking at free .gifs.   I think it is called “Dragon Flight”.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it.  You know how I love dragons/fantasy things.  You wouldn’t believe some of the other ones I found—Unicorns, Winged Horses, Gargoyles, Mermaids, etc.  

I would like to get a program to teach me how to do my own .gifs.  Some of them are so cool!

In case you didn’t notice, I was in an experimental mood last night.  I had to try to be “hidden” to see what it was like--and after I saw VixMom’s “Coming Soon” avatar, I had to see if I could do one as well.  

I guess I should have done a New Years avatar.  Hum, something to think about.    

“Chiggers”.   We call also call them “Red Bugs”.  They were on the moss that grew on the trees.  They burrow under your skin and make you itch big time.  I can’t remember the cure for them.  

Speaking of discoveries, I just had a very nasty one when I came home tonight—an unpaid bill from my insurance company to the turn of over eight hundred dollars for some tests my doctor had done.  It is very safe to say I shall be calling Humana tomorrow.  Oh, yes.  Call them I will.  Words will fly.  

I guess the other BIG discovery of the year is that New York Hotels may or may not come with a bathtub standard!  LOL!  

Good vibes to DR Mathew!  

DR Jennifer, I like the pictures of pooch in her carriage
—just don’t go giving Bear any ideas!  :)

I also liked the double picture of you.  Just think how much a photo studio charges for a special effect like that.

Welcome to our newest poster, La Jolie Femme.  Your gonna love it here!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2004, 04:58:16 PM »

DR Danise I was playing with the program.  And now look at Coco.  I also did one where she was the star on the Xmas tree beside me. :)

Danise

« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2004, 05:00:23 PM »

Cool!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2004, 05:07:07 PM »

Re:  Lorre.  I'm thinking it must indeed be one of the older Hitchcocks, which I saw around the same time I first saw M.  I'm quite certain the scene I'm remembering involves Lorre, that he's chased over a seawall and a bunch of vigilante types look for him, and IIRC (which, heaven knows, I may not be), actually find him and kill him.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2004, 05:10:30 PM »

Artie Shaw may or may not have been a &*%#@, but he was an extraordinarily bright and talented guy who was one of the great, great musicians of our time.  I'll miss him!

I didn't imply that he wasn't. He was all of those things. A great musician, a brilliant man. He was also a &8#*^@ as far as Doris, his ex-wife (one of many, obviously) and the mother of his only son, towards whom he behaved abominably, was concerned.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2004, 05:11:29 PM »

Finished Garden State.  It was fine.  Perfectly amiable.  And, like Lost in Translation, very overrated as these things tend to be.  I do like Natalie Portman very much.  And it's nice that movies like this can still get made, although it reeks of today's "independent" film marketing.  Interestingly, I think if Panni, Pogue or I had written this exact same script we would have been laughed out of every office in town.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up