Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RANDY VICAR AND THE FRUIT COMPOTE  (Read 16461 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE RANDY VICAR AND THE FRUIT COMPOTE
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2005, 11:36:14 AM »

And going back to theme park rides, I started checking out

http://www.themeparkinsider.com

Neat site.  Both professional/industry comments and advice, as well as ride enthusiast's opinions.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2005, 11:37:49 AM »

DR Rodzinski has never had dim sum?!?!?!?  And he's been living in NYC for how long now?!?!?!?

Thank you, DR Ron Pulliam, for correcting that "deficiency".

Did he try chicken feet?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2005, 11:38:26 AM »

DR MBARNUM - alas both codes are NOW invalid.  DRMATTH was correct, the sale is over.

I went ahead and pre-ordered THE ADVENTURERS (a different movie, as described yesterday by MR BK) - it was a pre-order so no discount anyway!

I used to have the LP of the soundtrack and remember liking it very much.  Wonder what ever happened to it?  It must be somewhere, everything is somewhere because very FEW things cease to exist!

MR BK - Paramount has always been my favorite Studio!  Betty Hutton, Hope & Crosby, Claudette Colbert, Danny Kaye,  Frances Farmer, Cecil B. DeMille, and VISTAVISION - Motion Picture High Fidelity.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2005, 11:39:02 AM »

Well... Time for me to get off my duff for a bit...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2005, 11:39:47 AM »

Chicken feet?  Frogs legs? Bird's nest soup?

We in Indiana are appalled.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2005, 11:52:34 AM »

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm sure tracking #s cost more.  I know when former DR Noel sent his cd, it was $1 or $1.50 and he sent it by air, but no tracking.

Btw, I really like the logo at the top of the Kritzerland page.

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2005, 12:08:26 PM »

Yes, DR Rodzinski must eat the boiled chicken's feet, and the tripe.

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2005, 12:12:11 PM »

Oriental Chicken Wrap (leftover from Applebees last night), celery, water.

Tan khakis, red rayon shirt with vintage design, tan socks, brown belt, brown leather shoes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2005, 12:20:09 PM »

Finished proofing the galley - but will do another scan through it quickly, just to be sure I've caught everything I can.

Had some good news about a certain large record store in NY, who will be stocking our CDs - the buyer is very excited and we worked out a deal for no returns, which is great.  He said he'd do an endcap, too - which is faboo.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2005, 12:20:50 PM »

And no, it isn't Colony.  It's one of the major chains.  I probably won't sell to Colony at all, just because they irk me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2005, 12:26:57 PM »

Had some good news about a certain large record store in NY, who will be stocking our CDs - the buyer is very excited and we worked out a deal for no returns, which is great.  He said he'd do an endcap, too - which is faboo.

Congrats!  So, what's an endcap?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2005, 12:31:09 PM »

I went to Colony once...the one time I went to New York...and spent almost $500!!  WHAT WAS I THINKING??  I did get the original London Children of Eden three years before the Paper Mill production happened and the London 1776, which I have never seen on eBay or anywhere!  But everything (now that I have been able to compare after-the-fact) was just so expensive.  If I ever get back to New York, I won't go back there.  Well, maybe just to look.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 12:31:49 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2005, 12:38:24 PM »

It's OK to look at Colony but  I would never (probably) buy anything there. It's just SO outrageously expensive. The tourists (sorry George, this isn't a comment against you) buy from them because they think there is no other place to go and they pay the prices which is why, I guess, Colony gets away with it. Other people may have had different experiences but I have also found the staff rather off-putting and sometimes just plain rude. I do not do well around rude staff who are selling overpriced goods so I rarely venture in to the store. Glad to hear that Kritzerland will NOT be sold there.

We have Tower and Virgin here in New York. I may be forgetting another. HMV doesn't have a store anymore, so I'm thinking it's one of the first two. An endcap is a special display place, typically at the end of an aisle (hence the name), though there are not many aisles in Tower and Virgin. The merchandise is right there for you to see and you don't have to search through the other CDs to find what you're looking for. If there is a sale, often the sale items are on "endcaps".
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 01:51:20 PM by Ben »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2005, 12:50:55 PM »

I also disklike Colony for their outrageous mark-ups on items.  And it's not like they "hide" their mark-up with their price sticker placed over the one printed on the item - on the sheet music at least.

And they also sell a bunch of "illegal" stuff too - items that aren't supposed to be for sale in the US, but which their "buyers" have bought over in London and other places, and have brought back to be sold in their store - CDs and sheet music.

I do browse there, but I never buy there.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2005, 12:53:23 PM »

And no, it isn't Colony.  It's one of the major chains.  I probably won't sell to Colony at all, just because they irk me.

However, I wouldn't be surprised to walk in there and see some Kritzerland items for sale in the future... They're just that kind of store.

