Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: EARS OF CORN  (Read 27394 times)

Jason

Re:EARS OF CORN
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2005, 12:23:37 PM »

I saw that tour of ASPECTS. Ron was pretty great, I thought. His high B-flat at the end of "Love Changes Everything" was something I can only hope to achieve in my lifetime.

Jason

« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2005, 12:46:58 PM »

And in other news...

OY!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2005, 12:58:57 PM »

Do you ever feel like you just want to move far away from your family???

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2005, 01:02:57 PM »

Oh, please!

Every year at Christmastime, I visit my mother and other nearby relatives.

After several dinners and get-togethers I am SO ready to come back to California.

Even though I dearly love my mom and want to live nearer to her, it's the other relatives I want to be further away from.  My mom wouldn't visit without calling, but the rest would.  My relatives live in a town smaller than I'm comfortable thinking about, but I will eventually end up there or nearby.  It IS, after all, HOME.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:04:25 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2005, 01:08:30 PM »

Big Brother 6 SPOILERS:

UNBELIEVABLE !  I was watching for quite a stretch last night and nothing was even remotely hinted at regarding what has transpired today.

It's what makes the live feeds so darned entertaining!!  I have had several passing thoughts similar to Sarah's recent query as to whether Howie had hoped to backdoor Ivette all along.  We all know that's highly unlikely, but I think Howie has finally come to his senses about the stupidity of nominating James and Sarah (and that WAS the right way to go about eliminating the double-whammy of that couple...they are amazingly resilient and resourceful).  Still, Howie knows James WILL be stronger without Sarah and that realization alone makes this "Ivette" nomination so delicious.  I'd much rather it was April on the block, but Ivette will do nicely.  Maybe she can go stay with Cappy now and leave us all in peace.

Even Maggie has confided in April that Ivette's obsession with Cappy has gotten on her nerves.

The real test here is whether April can keep her yap shut or whether she's going to ruin the plan.

Get Ivette out and let Kaysar walk back in and the game is afoot!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:10:29 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jason

« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2005, 01:08:36 PM »

I did move far away from my family and they've found their way up here! Mom and dad visited NY for the first time in February and now they're already talking about coming back in October. Of course, this time they want to bring 4 or 5 of their friends with them!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2005, 01:09:31 PM »

I think everyone here at HHW is deserving of special rats everywhere he goes.

Thanks for the NYC travel update, DRMATT.

Off to rehearsal!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2005, 01:10:29 PM »

DRMBARNUM when and why are you traveling to the Big Apple?  I missed something!  PIPPIN is taking up too much of my time.  I am spending more time with this damn show that if I was directing it!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2005, 01:14:12 PM »

More Big Brother 6 Spoiler:

Never in my experience with Big Brother have any houseguests, in their various groups in one season, ever plotted with such complexity and totally unexpected turnabouts than the current houseguests.

I am stunned and amazed.  

What a pity that tomorrow night's show will be so "drab" since we already know who wins and uses the POV.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:15:18 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2005, 01:19:52 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  I'm enjoying a quiet day off - had lunch with a friend, did a little shopping, and now am doing laundry and listening to my "new" records.  Right now, Julie Andrews is singing "My Own Little Corner."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2005, 01:22:45 PM »

I am really happy to see constant contributor Matt H back from New York and posting again.

It's great to see enthusiastic reports of the shows he went there to see, too.

Things weren't the same without you, Matt!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2005, 01:23:42 PM »

I saw that tour of ASPECTS. Ron was pretty great, I thought. His high B-flat at the end of "Love Changes Everything" was something I can only hope to achieve in my lifetime.

I have a middling C-sharp you oughta hear!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2005, 01:34:01 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Back for a few during my dinner break....

*Due to the changeover schedule, some of the "kids" have been going since midnight last night and will not finish their day until 8:00pm tonight.   That is, unfortunately, they are in the directing project that is being presented tonight.  At midnight.

Now that's dedication!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2005, 01:34:34 PM »

..And the new song is very good too!

Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2005, 01:34:55 PM »

I have a middling C-sharp you oughta hear!

Oh, you!  ;)

I just got off the phone with my home health care provider. They will deliver my CPAP machine on Thursday! Praise be!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2005, 01:35:08 PM »

Dan the Man, I want to read Broadway Babylon! Write it!

MattH, in your singer-dubbers book don't forget one of my favourite singers of all time, Buddy Clark, who used to dub Jack Haley and others.

