Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RANDY VICAR AND THE FRUIT COMPOTE  (Read 17102 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE RANDY VICAR AND THE FRUIT COMPOTE
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2005, 02:03:35 PM »

It's one of those stores - I just like to have the deal finalized before actually telling you which.  It's just great news, though.  They've already told me they'll take 60 After the Balls, and 30 Haines.  A great order.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2005, 02:11:11 PM »

We have Tower and Virgin here in New York. I may be forgetting another. HMV doesn't have a store anymore, so I'm thinking it's one of the first two. An endcap is a special display place, typically at the end of an aisle (hence the name), though there are not many aisles in Tower and Virgin. The merchandise is right there for you to see and you don't have to search through the other CDs to find what you're looking for. If there is a sale, often the sale items are on "endcaps".
It may not look like Virgin has endcaps, but they are there.  They aren't so much at the end of an aisle, but at the of two sales racks that are positioned back to back.  They fill the dead space at the ends, "capping" them.  If a pair of racks were sitting back to back in an open space in an otherwise empty room, we could still fill the ends of the racks with endcaps.

(Hmmm, maybe this could be an absurdist art project?  Or a commentary piece of some sort?   8))
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2005, 02:15:29 PM »

Oh, and re John Fiedler: He used to live in the same building as my father did in the late 1970s.  My father, in fact, did his taxes (my father had become a CPA after his restaurant went under - my Uncle Saul was a CPA and my father worked with him for the last six years of his life).  My father also did Arthur O'Connell's taxes.  I have a lovely memory of my father and Mr. O'Connell attending the sneak preview of Nudie in Westwood.  I think my father was impressed by the incredible reaction the film got, and I think Mr. O'Connell was a bit shocked by what he'd seen.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2005, 02:30:55 PM »

Dim Sum menu:

Sorry, no tripe.  No Chicken feet (although here, they've translated that to "chicken paws.")

We had sticky rice, spring rolls, Shanghai dumplings, Siu Mai dumplings, bar-b-q rice rolls, shrimp rice rolls, vegetable dumplings and deep fried shrimp/mango rolls.  The Shanghai and Siu Mai dumplings have ground pork and ground beef fillings, spiced differently; the vegetable dumpling featues a melange of veggies traditionally found in some of their soups;  the bar-b-q-rice rolls have pork, and the shrimp is self-explanatory.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 02:32:12 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2005, 02:40:05 PM »

I've decided that we're having good cheese fondue weather here in Rehoboth Beach.  It's been wet and dowdy all day, and some fondue would be cheery and warm.

So we'll need bread, and maybe some veggies for dipping into the goo.  And salad greens.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2005, 02:44:13 PM »

It's OK to look at Colony but  I would never (probably) buy anything there. It's just SO outrageously expensive. The tourists (sorry George, this isn't a comment against you) buy from them because they think there is no other place to go and they pay the prices which is why, I guess, Colony gets away with it.
Actually, I didn't doubt that this was the case.  It was the very first record store that I was able to get to and I didn't have a lot of time after that to get to anywhere else.  I was able to go to Footlight, but for only about 20 minutes. :(

We have Tower and Virgin here in New York. I may be forgetting another. HMV doesn't have a store anymore, so I'm thinking it's one of the first two. An endcap is a special display place, typically at the end of an aisle (hence the name), though there are not many aisles in Tower and Virgin. The merchandise is right there for you to see and you don't have to search through the other CDs to find what you're looking for. If there is a sale, often the sale items are on "endcaps".
Thanks for the info. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2005, 02:44:56 PM »

You were thinking the exchange rate between NYC and Washington State were in your favor.  They're in the same country, silly!  (Even through some people in NYC don't understand that fact!)

;D

That, too! ;) I was really thinking that I would never be able to find these anywhere else in the world! (This was years before eBay, remember.)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2005, 02:47:25 PM »

Funny story department: I was just forwarded an e-mail that had been sent to the West Coast rep on the talkinbroadway board.  This e-mail came from a voice teacher in Canada.  Seems she saw our young Caitlynne win her various competitions with my song Annie.  Caitlynne's mother had told me that everyone was asking her where they could get the music for the song, and the mother wouldn't tell them.  So, this enterprising voice teacher took the bull by the horns.  Isn't that funny?  I think I shall now create Kritzerland Music Publishers to publish it and some others.

