Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN THE SADDLE  (Read 26211 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:BACK IN THE SADDLE
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2005, 10:54:28 AM »

Our son just won a $500 book scholarship for his sophomore year by writing an essay about what "Hands Across America" means to today's college students.
And with the prices of college books these days, that'll cover what, five books?  Six, if he's lucky.   :(
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2005, 10:55:49 AM »

Page Four "Hopping from Foot to Foot While Standing in Line to Pay for the College Text Books" Dance.

:-\

(I remember those days.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2005, 10:57:58 AM »

More seriously, that was a really neat seque, DR Ginny!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2005, 10:58:39 AM »

Our son just won a $500 book scholarship for his sophomore year by writing an essay about what "Hands Across America" means to today's college students.

Very Happy News, indeed! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2005, 10:58:48 AM »

Great logo, DR VIXMOM
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2005, 10:59:36 AM »

Love the pic, Vixmom!  The man and woman have matching pants, sorta matching (well, complementary) hair, and matching mustaches!

well there are a lot of Italians in my neighborhood..... :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:03:21 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2005, 11:00:28 AM »

Too late, it all got left behind over a year ago.

Yes DRSWW....that's the part that made me sad.  :'(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2005, 11:02:08 AM »

Yes, checking the JetBlue site seems to indicate that MR BK has been on the ground for about an hour.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2005, 11:02:26 AM »

I hope that I didn't offend anyone with the baby thong story.  It just seems so ridiculous to me that a company would not think that that sort of outfit is inappropriate for children! :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2005, 11:05:27 AM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  Loooong time on the plane.  Thanks to the continuing ineptitude of the JFK airport, we sat on the plane for an hour before finally taking off.  Still, we were only twenty-five minutes late.  Flying into Burbank rather than Long Beach is divoon - only ten minutes to get home and no freeway.  

I must now run and do some errands, then I shall be back to tell you more about the trip home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2005, 11:06:01 AM »

And all I can say about a company that makes baby thongs is - well, they should be run out of town on a rail

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2005, 11:06:08 AM »

DR JRand54:  My avatar is circa 1977.  I was in the Navy...my civilian attire was normally jeans or chinos with decent enough shirts...never got into the mod look, although I was totally into bell bottoms...but then, my "work" uniforms ALL had bell bottoms.

I had "previously" worn a beard...but it wasn't really good on me:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:09:16 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2005, 11:07:51 AM »

I hope that I didn't offend anyone with the baby thong story.  It just seems so ridiculous to me that a company would not think that that sort of outfit is inappropriate for children! :-\

I was not offended, I just forgot to comment in catching up to the posts. It is ridiculous the stuff that is out here for children these days and the way some of the parents allow their kids to dress.

Last night  Vixter's  Middle School held the 6th grade Spring  Concert, that means the kids were all 11 or 12 years old... some of the girls were sporting miniskirts, high stiletto heels and enough makeup and jewely to outfit the  cast of "La Cage ".     Ridiculous!

vixmom

« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2005, 11:08:47 AM »

HURRAH!! BK is arrived safe and sound!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2005, 11:09:28 AM »

On a more personal note...

For several months now, the lot next door has sat empty.  Literally empty, since the owner cleared it of all the brush and trees from one corner to the other.  Why anyone would buy a lot in the middle of the woods, just to get rid of the woods, is beyond the collective imaginations of der Brucer and myself, and we've pretty good imaginations.

Apparently, good imaginations, but not bad ones.

The lot has been staked, and lines painted on the ground in bright brick orange.  The owners are going to be putting up a McMansion.  Tons of floorspace, with probably no archetectural connection to the surrounding landscape or other houses.  Heck, most of the residents here are living in doublewides, duded up if they're year-round residents or can afford it, left fairly ordinary if they are summer homes.

This McMansion is going to be looking over most of our back yard.

And I'll bet they're gonna complain every time the dogs go into the back yard to do their business.

Sh*t.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2005, 11:09:59 AM »

And a year later:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2005, 11:11:13 AM »

Speaking of concerts... why the $&^^%*& do peopel come to them if they are going to spen the entiore time chatting (loudly) with the peopel around them. playing  (loud) video ganes, talking  (loudly) ontheir cellphones  and allowing theri small childen to walk up and down the bleachers and run around the floor

I have to move tpo a better neighborhood..somewhere where people have brains and manners.  any suggestions DR's?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2005, 11:12:25 AM »

Having seen the dolls in the stores, that company has no concept of anything being inappropriate for children.

Next, we'll be hearing about Mattel coming out with Slut Barbie.