Yep, I knew that Jack Haley was dubbed by Buddy Clark in WAKE UP AND LIVE which I find odd because Haley had his own radio show where he sang, and of course, he sang in THE WIZARD OF OZ. Buddy also dubbed Mark Stevens in I WONDER WHO'S KISSING HER NOW, but I found he's sometimes credited with dubbing Stevens in OH, YOU BEAUTIFUL DOLL but actually Bill Shirley did that one.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2005, 01:35:53 PM »

DR Jason - ... RE: B.L. - Must be in the air.  :)

I sent an e-mail earlier today - thanks for the address... And I'm about to check to see if there's a response.  I'm all a-twitter!

Talk amongst yourselves.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2005, 01:39:06 PM »

Alas...  No response.  Yet.

Did you say HI for/from me, DR Jason?

-Are you still talking amongst yourselves?
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2005, 01:39:34 PM »

Speaking of CINDERELLA, just bought tickets for the Paper Mill CINDERELLA and HELLO DOLLY, even though no one's saying who's playing Dolly.  

Got great seats for those two shows, but the selection for CARNIVAL was terrible, probably because it's a shorter run, so I'm going to wait until closer to the day (and maybe hope we end up knowing someone involved to get good seats).

But they were very nice about looking for perfs with the best seats.  Most patient regional box office person I've ever encountered.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

OK - Break is coming to an end.  I need to stop by Company Management on the way back to rehearsal, so...

Resume

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2005, 01:42:27 PM »

DR MattH: I'm so glad you enjoyed SPELLING BEE. My friend Lisa plays Rona Lisa Piretti/Olive's Mother. It's truly surreal to see your pals in a Broadway show. At one point I knew four people in HAIRSPRAY all at the same time. Anyway, Lisa and I did MOBY DICK! together. Did I ever send you a copy of the CD? She's FABULOUS. Send me your address...I'll send you copy of the recording.

Thank you, DR Jason. I'll be passing my address to you momentarily. Sounds like an interesting work.

While I was in NYC, I had drinks one night with an old performing crony of mine who's in the A TALE OF TWO CITIES workshop. They want so much to come to Broadway. I'd love to see him on Broadway as I know it's a dream of his, too.

Jason

« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2005, 01:44:47 PM »

Alas...  No response.  Yet.

Did you say HI for/from me, DR Jason?

JOSE: Sorry...I didn't have a chance. I was on the phone when he walked through. He had two guests with him, so I couldn't really wave him over. His visitors may explain the delay in his response to you, as well.

I don't really care about CINDERELLA at PaperMill. I saw it at NYCO and that was such a miserable experience that I've got a bad taste in my mouth about that show. It's silly, I know, but there you have it.

I've never seen CARNIVAL, but I've heard it's a great score. I'll wait to see who's playing DOLLY before I think about that one. Is Michele Pawk old enough to play the part? I think she'd be faboo....

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2005, 01:46:33 PM »

Thanks for the NYC travel update, DRMATT.

You're welcome, DR JRand. I have one more show to talk about, too, which I'll save for later.

Jason

« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2005, 01:46:58 PM »

Ooooh...I'm so close to 1000!! PUSH, BABY, PUUUUUUUSH!!

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2005, 01:47:44 PM »

I am really happy to see constant contributor Matt H back from New York and posting again.

It's great to see enthusiastic reports of the shows he went there to see, too.

Things weren't the same without you, Matt!

Thank you, DR Ron. I appreciate the kind words. I missed coming to HHW and am glad to be back.

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2005, 01:50:55 PM »

Oh, CARNIVAL! is one of my all-time favorite shows seen in NYC. I was about 11 when I saw it, and I was enchanted from beginning to end. Couldn't wait to get the cast recording, and I played it until my family was so sick of hearing Anna Maria's voice that I could only play it when my dad was out of the house. Well, I guess "Mira" and "Yes, My Heart" would get old to someone who doesn't like show music and had to hear them dozens of times a day (at loud volume).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:52:05 PM by Matt H. »

FJL

« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2005, 01:51:38 PM »

Saw CARNIVAL at Encores.  It was a bit creepy (I think it's supposed to be), but I love the score.   It'll be nice to see a full production.

Jason

« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2005, 01:52:44 PM »

Based on your review, DR MattH, perhaps I should get the recording...

Jason

« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2005, 01:54:12 PM »

DR FJL: Did you see THE BAKER'S WIFE at PaperMill? It was nice to see the show fully realized, though I was somewhat disappointed with Ms. Ripley's breathy performance.

And this is post #1000 for me! Huzzah!!

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2005, 01:54:53 PM »

I got laundry done last night when I got back, but I did not do lunch with friends today but have stayed around the house catching up on mail and other necessities. I got a few things watched on the DVR that I had recorded while I was gone, but I have not gotten one second to crack open that THIN MAN boxed set and watch them. Hopefully, I can get to one (or two) tonight. I do love them so much, but I have to clear off the DVR because there are shows coming on that I need to record and I need the space.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up