Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED  (Read 17942 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2004, 05:55:02 PM »

And one for Mahler!

Panni

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2004, 05:57:58 PM »

If you go to

http://psc.disney.go.com/disneychannel/originalmovies/tigercruise/index.html

And then click on VIEW TRAILER, you can see a Trailer for TIGER CRUISE (with "that voice" natch).

Panni

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2004, 06:16:12 PM »

Should I wear a sailor outfit to the premiere? The Bette Midler look. Or black? Perhaps a black sailor outfit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2004, 06:25:33 PM »

I'm back, and to prove it, I'm here.  Rehearsal was really fun, but more about that later.  I must go to dinner now, but wanted to say keep the home fries burning just a wee bit longer so we don't achieve a new low.  Think I'll check in and see whassup with chat.

Danise

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2004, 06:31:35 PM »

Chat was going strong when I left!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2004, 06:35:25 PM »

Well, since we need posts, I might as well tell you some of the highlights from my trip.

The first day, we stopped at a gas station and I got a Cherry Coke and a Tootsie Roll Pop. (Is this exciting or what?) I have successfully answered the question "How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?"

After 197 licks, I first hit the top of the center. After 366, the entire top part was exposed. After 608, the whole Tootsie Roll center was exposed and all of the Tootsie Pop that was left was the part underneath the center. After 734, I realized that I wouldn't be able to get rid of all of the pop without spraining my tongue.

Isn't this fascinating?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2004, 06:41:04 PM »

Chat is all guys right now!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2004, 07:04:18 PM »

I had a dog once named "tootsie" She used to roll. She used to lick too. I didn't know her pop.

Thank you so much for sharing that information Sandra.

I shall return in a few hours - to check if a frenzy is required! It's not my turn.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2004, 07:13:25 PM »

Sandra you are too cute and funny for words.

Panni, either I’m impatient or the trailer isn’t coming up.  I will try again later.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2004, 07:19:03 PM »

I switched to our main computer and was able to watch the trailer.  :) I can see I will need some Kleenex when I’m watching this. :D

Jane

« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2004, 07:51:39 PM »

Off to watch a movie.  I don't know what yet.  We have movies on TIVO and 4 DVD's from Netlix to choose from.

Jason

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2004, 07:55:29 PM »

There's no one in chat. I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Things have been crazy busy here for the last week or so. Friday night a friend of mine and I saw CAROLINE, OR CHANGE and then yesterday another friend of mine and I went to Long Island to see a mutual friend in CATS. Bleh! The production was great...the show--not so much. It really loses a lot when you scale down the dancing, which they unfortunately had to do because of their lack of playing space. You see CATS for the dancing...not for the plot. There needed to be more dancing. :-\

And now I'm supping and thinking about going to the gym....

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2004, 07:55:48 PM »

I was at a surprise birthday lunch for a neighbor. The setting - a winery on the Niagara Peninsula - was picturesque, but the food merely okay. About 20 of us arrived before the birthday girl (birthday "girl?" It was her 65th), and when she came into the restaurant she nearly collapsed.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2004, 08:05:11 PM »

I agree, that wasn't the most exciting post, though I think it reflected the occasion. But I wanted to do something to boost the numbers.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2004, 08:17:44 PM »

DR Jay:  In my eyes, you are practically perfect in every way!
DR Jay will perform, in concert, "A Spoonful of Sugar," "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," and "Feed the Birds."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2004, 08:28:05 PM »

Should I wear a sailor outfit to the premiere? The Bette Midler look. Or black? Perhaps a black sailor outfit.
Exactly what IS the Bette Midler look?  Mermaid fins?

Does that go well with black?

Or, you could wear the sailor outfit...and bring along the sailor!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jed

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2004, 08:30:10 PM »

I have returned from a truly delightful time with our very own TCB.  For our resident foodies... we both dined on some lovely chicken parmagiana, his with penne, mine with spaghetti.  Very tasty, and more than either of us could finish.  Of course, that didn't stop us from stopping for ice cream afterwards, getting mammoth servings of sinfully rich dairy goodness.  I doubt either of us will eat again until Thursday.

