Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED  (Read 17917 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2004, 02:58:24 PM »

...PAGE THREE. That was hard work. I think I threw out my back.

Panni

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2004, 03:02:06 PM »

...And now I'll have to search through the trash to find my back because it's not really something one should throw out.  And while I'm searching through soggy garbage for my back, I hope there will be some major posting going on or we'll have some 'splainin' to do when Ricky bk gets back from rehearsal.

Tomovoz

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2004, 03:14:21 PM »

I shall return after breakfast.. Hope you can find your back DR Panni.
This is minor posting.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

I've seen several, ahem, videos that kick off with that scenario, Dear Reader Elmore 3003.  Perhaps you'll be able to enjoy a similar experience.  And work out the kinks in your back in the process!

Dream on, Alice, I've got my own Wonderland!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2004, 04:04:41 PM »

Big day here. I am to pay for my forthcoming trip to France. Hope my credit card can stand the strain. Six weeks away now.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

Slow day. I have just driven to the Post Office and back and return home to no more posts!

My mail today included a Jimmie Rodgers CD - his two albums from his time with A & M in the late sixties. "Child Of Clay" and "The Windmills Of Your Mind".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2004, 04:30:24 PM »

Also received the most recent "Sondheim Review" - after I had written to say I has not received it - I think the magazine has major problems.
I really miss "Show Music".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2004, 04:31:04 PM »

Another 70 posts from me and the day will be saved!
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2004, 04:38:03 PM »

I've been here, but watching TV and listening to Donald's radio show (last week's "2x2").  Right now I'm watching a show on the Discovery channel where they're building a submerged tunnel between Scotland and Norway.  They're also contemplating the feasibility of this kind of tunnel between New York (USA) and England!  It would be submerged, but not on the floor of the ocean.  They're also predicting that they have the technology (if not the $12 trillion) to make it fast enough that it would only take an hour between New York and England!  As incredible as it seems, and however plausible that it might be, I'll believe it when I see it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2004, 04:39:09 PM »

Also received the most recent "Sondheim Review" - after I had written to say I has not received it - I think the magazine has major problems.
I really miss "Show Music".

I haven't gotten a new issue!  Where's mine?? :'(  Tomovoz, do you happen to know when it was supposed to be released?  It's the Spring 2004 issue, but their website doesn't list a street date.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 04:43:55 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2004, 04:43:17 PM »

My "new" issue was Spring 2004! Late late late.
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2004, 04:43:19 PM »

Jane - Rachel is arriving this evening.

:) :) Have fun!

Tomovoz

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2004, 04:52:11 PM »

DR George, Time for you to email the SR. It should have been out months ago - May. there is an extract from the review on their site - that is why I knew it was out and I had a renewal notification which assumed I  had received the issue. (the last on my current subscription). The new Business Manager replied promptly to my email.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 04:52:53 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2004, 04:54:34 PM »

MBarnum, it worked.  I included some Tylenol and a couple of large pieces of watermelon.  Then we went out saw I, ROBOT.

Only an hour to go from NY to London-sounds scary.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2004, 04:56:19 PM »

No...in your picture yesterday, DRPANNI...it is NOT the Blob...it is the Creeping Terror.

I am not feeling very well today.  Not well at all....

Crazy people in MBARNUM's neighborhood?  Oh my.

I asked for life lessons yesterday....so where are they?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2004, 04:58:12 PM »

DR George:  Paul Salsini has left the SR and Ray Birks is the Business Manager. Let's hope it does continue - and not only because I have just renewed!
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2004, 04:58:42 PM »

DR George, Time for you to email the SR. It should have been out months ago - May. there is an extract from the review on their site - that is why I knew it was out and I had a renewal notification which assumed I  had received the issue. (the last on my current subscription). The new Business Manager replied promptly to my email.

Thanks for the info.  I will e-mail them.

Tomovoz

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2004, 04:59:34 PM »

DR Jane.  So what did you think of "I Robot"?
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2004, 05:03:32 PM »

Well, I must be off.  I am supposed to usher for "Dancin' In the Streets" that I ushered for on Thursday, and a friend of mine who was going to usher instead of me (because I just saw it on Thursday) hasn't called to confirm that she'll usher for me...so I must ush.  I have to take a shower and leave by 5:30.  The show starts at 7:00 p.m.  Have a good chat!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2004, 05:05:24 PM »

Oh...oh....I forgot to mention something that may be of some interest here.

I saw HELL'S ANGELS on TCM a few days ago.  I had never seen it before, and I liked it.  In searching for a copy of the VHS with the restored 2-strip Technicolor sequences, I discovered it was OOP....and most copies on Amazon were selling for more than $50!  Yesterday a video turned up on EBAY....and I am still the top bidder at $16.01 - with a top bid of $16.55.

BUT I don't care if I am outbid....because on December 7, 2004, an official Universal DVD version will be released!!  Yes, HELL'S ANGELS with Miss Jean Harlow is coming to DVD!!!

My favorite part was the Zeppelin attack and its subsequent destruction...hand tinted...and eerily prescient of the destruction 7 years later of the Hindenburg.

Panni

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2004, 05:16:46 PM »

*****JRand - Feel better vibes!****

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2004, 05:17:34 PM »

Thanks...I sort of do.

Panni

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2004, 05:17:51 PM »

No...in your picture yesterday, DRPANNI...it is NOT the Blob...it is the Creeping Terror.

Oh. Now I feel better.

Panni

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2004, 05:25:27 PM »

Life lessons:  That's a hard one. I think when you're younger it's really easy to rhyme off rules to live by because you basically know very little of what life is truly like. (A generality, of course.)
I think that one of the major lessons life has taught me is to try and be good to people. The Golden Rule and all that.

And the most important thing my mother taught me is to never feel defeated, no matter how hopeless the situation seems. To always feel there is a way out and you will find it. (She was a Holocaust survivor, so she knew what she was talking about.) I've passed that one on to my daughter.

Panni

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2004, 05:27:01 PM »

Let's see if we can drag this baby to Page Five...

Tomovoz

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2004, 05:37:22 PM »

Maybe we need to dress the baby in drag to get to page 5.
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2004, 05:37:27 PM »

This is dangerous.  My appetite is returning but my stomach is still sensitive.  I must try and control myself and be very careful what I eat.  Meaning I probably shouldn’t eat the corn on the cob I’m cooking. ::)

JRand feel better.

elmore if you ask the people in the apartment below you to look at the plug, they may be more than happy to do so.

Panni, good for your mother.  I had to learn that lesson on my own and I’m not sure I passed it on to my children.

Tomovoz, the special effects were very good and the story was enjoyable.  If you are an Asimov fan, don’t expect his book as the movie is loosely based on it.  It was a fun summer flick, nothing great.  If you don’t get fussy about the holes in the plot the movie will be more enjoyable.

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2004, 05:40:21 PM »

JRand53, hope you are feeling better! Maybe it is the heat!

My house is clean! I am very happy, but there are piles of stuff I must now find places for...stuff that previously was sitting on tables or chairs or countertops, etc. How does it all accumulate so??!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2004, 05:45:37 PM »

MBarnum - I am pleased to know that music helped you FINNISH your chores. Did you notice the photocopy of the autograph from "Cat Cat"? A colleage has a Finnish penfriend she has corresponded with since she was a teenager living in Scotland (the colleage emigrated from Scotland to Oz nearly 20 eyars ago). The "penfriend" kindly provided the CDs.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2004, 05:47:58 PM »

DR DiT: Still no word from Dan the Man. I may have to write to his place of work - the only address I have. Very odd to disappear so suddenly.
He is not the only one to be missing of late!
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up