Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO GUY HAINES  (Read 20623 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:COUNTDOWN TO GUY HAINES
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2005, 02:31:56 PM »

DR Danise - Congrats on your purchase!  Enjoy!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2005, 02:32:34 PM »

YEAH!  PAGE FOUR!!!!

Let's do the...  -since it was mentioned yesterday...

THE HUCKLEBUCK!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2005, 02:35:19 PM »

OK - Lemme get out of here, and grab some dinner.  I've been making some good progress going through the rest of my "junk" at the apartment.  And I have yet more stuff to give to the thrift store!  And I also found a bunch of score copies that I thought were long lost.  Hoo and Ray!!!

I'm gonna go ahead and get the rest of it done once I get back to the apartment, and then I think I'm gonna head out for a little bit tonight for some "socializing at some special interest establishments". ;)  But I shan't stay out too late tonight, since I have to get the truck at 10:00AM.   Oh!  And I was able to schedule a massage appointment for tomorrow night at 7:30 too!  YIPPEE!!

OK...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2005, 02:45:36 PM »

I'm back from our horn session, which went splendidly.  The tracks sound great with the horns added on.  They sounded great before that, so I'm very happy indeed.

Feeling a bit better today, voice box-wise, although Grant insisted on having lunch, so we went to Mel's Diner, where these cretins had the air conditioning set at twenty or something.  We weren't there that long to do any harm, I hope.  I just don't understand these jernts and their air-conditioning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2005, 02:48:45 PM »

I'm drinking EmergenC number two and then I'm going to watch Mr. Otto Preminger's marvelously marvelous Advise and Consent, which I just picked up along with Mr. Fritz Lang's Fury, Mr. John Sturges' Bad Day at Black Rock, Mr. John Ford's Drums Along the Mohawk, Mr. Richard Brooks' The Blackboard Jungle, as well as the MGM double bill of Panic in the Year Zero and The Last Man on Earth, and the region 2 of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, a musical version with songs by John Barry.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2005, 02:58:08 PM »

Feeling a bit better today, voice box-wise, although Grant insisted on having lunch, so we went to Mel's Diner, where these cretins had the air conditioning set at twenty or something.  We weren't there that long to do any harm, I hope.  I just don't understand these jernts and their air-conditioning.

There's a local Dairy Queen that has the air conditioning on...even during the winter!  I remember quite a few years ago going to some restaurant (I think) with a sign that said "Air Conditioned For Your Comfort" and I think, "No, I'm not comfortable!" :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2005, 03:05:02 PM »

FORTUITOUS, baby, FORTUITIOUS!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2005, 03:17:31 PM »

My one paper is done, and right now I'm trying to get myself started on this Rhetoric paper. I've come to the conclusion that rigging it so I could get on the Internet from my room probably wasn't the best idea because it's really just distracting me from my homework.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2005, 03:29:02 PM »

Well, I got the first season of Penn & Teller's "Bullsh*t" (with our very own BK) from Netflix.  Since my laundry is now in the washing machine and I've taken a shower, I have time to watch some of P&T's "Bullsh*t" before I have to usher for an opera tonight...actually, it's two one-act operas:  "Cavalleria Rusticana" and "Pagliacci" presented by Opera Pacifica.  So that's what I'm going to do.  Watch "Bullsh*t."

To quote Jose's famous exit line:  Laters! ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 03:29:45 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2005, 03:54:33 PM »

How I enjoy Greek cuisine.  Spanikopita, souvlaki, tzitziki (on just about anything), tiropita, skordalia, zucchini chips (can't recall the Greek name at the moment), or just a yummilicious simple Greek salad.  I want it all NOW!!!!!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2005, 03:55:48 PM »

The last thing I remember is a whole cloud of glitter being released from the ceiling, looking down to see myself covered with it, and thinking "Oh, DR Jed's going to be so mad when I get home...he hates glitter..."  

