Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PLU PLU  (Read 29224 times)

Jason

Re:PLU PLU
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 07:46:09 AM »

I don't wear jewelry. I used to wear a watch and a ring, but I've even abandoned wearing those.

I have a large collection of colognes - most of them of the cheap persuasion. I only use 2 or 3, depending on the season and the occassion. I have very fond memories of Drakkar Noir. Every time I smell it I'm reminded of someone who was once very dear to me.

Currently I wear Burberry Brit for Men, Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret, Nomad from Crabtree & Evelyn and an Eau de Toilette from L'Occitane en Provence.

THE COLOR PURPLE last night was quite good, and I noticed a few subtle changes here and there since last week. LaChanze was in very good voice last night and I agree with Ben - the woman playing Sophia is my first pick for a Best Featured Actress in a Musical nomination. She's wonderful.

And now, I have to get some work done...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2005, 07:47:52 AM »

I also have an original Mickey Mouse tie clip from the original Mickey Mouse Club. I got it sometime in the late 50s. I like to wear it and see if people notice.

Lucky, lucky, lucky.  I would LOVE to still have my Hopalong Cassidy watch.  I don't have a clue what happened to it.

I'd like to think my mother socked it away somewhere, but I think she would have let me know about it by now.

So....treasure that watch, Ben.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2005, 07:49:55 AM »

Perfume:  I must start by saying that people wear too much friggin perfume.  It's not supposed to choke you.  It's supposed to waft lightly in front of one's nose as you sashay down the hallway, leaving a lovely wake behind you.  If people are gagging and choking in your wake and holding their breath as you approach, YOU ARE WEARING TOO MUCH EFFING PERFUME!!  There, I feel plubetter.

Now, having said that, I have spent considerable time looking for the perfect scent for myself.  I am extremely picky and have a mortal fear of being like one of the people in the abovementioned paragraph.  But I finally found a scent at Victoria's Secret that I LOVE.  It's called Basic Instinct and I happened upon it quite by accident.  It's perfect for me, as it captures my sweet, domestic side and also my wild, SASSY side.
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2005, 07:54:13 AM »

Jewelry:  I wear my wedding ring (DH Noel has an identical one, and when we click them together we activate our special powers), sometimes I wear my engagement ring (on the other hand), and sometimes I wear a silver necklace that a former boss gave me.  It has a little square that has my name engraved on it.

Other than that, I am not much of a jewelry person.  I always lose jewelry or don't take good enough care of it.  Generally, I wear the things that mean something to me, and if I happen to have a piece that matches what I'm wearing, I'll throw that on.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2005, 07:55:23 AM »

I've had little side conversations with two co-workers about their perfumes.

They each wear different ones, and most don't bother me.  But each has worn something that causes my eyes to water and my sinuses to clog.

I explained to them that their perfume (that day) contained some ingredient that was harmful to me, and I asked them to please be understanding and not be offended when I distanced myself from them and excused myself from any meetings we might mutually attend.  Also, I've asked them to take alternate routes in the office to avoid passing my desk.

I asked this of them nicely, and in some obvious physical distress. Both were very apologetic, mindful of my needs that day and neither has worn that particular scent to work since.

I have also stopped an elevator and gotten off as quickly as possible because of someone's perfume.  Loud applications of cologne/perfurme in an elevator is as inexcusable as someone's cell phone conversation in an elevator.

(And when such a conversation takes place, I talk more loudly, sing a song, sneeze or have a coughing fit just to "annoy" the person who presumed everyone had to "shush" because of the call).

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:59:39 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2005, 07:58:18 AM »

I'd like to say thanks to those of you who offered rental suggestions for me yesterday.

Also, to those of you who keep up the spoiler space for LOST, thank you very much for doing that.  I just ordered season one from netflix, so anything is a spoiler for me.  If I see the word LOST in anyone's post, I skip it, and it's great if there's a spoiler space before any huge plot details are disclosed.  This summer I caught a couple episodes, very close to the beginning, and I got hooked, so I decided to rent the whole season.   Oh boy, I can't wait!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2005, 08:02:47 AM »

Good morning!