>:(
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2005, 12:59:22 PM »

Spaghetti cooked and eaten. Turned out OK, but I have done better sauce. I was too stingy with the tomato sauce.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2005, 01:03:23 PM »

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm sure tracking #s cost more.  I know when former DR Noel sent his cd, it was $1 or $1.50 and he sent it by air, but no tracking.

DR Jennifer - I think the thing to keep in mind is that Kritzerland is a business.  A small one at this point, but still a business.  I have a feeling that if BK was running this more as a "mom and pop" operation with each order individually weighed for actual costs, packaged "personally", etc., the overhead would just not be worth the trouble.  And the additional costs of the time involved would run up the cost of the items and the shipping.

I seriously doubt that Amazon, Tower, or even DeepDiscountCD could or would ship anything for a $1.00-1.50 - tracking or no tracking.  Yes, they may offer Free Shipping from time to time, but that's definitely a loss leader for them.  -And if I'm remembering correctly, it took Amazon.com YEARS to finally turn an actual profit - and shipping and handling charges were the "culprit".

-And, remember, former DR Noel's CD was not a "professional" CD either.  I seriously doubt he had to deal with the AFM, AFTRA or any other media entities.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2005, 01:03:24 PM »

I feel similarly about Colony. I never buy there, but the store is great fun to browse through. Before I did NUNCRACKERS last winter, I flipped through the score there last July and saw the keys songs were written in so there would be no surprises at auditions.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2005, 01:06:39 PM »

Got I, CLAUDIUS finished and also the last episode of Season 2 of ANGEL. No I'll be starting on another TV show to watch a season of. Perhaps THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW next.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2005, 01:06:57 PM »

Off to a HOT rehearsal.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2005, 01:09:04 PM »

My favorite "endcaps" are the ones at Target that have the Clearance Items.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2005, 01:10:21 PM »

Only one little ol' package today.  Oh, well, tomorrow is another day.

I'm feeling like whatever I've got has moved to its final stages - at least I'm hoping that's so.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2005, 01:11:51 PM »

I also read over the weekend (and confirmed today) that ventriloquist Paul Winchell has died. I always thought he was super talented. Remember the episode of THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW where the insulting puppet Jelly Bean (worked by Winchell) wanted to hire Rob to write his show, and he kept hitting Rob on the head with a ruler? Makes me burst out laughing just thinking about it.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2005, 01:12:47 PM »

[sigh] Another day with no packages. Not a happy experience!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2005, 01:20:27 PM »

I've received two packages today.  One is some PC memory I ordered on-line, the other is another shipment of The Dean Martin Show DVDs, which I had cancelled four months ago.  They stopped charging my account, so I ain't sayin' nothin' to nobody.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 01:21:03 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2005, 01:46:35 PM »

Back from lunch:

Meeting DR Rodzinski was a treat.  He seemed to enjoy the dim sum experience (all except the sticky rice, which was a tad sweet for his taste).

Based on our brief 90 minutes at lunch, I can tell you Tom is a wonderful lunch companion and a good conversationalist.  I would really like to have been able to hang out with him for the couple of hours he has to kill before Antonia will pick him up.  Alas, I had to return to work, but I took him to Jack London Square where he can browse and people-watch.  He can even take in a movie if he wants to.    He can also sit on a bench and look across the bay at San Francisco should he be so inclined, or, he could hop a ferry and cross over to San Francisco.

Oh, yes....Tom will always be able to say he was my first.   Hainsie-Kimlet meet-up, that is.  He's the first of our group I've met in person.

The time flew and I had a good time.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 01:47:30 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2005, 01:46:54 PM »

Only one little ol' package today.  Oh, well, tomorrow is another day.

I'm feeling like whatever I've got has moved to its final stages - at least I'm hoping that's so.

My barber, who just got back from a wedding in Sicily had tonsillitis for two weeks, and I think - like you - he caught it from recycled airplane air.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2005, 01:55:36 PM »

Funny story department: I was just forwarded an e-mail that had been sent to the West Coast rep on the talkinbroadway board.  This e-mail came from a voice teacher in Canada.  Seems she saw our young Caitlynne win her various competitions with my song Annie.  Caitlynne's mother had told me that everyone was asking her where they could get the music for the song, and the mother wouldn't tell them.  So, this enterprising voice teacher took the bull by the horns.  Isn't that funny?  I think I shall now create Kritzerland Music Publishers to publish it and some others.

Ben

« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2005, 01:58:39 PM »

I just thought, it could be Barnes and Noble although I don't think of them as a music store even though many of them have separate departmens with movies and DVDs. I guess we shall see. Mr Kimmel will announce when he's ready.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2005, 02:01:02 PM »

I went to Colony once...the one time I went to New York...and spent almost $500!!  WHAT WAS I THINKING??
You were thinking the exchange rate between NYC and Washington State were in your favor.  They're in the same country, silly!  (Even through some people in NYC don't understand that fact!)

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up