Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RANDY VICAR AND THE FRUIT COMPOTE  (Read 17136 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE RANDY VICAR AND THE FRUIT COMPOTE
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2005, 05:25:19 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2005, 06:03:28 PM »

Evening folks.  Well, the test went about as well as could be expected.   Considering this is the 6th IVP I’ve had, one would expect that I would know what to expect---err, right?  I’m just happy that I’m NOT expecting which would be totally unexpected and a whole other story!  What am I talking about?

Anywho, I  expect to know the results of said test in about a week or so.  

I had to drive home in the driving rain as well.  It really wasn’t as bad as it used to be.  When I drove the A-Team van, I would get a bath as well the ride.    Somehow, I don’t miss that.

Being an only child, I had to go on all of the rides by myself.  I remember Space Mountain very well.  That was back in the day that I have to wear glasses and the seat was made for two people.  

I remember the seat belt not fitting and then they made me take my glasses off.  I was blind and loose in that car.  I think my fingernails are still embedded in the sides of it.  I thought I was going to be thrown out of it for sure.  

I was white faced and shaking when I got off.  I remember my Mom asking if I had enjoyed the ride.  Yeah, Mom.  I think I’ll do it again—NOT!

I do enjoy most rides and would like to try the new one at Bush Gardens.  The next time one (or a couple) of you head down to Tampa, let me know.  I can get employee discount tickets from work and I would love to spend the day at Bush.  It’s been years since I’ve been there.  

Glad to hear that the site and new Record label are off to a good start.  It must be exciting but I have a feeling it might also be the reason your having a hard time sleeping, BK.  And I don’t blame you.  

DR SWW, I hope you haven’t heard anything more from that “lady” about Peggy.  She may have just said she was going to call but didn’t really do it.  At least I hope so.  I’ve thought about that more then you know.  

I can’t speak for DR Jane or DR Ginny but chicken feet are off my menu if they are on the walking tour.  I’m not eating any weird stuff.  Forgive me but:   No way, Jose!  

You will learn what the people I work with know---Danise will eat any kind of food*  (Note the asterisks)

*EXCEPT
 Hearts, lungs, gizzards, mountain oysters, feet, hands, tongues, livers, fish, shell food, lobsters, snails, squid, octopus, snakes, lizards, possums, raccoon, Nyquil, etc, etc, and of course, etc.    

The rest of the list that follows is way to long to type.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2005, 06:11:02 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to LACC for a meeting.  You must keep the home fries burning until my returning or else I shall simply have to vomit on the ground.

Danise

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2005, 06:13:23 PM »

I'm burning for fifthteen more minutes then it's out like a light.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2005, 06:20:48 PM »

Did you see the new disposable video camera you can get?  It was in our local paper yesterday.  20 minutes for about twenty dollars and very compact.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2005, 06:24:57 PM »

It's time for me to leave work, now.  I have some driving around and things to do and people to see.  Be back later...no, really!  I will! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2005, 06:25:26 PM »

Well, have a good evening all.  My time is up.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2005, 07:48:15 PM »

DR SWW, I hope you haven’t heard anything more from that “lady” about Peggy.  She may have just said she was going to call but didn’t really do it.  At least I hope so.  I’ve thought about that more then you know.  

I can’t speak for DR Jane or DR Ginny but chicken feet are off my menu if they are on the walking tour.  I’m not eating any weird stuff.  Forgive me but:   No way, Jose!  

SWW that goes for me too.

Danise you certainly may speak for me!!  ;D I want tofu!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2005, 07:48:16 PM »

Hello I have caught up on today but  I am about a week behind everyone else.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2005, 07:48:55 PM »

Has anyone seen this?  http://tcruiseko.ytmnd.com

Warning! Turn the volume down first.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2005, 07:49:30 PM »

Hi Vixmom.  Have things calmed down a bit?

vixmom

« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2005, 07:52:59 PM »

Re shipping to Canada I definitely urge you to refrain from using UPS or FedEx, the regular US mail is the only way to go as we have learned from sad experience.  

My inlaws live in Canada and we had been shipping their Christma, birthday, anniversary etc gifyts, always clearly marked as a "gifts" and always in values below the tariff prices.  What my inlaws took several years to advise us was that UPS was charging a fee of $30 - $50  CND before they would release the package

We only ship by USPS now and we have never had a problem since,

vixmom

« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2005, 08:10:42 PM »

Hi Vixmom.  Have things calmed down a bit?

Well no, but its getting alittle better, I may have my car back soon

Basically it was a little known (by me) clause in m extended mechanical breakdown warrantly that said if the value of the repair was a certain percentage of the value of the car they could choose to  "total out"  the car

On Saturday I took my car to the mechanic for a squeal in the brakes which turned into two rear calipers, four rotors and four sets of brake shoes and pads and a master cylinder.  The inspector from Geico  approved the job on Monday evening but noticed a leak from the transmission pan.

So after the brake job was done (my share of the bill was nearly $400, Geico paid the rest) I brought the car to the transmission guy  down the road.  He said I needa rebuilt transmission because it was slipping at high speeds... Well I rarely get to high speeds as I drive in rush hour traffic on the LIE where 40 MPH is considered  'moving"  and local drivng which is all stop and go and 30 MPH
 but the inspector was called (he didn't show up until Friday afternoon) who agreed the transmission was shot and said the car would be totaled....he said this to the mecahnic, never called me , never out in the paperwork and went on vacation for two weeks.

Ther first i heard of this "total" thing was a call from mechanic on Saturday morning amd a call to my insurance co  verified this but could give me no details as to what this would mean to me
and the department that handles "total claims" isn't open on the weekend.  I was promised a callback  by Tuesday night.

