Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HOME IMPROVEMENT  (Read 13401 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:HOME IMPROVEMENT
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2004, 10:55:55 AM »

DRBEN - what bargains....what bargains.

I love the GOLDEN RAINBOW Overture....and that duet For Once In Your Life....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2004, 10:56:35 AM »

DR WEL:  did you used to live in Menomonee Falls?  You might have known Betsy's family--they owned the only big grocery/dry goods store in town for years and years.

In fact, here 's a great small world story:  I was remodelling a previous house I used to own right after I had just met Betsy.  The guy doing the work was a guy who had worked for me several times before, and whom I knew only from the work he had done for me in Portland.  I was telling him about my new girlfriend and mentioned she came from a little town in Wisconsin.  He said, "I'm from a little town in Wisconsin..."--and you can probably guess the rest.  The really mind-blowing thing was he still had a bunch of old grocery sacks from Betsy's family's store lying around his house that he had kept stuff in for years and years!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 10:57:13 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2004, 10:58:29 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]P A
 g

e

T
 r
 e
[/move]

h

e

DANCE
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 10:59:24 AM by JRand54 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2004, 10:59:51 AM »

Well THAT didn't work....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2004, 11:13:47 AM »

Oh, I don't know...it has a zen quality....!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2004, 11:17:01 AM »

I went to the "official" Steve and Eydie Web site and all I can say is, somebody send those folks a Web consultant. The Web site is not very attractive to look at and much, if not all the text is in very large [size=8]CAPS[/size].

Mr. Bakalor (or somebody who knows how to put up a Web page) should call these people.

http://www.steveandeydie.com/

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2004, 11:23:29 AM »

I think a couple of us have commented on this before re:  Steve and Eydie, but they had a really fun email glitch a few years ago (can't remember if it was after Sammy or Rainbow came out on CD from their site), but several people who had ordered whatever CD it was from them starting getting personal emails from their manager to some booking agent in Hawaii for a potential gig.  The negotiations were hysterically funny, I wish I had saved the emails now.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2004, 11:39:20 AM »

I am glad that everyone enjoyed my small world WHAT IF story yesterday.

By the way, BK, Sharry (she of the Friday night photo shoot) would be more than happy to send you and or your cast a copy of all the photos taken Friday night.

I know it isn't Ask BK Day but, Should Sharry send the photos to the theater in care of you?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2004, 11:40:49 AM »

Good Morning!

Yep!  It's drizzling in Pasadena!  Looks like I'll need to carry my umbrella with me when I venture out later.  -Hopefully, I didn't bring any of the current East Coast weather with me. ;)  -Oh, but there are flashflood warnings posted for some spots inland and in the desert areas.  Hmmm...

As I was channel flipping earlier, I came across Jane Pauley's new talk show... Hmm...

In other news... Well, there really is no other news right now...  I just need to plan my day - or at least today and tomorrow.  I just want to make sure I pace myself properly before the show tonight.  We shall see...

Well...

OK - I'm babbling...

Laters.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2004, 11:45:32 AM »

I would love to have those photos!  She can send them to me directly.  e-mail me and I'll give you the address immediately.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2004, 11:55:13 AM »

Ben!  Great to see you back.

I am not posting from work.  I am still at home.  My little Angel was very sick in the night, so I was up most of the morning hours cleaining up problems from both ends.  I was quite sure that I would be taking her to the Animal Hospital this morning, but she seems quite perky today.  Perhaps she is just getting nervous about the impending move (mine, not BK's)

Either that or I should stop letting her eat food that I cooked myself!

Jane, sorry to hear that Bogie is still not well, but this new doctor sounds very promising.  I am keeping good thoughts for all of you.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2004, 11:59:58 AM »

Uh....thanks DR RLP....yea...ZEN....yes that was what I was going for....yes....

From what movie:  "He is in the Zen room."

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2004, 12:04:11 PM »

JRand54,

Is tonight opening night?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2004, 12:05:56 PM »

Here is an amusing story: The Mold People just came to take a reading (they couldn't do the bathroom yet, until we decide whether the buyer is going to just do everything (we're paying) or whether we'll rebuild the part of the floor that needs tending to and the shower frame.  THEN they retest, but all else is fine.  So, the Mold Man says to me, "You got great reviews - and you just got a great write-up in the Ventura paper.  Apparently he's been following the progress of What If.  I've invited him to the show, so he'll call and book tix soon.