Yes, yes he does.  ;D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2005, 04:50:29 PM »

Chili with no beans for this GRITS, please.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2005, 04:50:55 PM »

We've been testing out the new television.  Der Brucer was watching some hi-def films on cable earlier; I've got a small stack of DVDs.  Problem is, when I put on a DVD, der B gets wrapped up in whatever film it is, and the whole idea of going through the stack gets blown.  I was able to get him to stop after a certain point with Goldeneye, but now he's watching Harry Potter 3, as if he's never seen it before.

*sigh*

And we've still got to get to the store, for part of tonight's dinner.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 05:00:03 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2005, 05:36:21 PM »

Three posts in ninety minutes?  This will NOT do, oh, no, this will NOT do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2005, 05:37:31 PM »

I have dinner to fix.

And I'm still finding rice.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2005, 05:49:32 PM »

It wasn't anything to do with Greece or India but I watched "What's Up Doc?" last night. It still creates smiles. I guess it will be remade soon with Adam Sandler and Sandra Bullock.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2005, 06:32:51 PM »

Two posts in the last hour?  This will NOT do, oh, no, this will NOT do.  Finished Advise and Consent and on to Bad Day at Black Rock.

Tomovoz

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2005, 06:40:58 PM »

Black Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia was where they filmed "On The Beach". Ava (since misquoted) was supposed to have said of Melbourne  "as good a place as any to film the end of the world".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2005, 06:41:38 PM »

I'm doing my best.  Go ahead, Shute me.
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2005, 06:52:13 PM »

DR Tomovoz has a new avatar!  Very nice!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2005, 06:53:44 PM »

I guess there have not been many international films with a Melbourne connection. "The Road to Bali" has opening scenes of Melbourne. The delightful film "Spotswood" is a good representation of the Melbourne of my early teens. (A young Toni Colette and Russell Crowe with pre Hannibal Anthony Hopkins)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2005, 06:54:44 PM »

Thank you DR Ginny - I"ve just reverted to an early 2001 look!
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2005, 06:58:29 PM »

Technical question:  Something has happened (An "I Do, I Do" reference) today that I've never experienced here at HHW.  At about 3pm, I started getting email notifications of replys to "a topic you're watching."  What did I do?  And can I un-do it, or will it go away when today's topic is locked?  Could it be that I clicked the "Notify" button by accident?  Help!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2005, 07:01:37 PM »

DH Richard and I had a lovely dinner at Grecian Delight - we both had the Greek combo, which is a Greek salad, a gyro (mine without onions), and a beverage (iced tea).  The restaurant was very busy, which I'm always glad to see, especially now when there's road construction making it even more difficult to get to it than usual.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2005, 07:14:18 PM »

Finding rice.   :P

SWW, one suggestion.  If you pour boiling water all over the floor of your house, then wait one hour, it will be much easier to find the rice.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2005, 07:19:26 PM »

SWW, one suggestion.  If you pour boiling water all over the floor of your house, then wait one hour, it will be much easier to find the rice.

La nouvelle Heloise!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2005, 07:23:27 PM »

Try clicking the button again and see if it gives you the option to stop being notified.  That's all I can think of, Ginny.

And watch out for FLYING DUMPLINGS!

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2005, 07:25:55 PM »

Try clicking the button again and see if it gives you the option to stop being notified.  That's all I can think of, Ginny.

And watch out for FLYING DUMPLINGS!

LOL, bk.  And the technical advice worked, thanks!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2005, 07:27:31 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I finally hit that point in the packing process where all I wanted to do was to get things into boxes.  I started thinking too much about sorting, and that simply is not the way to go right now.  I'll have enough time to re-sort through things this coming week.  In any case... I am 95% packed up.

I just had to stop.  I'll do a little bit more futzing before heading to bed, but I'm still kind of jonesing to head out tonight for a little bit... we shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2005, 07:28:29 PM »

DR elmore - Continued Recovery and Good Health Vibes to you!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up