It was a wonderful evening of merriment, mirth, laughter, but oddly lacking in legs.  I very much look forward to future meetings!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2004, 08:32:28 PM »

I had a nice, full day at work today, from the opening of the store to it's closing.  That's a lot of time on my feet!  My legs are tired!

And then, of course, I had to prepare dinner for der Brucer.  (A nice leg of lamb, with roasted veggies.  Yummers.)

I'm pooped.

And then I find out he's spent the day with buzzards!  The nerve of some people!  I don't mind the Cardinals, the Blue Jays, or the Squirrels, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, folks!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2004, 08:38:29 PM »

Getting back to my own question about "Extended Versions" of movies on DVD, there are two examples so far where I find the films were improved by the extentions.

The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers stand as very good examples of heightend storytelling through the additional detail.  The difference is that Jackson had planned ahead with the material, knowing that his storytelling would stand up the the longer films, but also understanding that the films would not play as well in the theater without some editing.

Another example may be heading to the stores on Tuesday: Hellboy.  Here again, more of the story was filmed, and it was edited down for the theatrical release.  What was edited out was apparently footage that had to do with the character relationships.  Whether or not the additional scenes help the film remains to be seen.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2004, 08:52:18 PM »

Good Evening!

It was a good day of rehearsing.  Lots of good detail work in the choreography department.

Once I got back to the apartment, I realized I wasn't feeling very well... and that I was very tired too.  Very tired.  So, I decided to head out for a little bit and take a walk just to get some air, and also just to wake myself up a little bit.  -I probably could have fallen asleep then and there, but then I probably would have ended up getting up around 4:00AM, so...  Well, while I was walking around, I realized I was actually hungry  - well, more like in need of food - the last time I had had anything substantial was around 11:00am - a bagel and cream cheese at rehearsal.  So... eight hours later...  I headed over to the Japanese place down the street and got some teriyaki chicken over udon noodles.  Just what I needed.  I'm feeling much better now.

*And I also ended up walking down to The House of Pies, and I picked up a slice of the Strawberry Cream Pie for later. :D

And speaking of later...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2004, 08:55:47 PM »

Do you know a black sailor who will loan you one?

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2004, 09:07:50 PM »

Mother of mercy is this the end of Little Rico?  We need us an old-fashioned posting frenzy, that's what I'M talkin' about.  Get up off Ye Olde Butt Cheeks and let's have a topic or two, so we can not achieve a new low on this fine Sunday.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2004, 09:09:29 PM »

Yes, indeed, I spent a splendid, but all too brief, evening with my very-own cyber son, Jed.  The food was great, but the company was even better.  I am happy to say that Jed is as delightful and charming as we have always imagined him to be.  I hope this will be the first of many good times spent in his company....... Now if we can just find him a good job!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2004, 09:09:48 PM »

Panni's daughter Rachel requested the pleasure of my company at dinner and I went and had the pleasure of her company, along with Panni and Rachel's boyfriend Adam.  We ate at P.F. Chang's - food was good, not great.  I feel like I ate way too much but I know I didn't.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2004, 09:12:02 PM »

Camera!  Why didn't I think to bring a camera!

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2004, 09:14:26 PM »

Where in tarnation is everybody this weekend???

“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2004, 09:28:08 PM »

Yes, I echo that sentiment - where in tarnation IS everyone?  I do seem to remember some folks saying they'd be errant and truant, but still, we have that every weekend.  Where is the frenzy.  We haven't even had a "fr" yet, let alone a frenzy.  In fact, let's have a frenzied frenzy, just for the HELL of it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2004, 09:32:58 PM »

DRPANNI....after watching the preview (small but faster NOT larger but you may have to wait) - I think they only thing to wear to the premiere is a tube top and shorts!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2004, 09:33:15 PM »

Maybe Jack could give us some info about the show he is doing?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2004, 09:33:22 PM »

HELLBOY?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up