Since I had already beenwithout my car for 9 days, i deciede this morning  to be the squeaky wheel and es, after several hours I finally got some results.

They are paying me about $2300, which means I can do the transmission repair and have about $800 left over to put away for the next incident.. but they are revoking my extended arrantly covergae from here on in.

Ayt least it is resolved and Ican get my car back... yes its 10 years old, it has 175000 miles on it, but by gum the body is sound, the entire brake system was just redone , the radiator was replaced last year and its been given a new serpentine4 chain  thingy so ho[pefully I can get another year or so out of it

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2005, 08:13:50 PM »

It has been another sauna here today. Rained early this morning, and it's been a steambath ever since. I HATE days like this.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2005, 08:14:17 PM »

DR Ron, the lunch items sounded delicious and made me very hungry just reading them.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2005, 08:15:54 PM »

Wow that is a lot of miles in ten years.  My last car only had about 74,000 miles in 13 years (my current one is bound to have more).  Did you buy it new or used?  

I’m glad it all worked out.  After paying for all the other repairs it would have been upsetting to loose the car.  So… good car vibes for the next year!

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2005, 08:17:39 PM »

Well, since we talked about it this morning, I pulled BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S off the shelf and watched it in the late afternoon and early evening. The transfer was given a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack, so that's something, at least.

And when it was over, I wanted to have an Audrey Hepburn festival and pull out CHARADE next, but I resisted. I need to work through some unseen DVDs this week.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2005, 08:18:43 PM »

Vixmom, I think I should have said I'm glad it all worked out without your killing someone ;D-didn't mean to slight the long number of days without a car.  I have been there-in the burbs with young children-and it wasn't fun.  How did you get to work?

vixmom

« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2005, 08:22:57 PM »

Wow that is a lot of miles in ten years.  My last car only had about 74,000 miles in 13 years (my current one is bound to have more).  Did you buy it new or used?  

I’m glad it all worked out.  After paying for all the other repairs it would have been upsetting to loose the car.  So… good car vibes for the next year!

I bought it brand new off the lot.  But my commute is 60 miles round trip five days a week and that's not counting any other travel, of which I do quite a bit.  Plus its been to Florida and back four times

vixmom

« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2005, 08:26:51 PM »

Vixmom, I think I should have said I'm glad it all worked out without your killing someone ;D-didn't mean to slight the long number of days without a car.  I have been there-in the burbs with young children-and it wasn't fun.  How did you get to work?

Well if some of the people I was talking with were in the room with me instead of a couple of states away  it might have made headlines   ;D

I took the Mr's car, but that meant  reorganizng the morning and afternoon commutes and rearranging some of my closings... I had to borrow my dad's car one day as well...

We approved the repairs today so hopefully y tomorrow the car will nbe back, except I noticed that the brakes were still a little sponguy so they obioulsy didn't bleed them properly so it will have to go back to the brake shop before I can take it back for good...... >:(  

vixmom

« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2005, 08:31:59 PM »

I just found an important news item!

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/chamber/61596

Does this work on women as well or are there a different set of songs we have to watch out for?  ;D

vixmom

« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2005, 08:32:35 PM »

I have never had dim sum

vixmom

« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2005, 08:33:05 PM »

although I am willing to try sum

vixmom

« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2005, 08:33:34 PM »

I have never eaten chicken feet

vixmom

« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2005, 08:33:58 PM »

for which I am profoundly grateful

vixmom

« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2005, 08:35:04 PM »

I have eaten tofu, Jane you are welcome to my share, give me a nice piece of beef

Jane

« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2005, 08:40:08 PM »

Then you haven't had tofu prepared properly.  There was a time when I didn't like it at all.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2005, 08:55:07 PM »

I just love the new color Keith painted our powder room.  I attempted to find a sample on line because I don’t know how to describe it.  We went from a white to a rich warm color.  

Even more I love the new limestone pedestal sink with the bronze faucet.  Soon we will have a new mirror to go over the sink.  We are waiting for the company that made the faucet to release their new light fixtures that match, and then the room with be completed.  

Yesterday we found a new soap dish (hey, not as easy a thing to do as one might expect) and an artificial flower decoration to sit on the back of the toilet, along with the Kleenex box.  Now I need to find a few nice hand towels.

Keith has chosen the perfect three pieces of artwork to place on the wall.  Well, two of them had been in there already and the third was on the wall just outside the room.  The wall coloring truly enhances the pictures.

Maybe one day we can begin the kitchen project.  

vixmom

« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2005, 09:02:28 PM »

I just love the new color Keith painted our powder room.  I attempted to find a sample on line because I don’t know how to describe it.  We went from a white to a rich warm color.  

Even more I love the new limestone pedestal sink with the bronze faucet.  Soon we will have a new mirror to go over the sink.  We are waiting for the company that made the faucet to release their new light fixtures that match, and then the room with be completed.  

Yesterday we found a new soap dish (hey, not as easy a thing to do as one might expect) and an artificial flower decoration to sit on the back of the toilet, along with the Kleenex box.  Now I need to find a few nice hand towels.

Keith has chosen the perfect three pieces of artwork to place on the wall.  Well, two of them had been in there already and the third was on the wall just outside the room.  The wall coloring truly enhances the pictures.

Maybe one day we can begin the kitchen project.  

I envy you your powder rom makeover.  Ours is a 1955 original complete with yellow and black tile ;D

Maybe someday.... :D

vixmom

« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2005, 09:03:12 PM »

Well its getting on to midnight and I sleepy...night all...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up