I slept well, but for some reason, I woke up at 6:40 and knew that was it for sleep, so I got up and went out to get the newspaper. Lo and behold, drizzle! 30 days since the last rain came some more!

As I sit here now at 11 a.m., there is not a cloud in the sky and the wet streets from pre-dawn are now dry. Had I not gotten up so early, I might never have known we had any rain at all.

The temperatures have dropped, however. No more 80 degree weather for us. High today is only to be 63. In other words, November is REALLY here!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2005, 08:06:17 AM »

Since I had such an early morning, I went ahead and watched VERONICA MARS this morning. A couple of the references to last season had me momentarily puzzled, so thankfully I was able to rewind the DVR to the spot and watch certain things over again to make sure I knew who the people were who were talking or being talked about. This show as A LOT of characters, and not all of them are alive any more.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2005, 08:08:37 AM »

Also had time to watch last night's LAW & ORDER, a melancholy case involving a woman who miscarried her own baby and the extent she went to to get another new born infant to keep her husband from leaving her. Due to people's lies, the case kept getting more and more complex. By the end, the true story seemed fairly obvious but could anyone REALLY be certain? If I had been on that jury, I'm not sure I could have eliminated my reasonable doubt.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2005, 08:10:36 AM »

According to Deep Discount (where I ordered the new versions of OKLAHOMA and STATE FAIR since they were a dollar or so cheaper than Amazon's price), my DVDs were shipped today! Let's see when they arrive here.

When Amazon ships on Monday, I get them on Wednesday. I'll be interested to see now how Deep Discount's free shipping rate compares.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2005, 08:11:56 AM »

TOD - I've never been much of a jewelry person.  In my current line of work, it's simply impractical.  I wash my hands an average of 20 times a day, so a watch would be ruined.  I constantly have small babies in my arms or on my lap, which means any bracelets or necklaces would be fair game for little wandering hands.
I used to wear a small gold carved band from my mother.  She and my sister both have identical ones.  I also have an amethyst ring that I like.  Unfortunately, since my weight loss a few years ago, none of my old rings fit.  So I am now just sans jewelry.  

Scent.  After years of trying to find a scent that worked for me, I've found a "cold weather" one.  It's Winter Candy Apple by Bath and Body Works.  I now stock up on it each winter, because it's a seasonal one for them.  But the warmth of it only works in colder weather...so I've yet to find a Spring/Summer one.  Even the Winter Candy Apple one I only wear very rarely.  Little children are often affected by scents, so we don't wear them at work.  And more to the point, I'm too lazy to remember that often :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2005, 08:13:22 AM »

I think I mentioned this before, but I once worked in a smallish office space with a woman who literally bathed herself with Obsession every day.  I used to like that scent but after spending a few weeks' time in close proximity wit this woman it came to make me want to gag.  Even after she left to work in another area, her desk and chair retained the scent for months afterwards.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2005, 08:13:51 AM »

I wear no jewelry. I have a couple of watches, but not working now, I have no need to wear them. When I'm on vacation I will wear a watch if I need to know certain times to meet up with folks.

I have my dad's wedding ring and also a diamond ring that he left me. I have them, but I don't wear them. I have worn the wedding ring in shows where my character had to be married. Otherwise, it stays in my jewelry box.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2005, 08:16:20 AM »

I think Obsession is the most choking perfume/cologne ever invented. It is WAY too heavy in aroma for my nose to take.

I have a fairly large collection of colognes but I rarely wear them except on very special occasions. My favorites are CK One, Drakkar, and Gray Flannel.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2005, 08:22:33 AM »

I have to say that I was not upset at all by the identity of the person who died last night on LOST. I had nothing against this person, but I have not retained much interest in this person's story since the major events of last season which involved him/her. If I had had a choice of the major adult cast members, this person would have been my choice.

Matt H.

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2005, 08:23:09 AM »

Now, I have to go get cleaned up since I'm lunching and shopping with friends this afternoon.

WBBL.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2005, 08:23:30 AM »

There are a few young guys in my office who wear that Axe body spray.  That also makes me want to gag.  They smell like cheap French gigolos.  Not that I've ever smelt a cheap French gigolo, but that's what I imagine one would smell like.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2005, 08:28:56 AM »

I have to say that I was not upset at all by the identity of the person who died last night on LOST. I had nothing against this person, but I have not retained much interest in this person's story since the major events of last season which involved him/her. If I had had a choice of the major adult cast members, this person would have been my choice.