:P

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2005, 11:13:02 AM »

Speaking of concerts... why the $&^^%*& do peopel come to them if they are going to spen the entiore time chatting (loudly) with the peopel around them. playing  (loud) video ganes, talking  (loudly) ontheir cellphones  and allowing theri small childen to walk up and down the bleachers and run around the floor

I have to move tpo a better neighborhood..somewhere where people have brains and manners.  any suggestions DR's?
Canada?

vixmom

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2005, 11:13:57 AM »

And I'll bet they're gonna complain every time the dogs go into the back yard to do their business.

Sh*t.

We knew what your meant by "business"... oh, OH!

vixmom

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2005, 11:16:53 AM »

Having seen the dolls in the stores, that company has no concept of anything being inappropriate for children.

Next, we'll be hearing about Mattel coming out with Slut Barbie.

:P

They already have.  In fact I once had a mini hissy fit when I found, ona toy store shelf,  an Barbie outfit (well it may have been made by one of those 11 inch fashion dolls generic companies) that include crotchless panties! >:( :P

« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:39:54 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2005, 11:18:30 AM »

Canada?

I have been seriously considering it actually as my inlaws live there

on the other hand it starts snowing around labor day and stops snowing around now

and my inlaws live there

vixmom

« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2005, 11:22:14 AM »

I wonder how they are gonna feel about the nude sunbathing....... ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2005, 11:26:24 AM »

Bonnie will have to be warned...

Oh, you mean der B and me?   :o ::) 8)

vixmom

« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2005, 11:27:44 AM »

On a more personal note...

For several months now, the lot next door has sat empty.  Literally empty, since the owner cleared it of all the brush and trees from one corner to the other.  Why anyone would buy a lot in the middle of the woods, just to get rid of the woods, is beyond the collective imaginations of der Brucer and myself, and we've pretty good imaginations.

Apparently, good imaginations, but not bad ones..

Can you plant a row of big bushes along to block the view and ensure some privacy?

Where my  inlaws live just outside of  Grande Praire, Alberta the community is made up of 3 - 6 acre lots, all beautifully wooded.  Most of the residents just made a long driveway to the center of the property,   cleared eno9ugh space for a  reasonably sized lawn and house and left the perimeter well wooded, but just recently some of the "newbies" have been coming in and bulldozing the lots... these of course are the same people who spend their lives inside playing video games, so why they need these three acre lawns is unknown

vixmom

« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2005, 11:29:41 AM »

And a year later:

i think you look very handsome ina beard.  I must admit  a weakness for beards... all my favorite men have them

Mr. Vixmom, DR WFO, Jesus, Santa.......
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:37:57 AM by vixmom »

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2005, 11:44:12 AM »

And with the prices of college books these days, that'll cover what, five books?  Six, if he's lucky.   :(

Well, he had the same award for freshman year and it got him through the first 2 quarters, so we'll see.  Sophomore year he'll only be in school fall & winter quarters, then on co-op (MAKING money  :D)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2005, 11:52:49 AM »

Great pictures....

Dolls in transparent thongs....unseemly, to say the least.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2005, 12:01:31 PM »

Can you plant a row of big bushes along to block the view and ensure some privacy?

Where my  inlaws live just outside of  Grande Praire, Alberta the community is made up of 3 - 6 acre lots, all beautifully wooded.  Most of the residents just made a long driveway to the center of the property,   cleared eno9ugh space for a  reasonably sized lawn and house and left the perimeter well wooded, but just recently some of the "newbies" have been coming in and bulldozing the lots... these of course are the same people who spend their lives inside playing video games, so why they need these three acre lawns is unknown
There's lots of this kind of building going on in Southern Delaware, mostly catering to people from DC who have lots of money to throw around and don't really care about the community they're moving into.  Their main homes are in the Metro areas, this is their place to get away from everything.  They don't care about what the massive building is doing to the infrastructure...and neither to the people living on the western side of Sussex county, who are glad to have the additional tax dollars coming in as long as the political power stays with them, instead of moving to the beaches.

Result?  We're already way behind on building the schools we will need, the fire and police services, the sewage and trash control...hospitals are doing fine, but that's more of a private enterprise than publicly supported.  Highway One is regularly a parking lot on summer weekends, and it is only going to get more crowded.

On the more immediate level, I doubt that planting bushes will give us much privacy, not when the house next door will tower over our back yard by two floors.

With our luck, the new neighbors will also be complaining about the noisy geese and other birds that fly overhead, while playing their stereophonic megablasters at top volume without any insulation at all hours of the night.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2005, 12:03:01 PM »

i think you look very handsome ina beard.  I must admit  a weakness for beards... all my favorite men have them

Mr. Vixmom, DR WFO, Jesus, Santa.......
Maybe it's a good thing you haven't met der B and myself yet, Vixmom.  Too much of a good thing can be...fur-abulous!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up