Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SO, GOOD  (Read 13052 times)

Cillaliz

Re: SO, GOOD
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »

OMG... I have to drive by this place  http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/app/videos/?id=24362421

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2010, 05:00:18 PM »

Here's a direct link to the BBC iPlayer with Beverley's show and my review of La Cage. It's about 32 minutes into the show. Beverley plays a clip from Phantom (with Sara Brightman and Cliff Richard) and then introduces me.

Click on the picture of Beverley to play the show.

BBC Radio Wales Showtime

It worked!  This is the first time I've connected to the show.  The sound quality isn't very good.  I'm still not up to you Ben.

Jane

« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »

The sound has improved and I'm now listening to the wonderful voice of DR Ben. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2010, 05:07:35 PM »

Last night, I dreamed about the horrible office warehouse where I suffered for several years between 1973 and 1977, Office Outfitters, owned by a total jerk named Dudley Inwood, whom we called Deadly behind his back. Fifteen minutes ago, I answered the phone and it was a call from Chuck Veidt, one of my co-workers from Office Outfitters, who was trying to track me down for another of our co-workers, Peggy Short, who's around 87 now. She and my mother were the same age. We will get together when I'm back to visit at Thanksgiving.

I've ordered the filing cabinet, which will arrive on Tuesday, tidied up as much of the mess as I can, and I feel pretty good about the apartment situation. I'm still undecided about whether or not to move the floor lamp.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2010, 05:10:35 PM »

Amy, we will probably be able to get to the 6:30 show. I prefer that one anyway. I'm gettin' to be an old man and a movie at 8:20 sounds late to me ;)

We look forward to seeing you there! Mom will be with her other half, Naz. So glad you can come to it!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2010, 05:12:06 PM »

Now that I have somewhat recovered from my travels I can no longer put off beginning the first of my two years of nightly injections to build bone.  I sure could use some vibes this doesn't make me ill.  Nausea is one of the main side effects, dizziness the other.  Needless to say I'm somewhat nervous about them.

Ben

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2010, 05:24:57 PM »

Thanks for the original link, DR BEN.

Doris Day interview on this page.....what a great listen!

http://culture.wnyc.org/articles/features/2010/oct/30/celebrating-hollywood-legend-doris-day/#comments

Thanks for posting this link Jack. I recorded it but because it was streaming live on my computer it cut out for a few seconds three times. Now I have the entire thing. I thought it was a great interview and she's still amazing at 86.

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »

VIBES TO DR JANE~~~~~

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2010, 05:28:39 PM »

Amazing is right, DR BEN.....although I'm not sure she remembers the SOUTH PACIFIC story correctly.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »

I have no idea where the cats are.  I am  hoping this is a good thing.  I have known where there were all day by the howling and hissing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2010, 05:29:49 PM »

I am watching Titanic on TBS. Haven't seen it in a while. Don't know if I'll watch the whole thing, but it's fun to see

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »

Vibes for DR JANE......

The last of the trick or treaters have gone.....we had lots of fairy princesses, a few Supermans - including a set of twins - a few Harry Potters...and lots of Shreks and Buzz Lightyears.....BUT what we had most was PIRATES!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »

Our trick or treaters are tomorrow night

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2010, 05:33:58 PM »

I am watching Titanic on TBS. Haven't seen it in a while. Don't know if I'll watch the whole thing, but it's fun to see

I may watch the 1953 version.....seeing the exhibit this week sparked the interest again.  And though I give credit to Mr Walter Lord and A Night to Remember.....my two favorite Titanic books are Maiden Voyage by Geoffrey Marcus and The Titanic: End of a Dream by Wyn Craig Wade.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »

MR BK will soon see Annie Mudge become Miss Hannigan.....I am sure it will be a treat.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2010, 05:46:43 PM »

Thanks for the original link, DR BEN.

Doris Day interview on this page.....what a great listen!

http://culture.wnyc.org/articles/features/2010/oct/30/celebrating-hollywood-legend-doris-day/#comments

Thanks for posting this link Jack. I recorded it but because it was streaming live on my computer it cut out for a few seconds three times. Now I have the entire thing. I thought it was a great interview and she's still amazing at 86.

I just began listening. Thank you!!! If I can't finish tonight I hope I can reconnect tomorrow. 

Jane

« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »

Vibes for DR JANE......

The last of the trick or treaters have gone.....we had lots of fairy princesses, a few Supermans - including a set of twins - a few Harry Potters...and lots of Shreks and Buzz Lightyears.....BUT what we had most was PIRATES!!!!

Tonight? ? ?

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »

I may watch the 1953 version.....seeing the exhibit this week sparked the interest again.  And though I give credit to Mr Walter Lord and A Night to Remember.....my two favorite Titanic books are Maiden Voyage by Geoffrey Marcus and The Titanic: End of a Dream by Wyn Craig Wade.

I think the St Paul Exhibit was in 1991.  It was great but I'm sure it's bigger and better now

Jane

« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2010, 05:49:09 PM »

Thank you DRs Cilla & Jrand.

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »

I think what amazed me the most was a jar of olives that looked like you could open it and eat them

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2010, 05:57:12 PM »

The cats have been quiet for over 1/2 hour.  Hmmmm maybe I need to take my camera and find them

Jane

« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2010, 05:57:34 PM »

Photos! :)

Jane

« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »

I never read the entire story of Doris Day's accident.  Boy could she have won a big settlement today.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2010, 06:05:44 PM »

Bruce do you have your flights for your Portland trip?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2010, 06:14:45 PM »

Wow, what a great Beverly Humphries show---besides our DR Ben, we got Johnny Mercer, Yip Harburg and FINIAN'S RAINBOW. I never realized that "It's Only a Paper Moon" was a Yip Harburg song.

And I don't think there's is anyone else on earth with a voice as warm and inviting as Beverly!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »

No photo op.  Boo is sleeping in the living room with me (I hadn't noticed her)  the other two were down the basement together but not "together".   I did take some this afternoon. Let me see if I can get them on my computer

FJL

« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2010, 06:29:39 PM »

I press on in my YouTube campaign to give Doris the Oscar that Jean-Luc Godard doesn't seem to want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrSMfxOUnc

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »

Ricky is trying very hard to get the girls attention

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »

Ricky seems to adore Callie, she has tolerated him

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2010, 06:43:07 PM »