Quelle surprise!

;)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2005, 08:30:31 AM »

Not really LOST spoilers, but maybe kind of department:

We were pleasantly surprised (so to speak) about the dear departed on Lost.  DS Betsy only started watching regularly this year, so I have been "catching her up", but I was convinced up until the denouement it was going to be either the blonde or brunette of the "new" castaways.   I also thought it was great that for the first time more than one person at a time heard the whispers, and more than one person at a time saw Walt.  And the new "relationship" developed in the closing seconds promises to be interesting, to say the least.  Kudos to the Lost writing team for avoiding all the cliche-ridden pitfalls that have ruined Desperate Housewives for us this year.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jason

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2005, 08:32:12 AM »

I agree about Obesession. Too heavy a scent for my personal taste. I used to have a bottle of it and it took FOREVER to use it all up. A little spritz'll more than do ya.

I might be in the minority about this, but CK One is too sweet for me. I have distinct memories of a guy I used to wait tables with  who would go outside to smoke (cigarettes or otherwise) and then would bathe himself in CK One (this was right after it came out) and make all of us sick to our stomachs when he came back inside. Since then, CK One has turned my stomach.

Isn't it weird how we retain those sense memories over the years? Any time I smell Polo I think of my dad and anytime I smell Old Spice I think of my grandpa. My maternal grandmother has always worn White Shoulders, while I honestly can't remember what scent my Granny wears. I remember she had an awful lot of perfume bottles, but very few of them had been used...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2005, 08:37:40 AM »

This is the watch I had...and the packaging it came in.  I don't recall if it was a birthday present or "Santy Claus":

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 08:37:56 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2005, 08:41:29 AM »

Also had time to watch last night's LAW & ORDER, a melancholy case involving a woman who miscarried her own baby and the extent she went to to get another new born infant to keep her husband from leaving her. Due to people's lies, the case kept getting more and more complex. By the end, the true story seemed fairly obvious but could anyone REALLY be certain? If I had been on that jury, I'm not sure I could have eliminated my reasonable doubt.

I loved how they ended it:  "I think I'll go home and take the weekend off."

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2005, 08:44:44 AM »

And now, I'm shutting off the computer and opening a very large book.  WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2005, 08:46:53 AM »

Not really LOST spoilers, but maybe kind of department:
We were pleasantly surprised (so to speak) about the dear departed on Lost.   And the new "relationship" developed in the closing seconds promises to be interesting, to say the least.

LOST spoilers:

What relationship developed in the closing seconds?  Do you mean Locke and Claire?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2005, 08:49:11 AM »

LOST spoilers:

What relationship developed in the closing seconds?  Do you mean Locke and Claire?

Sayid and "Angry Hispanic Woman" (what's her name, anyway?).   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2005, 08:54:35 AM »

Sayid and "Angry Hispanic Woman" (what's her name, anyway?).   ;)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....yes.  That IS going to be interesting.

Angry Hispanic woman is named Ana-Lucia Cortez (Michelle Rodriguez).  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 09:03:05 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2005, 09:04:50 AM »

I was very tired last night and had to record "Invasion," which I will watch this evening, either before "Survivor" or later (maybe even tomorrow).  Will also record "Smallville" and "Everwood" tonight as I'll be watching "CSI" when the latter show is on.

Thursdays are VERY busy at my house, electronics-wise.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2005, 09:07:06 AM »

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....yes.  That IS going to be interesting.

Angry Hispanic woman is named Ana-Lucia Cortez (Michelle Rodriguez).  

Yep.  She hasn't made a very good first impression on the castaways.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2005, 09:08:05 AM »

Yes, that should be very interesting to see where that goes (pertaining to the LOST couple mentioning previously).

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2005, 09:09:36 AM »

Yes, Thursday is full of choices for me, too, but I've eliminated one of them. No more NIGHT STALKER for me. However, I have added SMALLVILLE to the 8 p.m. hour rather than waiting for reruns like I did last year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up