Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PLU PLU  (Read 29969 times)

Jennifer

Re:PLU PLU
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2005, 10:10:47 AM »

I always wear a watch (could not live without one).

I usually wear earrings when i go out on the weekends.

I sometimes wear rings. I have a very nice 4 diamond anniversary band from my grandmother. I also have a ruby ring.  And a bunch of Guess rings.

Unfortunately my ring finger is quite small (size 5). So I have to wear most of the Guess rings on my index finger (or sometimes even thumb). :(

I really love rubies.  And my newest favorite gemstone is called Diamonelle. I don't own any, but i want it!!!  it's a lab created diamond, that looks exactly like diamonds to the naked eye (even a jeweller would think it was real, unless he used the microscope). This allows you to get a really gorgeous ring for only like $300! :)

Jason

« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2005, 10:11:52 AM »

One of the nice things about living in NYC - no matter how much cologne you put on, as soon as you walk out the door, the scent is quickly overpowered by the stench of garbage. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2005, 10:16:18 AM »

Question re: LOST.

Can someone describe the preview they showed on ABC for next week's show?

I watched on CTV (canadian) and didn't really pay attention. But they don't usually show the same previews.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2005, 10:19:42 AM »

I don't think E.M. would like Hans' ugly mug scaring away the low-rent boys and grenadiers.

Forster liked a bit of the red, did he?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2005, 10:20:52 AM »

I like diamonds, of course.  Blue stones are also a favorite.

My birthstone is the peridot - which is green, so I will throw that in.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2005, 10:23:13 AM »

Question re: LOST.

Can someone describe the preview they showed on ABC for next week's show?

I watched on CTV (canadian) and didn't really pay attention. But they don't usually show the same previews.

The preview I saw was for an episode in which we are taken back to the original crash where the story will pick up with what happened to the folks in the tail section...how they survived and what has happened to them up until now.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2005, 10:25:50 AM »

Stuffing Balls - that's the title of my next novel.

Stuffing Balls???  Where is TCB when you need him?

Sounds like a set-up for a thong joke.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2005, 10:30:56 AM »

Like many here, I'm not much for jewelry...never had any rings or chains or any of that stuff.  My senior year I got the ubiquitious class ring and about two weeks of having it, lost in a softball game during gym class.  It's probably buried some where in the dirt of the ball field still.  

I wear a watch and have had a series of them over the years.  But purely as a necessity.  None have ever been expensive (I doubt any have ever cost over 25 bucks), and I only wear it when I'm going out.  When I'm at home...I can't stand to have the thing on my wrist. I must have a leather band; don't like those metal stretchy things.  

A friend of mine once gave me a lovely expensive pocket watch, which I tried to get into for awhile, but the first time the chain caught on something that was pretty much it.

I used to love to wear cuff links as a kid...and could probably still get into that, if I had half the energy, since it's jewelry that is not on your skin and doesn't really get in the way of anything, but then I'd have to invest in French cuff shirts and all that.  Too much trouble.

I occasionally will wear a small pin in my lapel.  One is a movie camera on a tripod; the other is a silver shield and sword with the knight's code I wrote for Dragonheart inscribed on the shield.

I do own a tuxedo and have a couple sets of button studs and cuff links for that.

My current colognes are Envy and Coriolan, which is the scent I use the most.  They no longer make it, but The Lovely Wife found someplace on the internet who was closing it out and bought several bottles that will last me for quite sometime.  They all came in great little travel kits...each with a large bottle of cologne; a smaller bottle of cologne, and a body wash.  She got about half dozen of them.  So I'm fixed for awhile.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 10:31:31 AM by Charles Pogue »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2005, 10:44:17 AM »

DR GINNY was this the grant that took so long to get mailed?  And even then you weren't sure it was on its way?

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2005, 10:45:37 AM »

DR GINNY was this the grant that took so long to get mailed?  And even then you weren't sure it was on its way?

Yes, DR JRand, and I'm pretty sure that was part of the problem.  There were 45 applications and 10 awards.  I'd bet none of the 10 successful apps arrived by FedEx on the deadline day.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 10:49:29 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2005, 10:46:52 AM »

Cuff links!  Oh my, I forgot all about those!

Cuff links and tie pins.  Some very nice ones have already been mentioned.  I have a few shirts with French Cuffs and a couple of pairs of links - my favorite pair being the Comedy/Tragedy masks (one of each).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2005, 10:49:15 AM »

On EBAY from time to time is the Bulova Academy Awards watch and case.  Were these given to presenters as a gift?  Or was it a promotion because Bulova was an advertiser on the TV ceremony?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2005, 11:02:26 AM »

SASSY, baby, SASSY.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »

HI all I am not caught up and will just be making a breief cameo at this time I had meetings and closings outof the office all morning and Imust leave againin about 45 minutes

Please sned some heavy duty vibes

I am leavingbecasue we got a calll from vixdad's cardioligist who said that his stress test results were NOT plu plu or pluperfect or anything else that you like to hear and in fact we have a 4 PM EST appointment with the cardioligist to discuss cardiograms and the like

My favorite jewelry and the only thing I wear always  are my wedding and engagement rings.