Michael

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2004, 12:06:09 PM »

Men Without Hats. I became friends with one of its members in the last year of his life. I met him about the same time I met DR Matt Hough on line. Time goes on (Sigh)
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2004, 12:06:20 PM »

There are currently forty boxes of CDs sitting in my living room.  They aren't quite finished yet.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2004, 12:08:35 PM »

Good Morning!

Yep!  It's drizzling in Pasadena!  Looks like I'll need to carry my umbrella with me when I venture out later.  -Hopefully, I didn't bring any of the current East Coast weather with me. ;)  -Oh, but there are flashflood warnings posted for some spots inland and in the desert areas.  Hmmm...

As I was channel flipping earlier, I came across Jane Pauley's new talk show... Hmm...

In other news... Well, there really is no other news right now...  I just need to plan my day - or at least today and tomorrow.  I just want to make sure I pace myself properly before the show tonight.  We shall see...

Well...

OK - I'm babbling...

Laters.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY BROTHER???

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2004, 12:09:29 PM »

In other words, DR Jose, tell him to get his tuchus over to the keyboard and post once in a while!  ;)

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2004, 12:16:45 PM »

I've been going around singing, "Where's my other hat? Help me find my other hat."

I have to wear one - dermatologist's orders - and the old cap had seen better days. So yesterday I bought a new one and wore it home. It has to be here, no?

Fortunately, since I was about to walk Archie, I was able to retrieve the old cap from the dishwasher (the best place to wash an old cap said the guy who sold me the new one; and I think he was right).

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2004, 12:18:49 PM »

DR Noel:

Well, I never!  (Well, maybe once...)

I was just browsing through some of the posts that I missed during my long absence, and I came across your quatrain on Inge.

Would you believe that I used exactly that same rhyme in my once-and-future internet novel Any Other Season, in Chapter 13:  Rhyming Orange?  The chapter contains about a dozen attempts to rhyme the infamously unrhymable word, and that was one of them.

I guess great minds think alike.  8-)>
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2004, 12:19:22 PM »

Thank you MBarnum.  I feel so much better just having a doctor I have confidence in.

Jose-glad you had such good news after all the destruction back home.  I’m even happier your place is okay.

So far I have only read last nights posts.  I will have to catch up later.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2004, 12:20:18 PM »

Here is an amusing story: The Mold People just came to take a reading (they couldn't do the bathroom yet, until we decide whether the buyer is going to just do everything (we're paying) or whether we'll rebuild the part of the floor that needs tending to and the shower frame.  THEN they retest, but all else is fine.  So, the Mold Man says to me, "You got great reviews - and you just got a great write-up in the Ventura paper.  Apparently he's been following the progress of What If.  I've invited him to the show, so he'll call and book tix soon.

BK, Be sure to get a quote from the Mold Man. I'm sure Mel Brooks would love seeing it next to his.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 12:30:43 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2004, 12:37:08 PM »

The hot water heater is up and working - and in an hour-and-a-half I shall have hot water again.  I can shower at home again, and I can do my laundry.  O Joy O Rapture O Captain

Ben

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2004, 12:42:59 PM »

Oh, Tony (Randall)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2004, 12:45:35 PM »

I must say, even though they're way too hard to pin down as to sched, the plumbers have done the best job of any of these people - totally professional, quick and easy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2004, 12:51:47 PM »

Bruce-best of vibes you got the house of your choice today!

I’m up to page two now.  I will be back later.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2004, 12:59:27 PM »

Oh yes! Hot water is a lovely thing.
Sometimes I forget in my little guest house that it takes time for the water to heat up. Once it does, there's plenty of it, as hot as you want. But it takes a little time initially to get out here, so I have to plan my showers and turn on the water 10 minutes ahead of time. Once in a while I forget and then were you a fly on the wall -- there's actually one here riright now - I left the door open for 2 seconds and the cursed thing flew in - but I digress -- were you flies on the wall, DRs, you would hear some choice swearing at the poor cold water that's just minding its own business and slowly warming up.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2004, 01:05:16 PM »

It was great to see the sun this morning after three days of heavy rains, flooding, and overcast skies, As I took my walk for the first time in three days, I was amazed at how beautiful all that water left everything. Trees and grass that had been getting dry had suddenly sprung back to life.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2004, 01:07:33 PM »

In one hour I shall begin doing loads of lovely laundry, which will probably take two hours, and then I shall take an endless long hot shower.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2004, 01:10:22 PM »

WARNING!! WARNING!! EXTREME DANGER!!!

The below picture of me was taken last Saturday. I thought you'd like to see this pool I've been talking about going to all summer. Ignore the big forehead in the middle of the pool.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up