YEA!!!!  I would LOVE to have some of your sheet music!!  Not that I would sing "Annie" but you've written some that I'd love to do. ;D

George

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2005, 02:48:29 PM »

But then, I've sung in drag before...and I can do it again! (almost a Baker's Wife reference! ;) )
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 02:48:46 PM by George »

George

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2005, 02:50:57 PM »

So BK, would you ever consider doing a studio recording of What If???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2005, 03:09:20 PM »

We're thinking about doing What If at some point in the next few months.  We shall see.

George

« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2005, 03:16:08 PM »

We're thinking about doing What If at some point in the next few months.  We shall see.

;D ;D ;D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2005, 03:51:34 PM »

Hello all - we're busy finalizing the trip to Paris (leaving in 6 days or so) just booked passage on the Eurostar for a day in London and surprisingly snagged two tickets to "Mary Poppins" while we're in London.  It's all exciting.  Speaking of rollercoasters, the best version of "Space Mountain" is supposidly the one in Paris, I'll let you know how it is when we return!!!  bk - I'd second the sheet music end of Kritzerland, it would make a lot of us rather happy!  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2005, 04:32:50 PM »

I finally bought the Sondheim "Scrabble" album on CD.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2005, 04:33:41 PM »

Might I just ask why so many hainsies/kimlets who are online are just sitting there like so much fish and have been for the last hour.  Do I need to give electroshock treatment here?  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2005, 04:34:52 PM »

Don't we have a word of the day?  What is it, I've forgotten.  I REALLY don't want to go to this meeting tonight, but I guess I will.  I shall, however, announce that they've got me for one hour and one hour only.  That means I can probably get out of there in ninety minutes.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2005, 04:36:28 PM »

The young man was sorry for the mistakes he had made, but he couldn't help but feeling hurt when he was constantly being shunned by people who could not see beyond his homeopathic past.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 04:36:52 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2005, 04:37:44 PM »

TCB -- can you RELATE?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2005, 04:38:02 PM »

TomovOz:  Can you EQUATE?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2005, 04:40:39 PM »

Best listenings to DRRon with the Scrabble album!  It was long one of my favorites, when it was an LP, and the added material on the CD only made it better!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2005, 04:43:54 PM »

I just found an important news item!

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/chamber/61596
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 04:44:30 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2005, 04:44:31 PM »

Divarobbie your website is very nice.  Your photos are even nicer.  I look forward to the release of your CD.

Vixmom-good vibes!  I hope things work out for you.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2005, 04:49:27 PM »

Ron thanks for the update on your meeting with Rodzinski.   If only I had known you when Craig was living in San Francisco.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2005, 04:56:32 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2005, 05:04:01 PM »

Is this a joke? ???

I don't know, but it made me laugh!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2005, 05:17:32 PM »

I sure hope it is a joke!

Ben

« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2005, 05:17:57 PM »

Larry, you mentioned margaritas up by you. Perhas when we all return from the 4th of July (you'll be in DC, correct, and I'll be in Virginia and Rodzinski will still be on the Left Coast) we can gather at the watering hole and snarf down decadent nachos and have 2 for 1 margaritas then I will stagger home on the subway. Perhaps I will become a headline in the Weekly World News.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2005, 05:20:48 PM »

Dear Larry: This list of songs may explain the current generation of boys, but it does little to explain der Brucer, or myself, or even you!  Except for "Over the Rainbow," which really only explains Liza Minnelli's penchant for marriage partners.

But wouldn't you just love to hear Brent Barrett sing some of these songs on his next album???!!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) :D :D :D[/move]

Ben

« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2005, 05:22:13 PM »

The Weekly World News was discussed at Joe Allen's when Bruce was here. Richard Valley who puts out Scarlett Street has inside information regarding this publication (not Scarlett Street). This story, like the others in WWW, is written with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2005, 05:23:04 PM »

I just realized, there's no mention on the list of Barbra Streisand or Bette Midler!!!

Where would the gay music world be without it's S&M?????

;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up