I also have a small gold hummingbird pin with ruby eye that vixdad gave me the first Christmas after we were married that I wear occassionally but I am always so scared of losing it I have trouble enoying wearing it!

I rarely wear anty perfume but for  'special" occassions I will wear some Black Diamonds, also a present from vixdad

I wear "costume" jewelry earrings
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2005, 11:10:20 AM »

Special Note to DR Jose ... thepackage arrived yesterday... teh Vixter was thrilled and if the damn dialup would have worked you would have gotten a email frpom her right then and there!  They local cable co is pushing and pushing for us to go to a cable provider service and I think that they are sabatoging the dial service in the area because   it is really turning into a 50/50 propsisition every time we try to dial in

Any way her immediate rection was "Tel Jose I will always consider him a benefactor!!"  (BTW can you guys guess from her quotes lately that her semester project waw Anne of Green Gables?  She has adopted Anne's speech patterns and vocabulary!! LOL  I am waiting for her to start calling us all kindred spirits or bosom friends!l

Anyway Jose she is absolutely thrilled with the flyer and we are looking a getting it framed in plexiglass so you can see both sides!

Jason

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2005, 11:10:48 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~BEST HEALTH VIBES TO DH VIXDAD AND FAMILY!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vixmom

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2005, 11:11:15 AM »

Okay that's its from me... some stuff I have to do before I can leave and I have to leave at 2:45!

Please send those Vibes!!!
Thanks!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2005, 11:11:43 AM »

Lost lack of sensitivity department:  (possible spoilage)

Did anyone else think of that 70s song dedicated to a certain dead dog with the same name as the recently departed cast member?  I started singing it this morning when DS Betsy and I woke up and I was roundly slugged.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2005, 11:15:55 AM »

Sounds like the LACC show is coming along nicely - including Uncle Tanoose's niece as an assistant.  Wait he wasn't Armenian was he?  Does she know Uncle Tanoose?

AND a plu-mysterious meeting today about SOE - something of interest.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2005, 11:17:32 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are vibes for GOOD news from the doc for VIXDAD.

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2005, 11:18:11 AM »

Vibes for vixdad!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2005, 11:23:08 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(for Vixdad)

(There were a lot more of them, but they put us in SuperCinemascope.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 11:24:24 AM by JMK »

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2005, 11:26:45 AM »

On SMALLVILLE, Aquaman was very smitten with Lois Lane. In his own comic, who was his girl friend?

Queen Mera, his wife, who turned evil because she blamed Aquaman for the death of their infant son.  Aquaman then hooked up with a girl with like powers named Dolphin.  She later wound up marrying Aqualad.  I believe Aquaman is currently back with his no-longer-evil wife.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2005, 11:33:47 AM »

My favorite gem would be emerald, mostly because I like the color green.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2005, 11:42:33 AM »

I got DS Betsy a recreation of a Victorian era ring for our engagement.  The stones spell out "Dearest":

DIAMOND
EMERALD
AMETHYST
RUBY
EMERALD
SAPPHIRE
TOPAZ

(Lest you think me cheap for not springing for a huge rock, she had just been given a 9 karat diamond ring (I kid you not) from her grandmother's estate, so she specifically asked me not to get another big diamond for her).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2005, 12:10:45 PM »

(Lest you think me cheap for not springing for a huge rock, she had just been given a 9 karat diamond ring (I kid you not) from her grandmother's estate, so she specifically asked me not to get another big diamond for her).

These diamonds are stale!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2005, 12:16:46 PM »

Good vibes for Vixdad. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2005, 12:17:41 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  HEALTH VIBES FOR VIXDAD  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2005, 12:18:44 PM »

DR RonP re: next week's LOST preview.

Okay then that is the preview I saw as well.  It looks like it will basically be a full hour episode recapping what has transpired with all those at the other end of the plane.  So I guess we will see exactly what has happened to them all these weeks.  

I think this is a good idea since a bunch of them are now going to be on the show.  And it will help us get more connected to them, so the week after we can see the aftermath of the death.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2005, 12:25:13 PM »

I got DS Betsy a recreation of a Victorian era ring for our engagement.  The stones spell out "Dearest":

DIAMOND
EMERALD
AMETHYST
RUBY
EMERALD
SAPPHIRE
TOPAZ

I love the Victorian ring.  Next time I visit I must see her grandmother's ring. ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up